Don't do what I've done

Discussion, in general

Re: Don't do what I've done

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:05 pm

mancityfooty wrote:
I prefer sugar free gummy bears. I just got a five pound bag.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:07 am

That's the last time I play sims dammit! I thought we had a connection...

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby reallifegirl » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:27 pm

Don't stay up for an extra hour after the Oscars ceremony (which ended around midnight) because you want to read the Tweets/FB statuses of your friends and loved ones. Tomorrow!You will hate you once you're at work.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby Krashlia » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:16 am

reallifegirl wrote:Don't stay up for an extra hour after the Oscars ceremony (which ended around midnight) because you want to read the Tweets/FB statuses of your friends and loved ones. Tomorrow!You will hate you once you're at work.

Someone has spoken to my experience!... and to my regret in the morning.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Malfeasinator » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:12 am

Don't flounder in your early 20s, or stall out, because you don't know what you want to do. Pick the lesser of evils, go for the cash, and just get somewhere, anywhere, better in life.

Don't let other people make major life choices for you.

Don't rely on people out of desperation and uncertainty.

Don't be 100% certain about anything, ever. You will be unable to cope with being wrong.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:19 am

Matthew Notch wrote:I bought it for my wife because we had always enjoyed throwing down on the Bomberman games for SNES, so my disappointment was more because she was like, "Oh, this is definitely not what I was hoping for." If it had been just me, I could have dealt with it; you walk around and throw bombs, I mean that's fine. But having to see my poor wife's face drop was just too much.

Thinking back on it, how many actually good games were there for N64?

Soooooo... yea, late response, I've been busy lately and don't have as much time to read the forum now as I used to. Oddly enough, I managed to write out a big-ass response to a tangent that spun off from this. But yeah, the N64 didn't have very many good games. It had a few great games, not many, but a few. I've always felt that the biggest problem with the 64 is that aside from a few killer apps, it had almost nothing.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby Maize » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Don't shave with an old, and probably not well cleaned, razor. I did this in high school once, and I ended up getting a weird infection on my armpits. I could not wear deodorant for a few weeks (which double sucks for it being late summer). This was quite unpleasant and embarrassing.

Don't soak your tented glasses in alcohol over night. I had a pair of glasses that have gotten scratched up badly and were too blurry for me to wear. Since I cannot afford to get new glasses anytime soon, I was desperate to try to clean them, and eyeglass sprays did nothing. I tried soaking them in alcohol, thinking it would remove dirt and whatnot and just evaporate away because science! . Well soaking them in alcohol only resulted in the tent coating to come off. Fortunately, I had an old pair of glasses, so I had a "back up" in case something went wrong.

Maize
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby saywhat? » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:54 pm

If you're driving a manual and hit heavy traffic, don't be lazy and keep your foot on the clutch. Once traffic gets moving, your car will not.

saywhat?
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Twistappel » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:57 pm

When experimenting with dip-dying your hair, don't:
  1. decide that you don't really need hair clips; and
  2. start putting the bleach in at the front of your head.

You will wind up being unable to see what you are doing, because there is a bunch of tinfoil-and-bleach-covered hair obscuring your vision, and causing you to inhale fumes from the bleach (which can't be good for you). You may also accidentally bleach half of one of your eyebrows.

You say "New World Order" "communist echo chamber" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Don't drink Russian Standard vodka with peppermint candies soaked in it.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Sekhmet » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:19 am

Don’t jump off a snowbank without being 100% sure of the conditions of your landing spot.

Sure you might look cool for a moment but you will be cold for a lot longer. If you’re lucky, you will only lose a boot but breaking through an ice crust can really do so damage.

So remember, If the women don’t find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy. –Red Green
Sekhmet
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Malfeasinator » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:50 pm

Don't just drop all your classes, all at once, without talking to someone first, especially if you're on financial aid. Let people know what's going on in your life and they might be willing to work with you.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby Maize » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:23 pm

When working on an extra credit group project*, don't spend money on software that you will probably never use again.
*If I don't get at least a B on this assignment, I'm going to drink a bottle of Drano -.-

**Update: I got full points wooh!

Last edited by Maize on Tue May 03, 2016 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maize
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Windy » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Don't carry your laptop everywhere you go on campus. You'll wear it down and the internal components will come loose and the fan will start hitting the sides of your laptop causing smoke to come out.

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:44 pm

That have special backpacks for laptops.

I got one just for the reason Windy described.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

PreviousNext