Controversial opinions you hold

Discussion, in general

Re: Controversial opinions you hold

Postby cmsellers » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 pm

DoglovingJim wrote: The only thing which redeems people for me is not what sort of flimflam they are, but what's inside them.

In my experience, by the time I've figured out what's inside people they're generally not long for this Earth.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby sunglasses » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:18 pm

I thought vivisections were outlawed.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby cmsellers » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:01 pm

And when you outlaw vivisections only outlaws will be vivisectionists.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby D-LOGAN » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:24 pm

OUTLAW VIVISECTIONIST!

He's about to get to know you, Inside And Out!

In cinemas now.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby Australia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:57 am

By day, he's mild-mannered door-to-door pathologist, Rex Urbody. But by night, he becomes Outlaw Vivisectionist, armed with only his wits, the underground training he received and a scalpel. But when Doctors Without Borders comes to his country to put him out of business for good, Rex must find what's deep inside himself to protect everything his alter-ego has worked for.

The Outlaw Vivisectionist Rises.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby IamNotCreepy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:02 pm

I find it very weird for grown men to be obsessed with Disney.

I get why little kids like it, and I can see why some women like it (the whole unhealthy obsession with the princesses), but I don't see the appeal for an adult male.

Actually, I find it weird for anyone to be obsessed with Disney, to be honest. Everything about it is so fake and manufactured. It's just ... icky.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby cmsellers » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:27 am

IamNotCreepy wrote:I find it very weird for grown men to be obsessed with Disney.

I feel basically the same way with adults and Pokemon.

When you're a kid it makes sense that you should be able to name all the animals that exist, and also that they should have some sort of magical powers. As an adult, it seems like a poor substitute for the wonder of nature.

Of course I never liked Pokemon as a kid, but as a kid I was into mythical creatures like wyverns and cockatrices, and making my own such creatures. (My favorite in elementary school was a flying dolphin, in middle school it was basically a bird crossed with a snake and a crocodile.) But as an adult? Not so much, especially not when I realize how many weird real animals there are out there.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:06 am

Okay I got one!

I firmly believe that some part of our government should be determined through Cleromancy. No more vicious political conflicts, just the roll and the nice click clack of cool and light dice to determine who will take what place.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:34 am

cmsellers wrote:
IamNotCreepy wrote:I find it very weird for grown men to be obsessed with Disney.

I feel basically the same way with adults and Pokemon.

When you're a kid it makes sense that you should be able to name all the animals that exist, and also that they should have some sort of magical powers. As an adult, it seems like a poor substitute for the wonder of nature.

Of course I never liked Pokemon as a kid, but as a kid I was into mythical creatures like wyverns and cockatrices, and making my own such creatures. (My favorite in elementary school was a flying dolphin, in middle school it was basically a bird crossed with a snake and a crocodile.) But as an adult? Not so much, especially not when I realize how many weird real animals there are out there.

“A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest.”- C.S. Lewis

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:38 am

People with obnoxiously high standards are objectively idiots. Just, how hard is it to lighten up?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby IamNotCreepy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:People with obnoxiously high standards are objectively idiots. Just, how hard is it to lighten up?

Right? I don't associate with people like that. I have standards, you know?

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby reallifegirl » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Probably not that controversial here, but: I see absolutely nothing valuable about the Sarahah app that won't immediately be undone by people using it to be shitty.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby skrotkanon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:44 pm

reallifegirl wrote:Probably not that controversial here, but: I see absolutely nothing valuable about the Sarahah app that won't immediately be undone by people using it to be shitty.

"Sarahah helps people self-develop by receiving constructive anonymous feedback."

On the internet? I laughed out loud, couldn't help myself... It's a sweet idea but yeah, ridiculously ripe for abuse.

skrotkanon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Sleepyhead

Postby reallifegirl » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:48 pm

skrotkanon wrote:
reallifegirl wrote:Probably not that controversial here, but: I see absolutely nothing valuable about the Sarahah app that won't immediately be undone by people using it to be shitty.

"Sarahah helps people self-develop by receiving constructive anonymous feedback."

On the internet? I laughed out loud, couldn't help myself... It's a sweet idea but yeah, ridiculously ripe for abuse.

Ohhhhh yeah. And see, I actually kind of like it for its original intended use (a way for employees to leave anonymous feedback at their jobs on various topics). But to use that for personal feedback about you as a human? Oh God no. No no no. Noooooooooooo.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby sunglasses » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Krashlia wrote:Okay I got one!

I firmly believe that some part of our government should be determined through Cleromancy. No more vicious political conflicts, just the roll and the nice click clack of cool and light dice to determine who will take what place.

*rolls die to determine who is the Governor of Pennsylvania*

"I got a 6. Uh, which die rules are we going with? I mean, are we going with D &D's method of the higher the numerical value the better or is the lower the numerical value better?"

"Yeah, we're going with Gygax. Now, let's see what the challenger has rolled. If he gets higher then you, he'll be governor."

*Governor Wolf rolls a 6*

"Ok, Governor candidates! You're going to keep rolling until one of you wins. I don't care if your hands hurt. ROLL THOSE D20s!"

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

PreviousNext