The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby LaoWai » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:59 am

Overall, I just had a shit day. I shan't get into details at the moment, except for the bright point: I totally scored some new shower sandals that fit, so maybe my feet will smell less bad. Otherwise, just rape this day.

It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 美国的白痴

Postby cmsellers » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:55 am

iMURDAu wrote:Oh, how vague was that thumbs up when I say you were probably joking? No response to any of it so far. Bra-fucking-vo! I think all the internets were already awarded. Since nobody does that anymore I assume the stock was depleted and nobody is giving them up. So I will just hold up my hand and say "high five" in my best Borat.

I was reading that and it came across as Marcuse explaining a joke, not pointing out that you missed the obvious and I was like holly shite cmsellers murdered that and left the corpse looking alive.

Sorry, I cannot understand what you are saying here.

Are you complaining that I didn't make a post confirming that I was joking?

If so, this is me, confirming in writing that I was indeed making a joke. If you'd like I can go to my bank and get a notarized statement.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:05 pm

iMURDAu wrote:Oh, how vague was that thumbs up when I say you were probably joking? No response to any of it so far. Bra-fucking-vo! I think all the internets were already awarded. Since nobody does that anymore I assume the stock was depleted and nobody is giving them up. So I will just hold up my hand and say "high five" in my best Borat.

I was reading that and it came across as Marcuse explaining a joke, not pointing out that you missed the obvious and I was like holly shite cmsellers murdered that and left the corpse looking alive.

I can't comprehend the English language anymore...

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:57 pm

I meant to send that as a PM. :oops:

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:15 am

Sparkle.jpg
Sparkle.jpg (28.5 KiB) Viewed 5644 times

My twenty year old cat, Sparkle, either has a bad infection in her mouth,....or oral cancer. She was given a couple of shots, but if the swelling in her mouth doesn't go away in one week, we'll have to put her down.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby DoglovingJim » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:33 am

LaoWai wrote:Overall, I just had a shit day. I shan't get into details at the moment, except for the bright point: I totally scored some new shower sandals that fit, so maybe my feet will smell less bad. Otherwise, just rape this day.

LaoWai it'll pick up, it's the bad days that make our good days shine extra bright since we have something to compare them to.

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:17 am

It must be me.

I was supposed to get a call for a phone interview at 3 PM today (with a different company than the last one), but heard nothing. I sent the recruiter an e-mail about a half hour later asking if she knew wtf was going on, and she said that the manager was busy (apparently too busy to tell anyone ahead of time), but they'll definitely reschedule. So once again, I find myself trying to get a job from a company that can't be bothered to show up to their own phone interview.

At least they didn't try to claim they called.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:48 pm

On Monday in a different thread, I wrote:I had a phone interview scheduled for today... and the person actually called for a change. She was an outside recruiter, but still.

She seemed to think I did well, and I should know by the end of the week if they want me in for a face to face interview.

I just got an e-mail from her about five minutes ago saying they weren't going to interview me.

At least I got a definitive answer. And I do have one other job interview lined up for next week, so there's that.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:03 am

A few days ago my Dad captured a flying squirrel that was stealing protein bars in the basement. We released it in the woods near a community college far from our house. My Mom got really upset about this and revealed she had been purposefully leaving out protein bars and regarded the animal as a "pet." But it's not a pet, it's a wild animal and it's unsanitary to have it in our house. She said she was afraid there might be squirrel babies in the house, a claim I didn't take seriously.

Today she frantically yelled at me to come downstairs. I went to the basement and she said she accidentally stepped on a mouse. But it wasn't a mouse, it was a baby flying squirrel. She was right all along and really upset about it. I feel really bad also. The baby squirrel was bleeding a lot and soon died. If I accidentally stepped on a baby squirrel I would be traumatized. I told her I feel really bad about the whole thing and she eventually said she didn't blame me for it. This whole situation would be avoided if we didn't have so many holes in our terrible house. Now I'm afraid there are other baby squirrels in the house somewhere and I have no idea where.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Kivutar » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:55 pm

Poor squirrel :(

They don't spread rabies though, so you don't have to panic over that.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby DoglovingJim » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:27 am

Another day, another rejection.

Frank Sinatra- That's Life

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:34 pm

Don't do the following things if you want to keep your job:

-Tell someone who injured themselves at work to see their own doctor (when we have one in house)
-Constantly scoff at everyone
-Enter things wrongly in the computer and then lie about it
-Claim you have forgotten everything. Even things that are written down. And in front of you.
-Send people to urgent care without even treating them
-Save and print off emails
-Not complete *any* of the required paperwork
-Not understand how to save things and then save things that have personal information on them and shouldn't be saved in a computer.
-Ignore directives from your boss.
-Argue with your boss in front of a patient.
-Lock the only known set of keys for a desk inside the desk.
-Ask for a rolodex then claim you can't figure out how to use it. Google. Use. Google. Fuck.

No, I did not do these things. But because of this I'm covering at my old job and the new job and will have worked 9 days straight when I finally get a day off on 5/2. Yes. I know I'm crazy.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue May 01, 2018 9:01 pm

Trying to lose weight, but I just broke down and had a drumstick cone. Fuck my life.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:09 pm

I love being submitted for jobs that absolutely require more experience than I have. It's even more fun when I'm not told this until I go all the way to an outer borough of NYC for the interview.

So yeah. I had a job interview today, and in addition to the fact that it was a pain in the ass to get to, I don't think it went very well. They seem to have been looking for someone with project management experience, and I don't really have any. Which raises the perennial question of "Why did they even bother?" I don't think I'll be going with the headhunter that thought I'd be a good fit for this job.

Also, their copy of my resume had a second page that had nothing to do with me, which was weird.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed May 02, 2018 5:38 pm

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:Trying to lose weight, but I just broke down and had a drumstick cone. Fuck my life.

Don't sweat it mate, if you consider your desire to eat junk food as like an addiction then you should view relapsing in the same manner as one would with addiction too. There are many stages involved with changing ones habits and commonly you would be going through several stages many times, especially relapsing.

You having a cheat day should not be something to break you down, if you feel that you screwed up then you can use that to help motivate you to hold on for longer the next time.

What I'm trying to say is that you do not learn from your triumphs, your triumphs are simply the culmination of what you have learned. No I'm saying that you learn from your mistakes, your failures, each step back. My father was a wise man and something that was passed down from his own father was the saying that a man who never made a mistake is a man who has done very little with his life, you need mistakes to grow, mistakes come with growing.

A person not caring about his weight wouldn't have to worry about the occasional snack or anything but since you do then you perceive these little "falling under temptation" as mistakes, but just remember that because you are the one who is trying to change and acknowledging these as mistakes then you are the one who is evolving as a person. And I can assure you that any frustration you have now is short lived, for with it you will be more strongly set in your convictions and will continue to push on.

Progress comes in every little step, you are focusing too much on the one drumstick you did eat and not the billion you refused. You are doing good mate, and if you press on you will achieve your goal of losing weight in no time.

Good work, I'm proud of you. I look forward to hearing more about your goals, and your achievements as you progress one step at the time.

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext