The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:46 am

Ladki96 wrote:That sucks {{{Tess}}} but I'm sure having this doesn't necessarily mean you will get cancer :) how much does it increase the risk by? Can one get surgery to remove/reduce it or something?

I don't know how much it increases the risk by. I have to wait a couple weeks to get the full results of my endoscopy. Surgery is an option, but this is usually treated without surgery. Hiatal hernia is actually really common and most people with it have no symptoms, so I might be overreacting.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Gahhhh.... This has been a productive day in general but ended up reallyyyyy bad for me mentally. Sometimes I wish I could just, flip off my emotions. Could find so many new interesting things to distract myself, but always in the back of my head...

I need to find some new skills.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby IamNotCreepy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:36 pm

I'm pretty sure I had a hiatal hernia last year. It happened after overeating, and it caused really bad heart burn. I had bad chest pain, especially whenever I moved around.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby reallifegirl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:17 pm

Things I continue to fucking hate: friends telling me their dating woes where they relentlessly make poor decisions.

One of my friends just got back together with a guy she used to see casually. Here is the script for all conversations we had about them back then, and that I get to experience anew now:

Her: He's so flaky. He cancelled on me last minute again yesterday. He always does this.

Me: Yeah, he sounds pretty selfish and inconsiderate considering he does this all the time, and it also sounds like he's not going to change anytime soon.

Her: /gets angry with me for criticizing this guy

My plan is to just tell her I can't have this repetitive conversation on a regular basis, and then sit and deal with her being mad about that instead.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:24 pm

I heard back from that job I interviewed for last week (that I thought went really well). They're going to keep my resume on file.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby cmsellers » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:47 pm

@reallifegirl: I need help.

See, I'm bored with the girl I'm currently dating. But she says if I untie her she's going straight to the police. What do I do?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby reallifegirl » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:44 pm

cmsellers wrote:@reallifegirl: I need help.

See, I'm bored with the girl I'm currently dating. But she says if I untie her she's going straight to the police. What do I do?

Simple: convince her that you are the police, and that if she's going to make a report, it has to be written out to you directly.

Alternately, flee to France.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:05 am

OMG don't untie her if she says she's not going to the police! It's just a ruse!

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:54 am

reallifegirl wrote:Alternately, flee to France.

How dare you compare me to Roman Polanksi, RLG!?

I may be a lot of horrible things, but my bloodline is 96% Judenrein!

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Pretty sure I just got wrote up for not printing off my bowel list and seeing who needed laxatives. I only had an accidental 14 hour day and 3 admissions and my printer takes 5 !minutes to load but fuck me, right?

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby PSTN » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:39 am

Speaking as someone with a bit of tech experience, we never did figure out printers, and by now the concept should just be abandoned completely.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby Delta Jim » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:57 pm

That's because printers are the first machines to gain sapience and they're dicks. We always picture that machines given sapience would immediately try to kill us, but there's a saying that goes "those whom the gods would destroy they first make mad" and I believe this applies to sapient machines.

It'll be much easier to wipe us out if we've been driven to insanity by our printers being unpredictable assholes.

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:32 am

I always think that printers are like cellphones of old and the audio connectors. They could use the old standby but why? Why not watch the world burn? It'd be far more fun.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:58 am

NathanLoiselle wrote:I always think that printers are like cellphones of old and the audio connectors. They could use the old standby but why? Why not watch the world burn? It'd be far more fun.

...Only if the world actually burned and you didn’t need that stuff printed out anymore. As it is, it’s just annoying.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby cmsellers » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:52 am

I had to go out twice today, it was raining, and Texas drivers are absolutely terrible in the rain.

The second time it just involved people driving really slow, ensuring that I hit a lot more yellows than I'd hit if it weren't raining. Of course if I were a proper Texan I'd have run those yellows, but since I'm not a proper Texan and still haven't learned to run yellows like one, a good many of these involved the person in front of me getting through and me being stuck at the light.

The first time I went out today, someone pulled out of a driveway and made a left turn apparently without looking. I nearly rammed them in the side, but I was able to swerve into the oncoming traffic lanes (since there was nobody in them), and go around them. Just, holy fuck.

It was terrifying, and it's not even like this was a residential driveway on a quiet street, it was a business driveway on a busy street. And I grew up on a residential driveway on a quiet street and still never pulled out without looking. Was this other driver texting or just made stupid by the rain? I suppose I shall never know.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

PreviousNext