Controversial opinions you hold

Discussion, in general

Re: Controversial opinions you hold

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:43 am

You can double post. As long as you do it on different days. How do you think Sellars got such a high post count?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:36 am

That's only part of it. The real trick is to pay people in third-world countries to post for you, at a rate of pennies per post.

cmsellers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Bad Bart of Ruddigore

Postby Pedgerow » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:57 pm

Hey! The UK isn't third-world! Yet! By the way, you owe me $85.68.

I guess I also need to contribute a controversial opinion, so here is my solution to the debate on whether or not it should be okay to hit your kids: you can't kid your kids, but you can hit other people's kids. It's absolutely the best of both worlds. There are countless horror stories of children being abused by their parents, and there is no evidence that physical discipline makes a child grow up "better" in any way. It's purely for the benefit of the parent, because it feels so good to give your insolent little shit a grown-up slap when it still won't shut up, but the child learns nothing. So I'm opposed to parents hitting their kids. However, they're still shits. I still want to be able to smack the child who runs into me while sprinting obliviously through the supermarket. And the child is a stranger; I will hit him just once and that will be that. There is no need to protect him from abuse, so why should I be stripped of my rights like that? And this argument has a precedent: just think of all the mothers who tell their naughty children, "Just wait till your father gets home!" What if that child doesn't have a father? Instant shit-stirrer right there. Instead of waiting for the father, just take your kid for a walk down the high street. He'll shape up damn quickly or he's getting punted through a window into a betting shop. If he stops misbehaving, yay, instant discipline. If he doesn't, then I will feel the righteous red mist descend around this shrieking ankle-biter, and I will feel fantastic. I don't want to watch a father batter his toddler on the bus; that would be very uncomfortable to be around. So if the toddler is uncomfortable to be around due to their odious behaviour, it makes sense that the fellow passengers should be allowed to do it instead. We're the ones who have been inconvenienced.

Pedgerow
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:36 pm

A rebuttal but without judging Pedgerow per topic rules:

No, no, no, you beat the parent, not the child. The child won't learn from it's own beating but could learn if they see their parent catching a fresh beatdown for allowing the child to act like that. I mean you beat the kid and the parent will still enable it. If the parent is afraid to let the kid run wild then your issue is resolved. Children only do what they're allowed to do.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Windy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:27 pm

Society is getting worse, not better. Everything except technology and maybe medicine has gotten worse in the last 30 years.

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:11 pm

That's been the mainstream opinion throughout most of history, and is still very popular, I'd daresay likely the most popular position today. How does it feel to be normal, Windy?

cmsellers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Bad Bart of Ruddigore

Postby Windy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 pm

cmsellers wrote:That's been the mainstream opinion throughout most of history, and is still very popular, I'd daresay likely the most popular position today. How does it feel to be normal, Windy?

Ah, but you see, when other people who say it they only say it to be cool and edgy. I say it because it's actually true.

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:32 pm

Windy isn't edgy and cool. He's too cool and edgy to be that way. He just IS.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:24 am

Windy wrote:
cmsellers wrote:That's been the mainstream opinion throughout most of history, and is still very popular, I'd daresay likely the most popular position today. How does it feel to be normal, Windy?

Ah, but you see, when other people who say it they only say it to be cool and edgy. I say it because it's actually true.

My grandparents are trying to be cool and edgy?

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:03 am

Absentia wrote:
Windy wrote:

My grandparents are trying to be cool and edgy?

If meemaw steps in your face and asks if you want smoke just back away apologetically.

Or punch her in the face if you're feeling frisky.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Previous