The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby Absentia » Wed May 02, 2018 6:34 pm

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:Trying to lose weight, but I just broke down and had a drumstick cone. Fuck my life.

In my experience successful weight loss is less influenced by what you eat and more by how much you exercise. Which is a real drag for me because I hate exercising with a passion, but c'est la vie. Focus on that and don't worry so much about an ice cream cone here and there.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Thu May 03, 2018 2:57 am

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby iMURDAu » Sat May 05, 2018 7:44 pm

Go to do some yard work and my son noticed the tree we planted last month was only half there. Some waste of human flesh clipped a tree planted by an 8 year old and left the remains there. You can clearly see it was cut at an angle. They didn't have the balls to knock on our door and punch anyone though. Stay classy Williamsport, you hillbilly fucks. Never had a problem with anyone. Always been friendly to everyone around us. That changes now.

We've got a dash cam, now I guess we need a house cam.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun May 06, 2018 4:21 pm

iMURDAu wrote:Go to do some yard work and my son noticed the tree we planted last month was only half there. Some waste of human flesh clipped a tree planted by an 8 year old and left the remains there. You can clearly see it was cut at an angle. They didn't have the balls to knock on our door and punch anyone though. Stay classy Williamsport, you hillbilly fucks. Never had a problem with anyone. Always been friendly to everyone around us. That changes now.

We've got a dash cam, now I guess we need a house cam.

I'll go one step further, get a fence for the front yard and buy a dog too.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby iMURDAu » Sun May 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Fence is a priority now. Idk about a dog. I'd much rather have a gharial.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon May 07, 2018 4:20 am

iMURDAu wrote:Fence is a priority now. Idk about a dog. I'd much rather have a gharial.

Problem with a Gharial is that your intruder only has to run in zig-zags and the cold blooded fella can't catch him. I guess to each his own, since some people lack the time and dedication to give a dog a good life. But one thing I learned is that a dog usually is a good deterrent, even a small yappy rodent dog (and they sort of act as an alarm if someone is loitering outside your house). When a criminal or vandal is scouting out homes, they'd rather go trespass on the house without these things then the one with (worrying about waking up the inhabitants and the neighbors) as the majority of them are criminals by opportunity and therefore always go to the path of least resistance.

It's good that a front fence is a priority now, and potentially that security camera, your castle is beginning to be well fortified.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby CarrieVS » Mon May 07, 2018 10:24 am

Also, research has shown that people are less likely to steal something if they can see eyes - even pictures of eyes. So I'd speculate that a pet looking at you, even if it's totally quiet and friendly, would have the same effect.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby cmsellers » Mon May 07, 2018 5:59 pm

iMURDAu wrote:Fence is a priority now. Idk about a dog. I'd much rather have a gharial.

Gharials actually aren't very aggressive. What you want is a false gharial, which are some of the most aggressive reptiles out there.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Tesseracts » Mon May 07, 2018 6:52 pm

I don't believe in dogs as a deterrent to robbery. Dogs are a lot of work and you might lose motivation to care of them if watching the house for tree vandals is their primary purpose. Get a dog because you want one, and the fact that a dog might bite intruders is a cool bonus. Or, intruders might shoot your dog. Or intruders might ignore the dog, and the cops show up to stop the intruders, and the cops shoot your dog for no reason. Then the cops get a paid vacation. So next time buy 20 dogs so the cops can't possibly shoot all of them. Then they will get even more cops. Then you will have to buy even more dogs. The cycle never ends. So, don't even start.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Ladki96 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:02 pm

are you saying buying 20 dogs or more isn't a super idea

and sorry to hear that iMURDAu {{{Little Doug}}} more house protections are good though :)

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby iMURDAu » Mon May 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Tesseracts wrote:I don't believe in dogs as a deterrent to robbery. Dogs are a lot of work and you might lose motivation to care of them if watching the house for tree vandals is their primary purpose. Get a dog because you want one, and the fact that a dog might bite intruders is a cool bonus. Or, intruders might shoot your dog. Or intruders might ignore the dog, and the cops show up to stop the intruders, and the cops shoot your dog for no reason. Then the cops get a paid vacation. So next time buy 20 dogs so the cops can't possibly shoot all of them. Then they will get even more cops. Then you will have to buy even more dogs. The cycle never ends. So, don't even start.

PetSmart says they won't sell me 20 dogs at once. Rescues keep asking why I want/need 20 dogs at once and then ask for my name.

There's a family of bunny wabbits that live in the neighbor's brushpile. I'm thinking about militarizing them. I work at a grocery store and while you and I wouldn't pay money for the produce we throw out the animals aren't going to turn it down.

The tree seems to be surviving. Time will tell if it will keep growing but I hope it does so I can hang a sign that says "Hi Haters!" on it. Wait, do cops shoot false gharials?

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:11 pm

iMURDAu wrote:Wait, do cops shoot false gharials?

Only if it’s coming right for them.

I know they’re not cops, but Wikipedia tells me it’s a vulnerable species, and the reference was too good for me to pass up.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Marcuse » Tue May 08, 2018 8:56 am

I found a pic of iMURDAu waiting for the tree-vandal:

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Kate » Tue May 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Is the tree blocking someone's view of something? Because if so, you have found your culprit and your revenge.

If the tree doesn't make it, build a really tall and garish playset type thing. A treehouse fort without a tree. Have a slide come down. Paint it in obnoxious colors. And just put a ton of wind chimes on it. Every time someone so much as farts near that thing, at least 20 long metal poles should clank against each other in some kind of gastrointestinal shame dance. Your son can help you build it, it will be great.

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby Absentia » Tue May 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Kate wrote:Is the tree blocking someone's view of something? Because if so, you have found your culprit and your revenge.

If the tree doesn't make it, build a really tall and garish playset type thing. A treehouse fort without a tree. Have a slide come down. Paint it in obnoxious colors. And just put a ton of wind chimes on it. Every time someone so much as farts near that thing, at least 20 long metal poles should clank against each other in some kind of gastrointestinal shame dance. Your son can help you build it, it will be great.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spite_house

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

PreviousNext