Minor annoyances

Discussion, in general

Re: Minor annoyances

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:47 pm

It used to be a $100 premium for bluetooth but you can get cheap ones for a $50 premium now. Mind you, it's still 'you get what you pay'. So wired headphones are probably the way to go. They give the best sound anyways because it's always analog. And if your cellphone/music player doesn't support a headphone jack you can get a portable DAC/Amplifier for about $60.00 on Amazon. Mine costs about $70.00 and is a far superior sound/product to what cellphones put out for sound. But I'm biased towards it. And just about every PC out there has a headphone jack.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:08 pm

I got a call from Comcast while I was at work yesterday, offering some kind of promotional deal to upgrade my service at the same price I'm paying now if I sign a two year contract. I told the rep I was interested, and she put me on hold, and then the call dropped. I called back to the number that called me, and I got an operator who said she couldn't reconnect me but she could mark the account so I would get a call back within 24 hours. I did not get a call back within 24 hours.

I went on Comcast's website to see if I could find the offer there. Their website won't display any offers for existing customers. I have to call them and talk to a sales rep if I want to upgrade my service, because apparently I'm getting my internet from a company in the 1970's. I called their line and asked the new rep if she had any idea what they could have been talking about, and she informed me that I wasn't eligible for any promotions she could see.

I'm not any worse off than I was, apart from wasting some of my time. I'm just impressed that Comcast sucks so badly that they even managed to give me a terrible customer service experience on a call that they initiated.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:52 pm

You have to play it right. Get the call escalated.

"I'm not eligible for any promotions? But your company just called and offered me a promotion. Let me talk to your supervisor."

If "supe" doesn't hook it up then threaten to cancel.

"You're a supervisor and can't see that I was just called by Comcast and offered a two year contract? I'm not sure I want to stay a customer if you can't honor the offers that you call me with".

They'll either come around and give you the deal or transfer you to a person whose job it is to retain customers and they'll do it.

Or, and highly possible since it's Comcast, they'll call your bluff and cancel your service if you allow them.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:57 pm

I went to the Asian supermarket to get golden kiwis, and they didn't currently have them. Not wanting to leave empty-handed, I looked around for anything else I might eat. Yellow dragon fruit were on sale.

I've had dragon fruit twice. The first time I had it I was in my early teens. It resembled watermelon, and I didn't like watermelon at the time, so I didn't try it again until over a decade later. That time, it still resembled watermelon, but A. it was slightly tart, and B. my tastes had changed to like watermelon in the interim.

So I decided I would try this yellow dragon fruit. I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm doing keto, or if my tastes have changed again, or if the yellow dragonfruit is different from the red, but it is disgustingly, cloyingly, intolerably sweet.

cmsellers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Bad Bart of Ruddigore

Previous