The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby clownpiece » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:34 am

cmsellers wrote:
Absentia wrote:
clownpiece wrote:I just don't understand how people like that can live with themselves. On the bright side, you're 17. Pretty soon you won't have to deal with him so much if you don't want to.

Yeah, that's a bright side, isn't it? But I'm not leaving unless I can take my mom and my sister with me too.

Serious question:

Why can't your mom just kick the cheating deadbeat out?

If she divorces him he'll have to pay for his children, instead of the other way around.

We can't afford a lawyer. Plus, I think mom would rather settle it quietly... I don't really know though.

clownpiece
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: fwip

Postby cmsellers » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:46 am

You can probably find someone to do it pro bono if you fall below the poverty line, which it sounds like you do.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby clownpiece » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:51 am

Maybe. We'll see what happens though.

clownpiece
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:54 am

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby clownpiece » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:04 am

Thanks everyone~! It's so friendly here. It's nice~

clownpiece
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:34 pm

So Time Warner sorry Spectrum had another “unplanned” outage last night. Funny how they always happen on Thursdays around 1:30. Can’t you just admit it’s routine maintenance and do it at 4 AM instead?

Meanwhile, Google Fiber was supposed to schedule an install four months ago and that’s currently on indefinite hold without explanation for my development. Meanwhile, I saw them at the fancy new complex across the street a month ago and they're actively recruiting new customers.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:53 pm

I feel even worse than I did earlier, and can’t even try to sleep (as tired as I am) because I can hardly breathe. Apparently the medicine I took earlier doesn’t actually last twelve hours, but I don’t know what could happen if I take more.

somewhat disgusting description of how I feel right now
My sinuses feel like they’re about to explode out from my face.

I’m really ambivalent about the possibility of work tomorrow.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby CarrieVS » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:22 am

Steam. Steam will ease your sufferings. If you can run to it, put the shower on maximum heat and shut the door and any window in the bathroom. Turn off the extractor fan if you have one. Sit in there - ideally with a book - for as long as you can.

Alternatively, get some inhalant drops, Olbas or Vicks similar (Karvol was best IMO but they don't make it any more) and add it to a mug of boiling water, and just inhale it. You can feel it going right up your sinuses.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Malfeasinator » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:14 pm

CarrieVS wrote:Steam. Steam will ease your sufferings...

Video games won't solve all your problems, just delay the inevitab-

*reads the rest*

Oh. Oh yeah. That's sound advice.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby Kivutar » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:12 pm

So, the very good news is: Paykan has finally ended their losing streak, and against the very worthy opponents Saipa.

However, Saipa is pissing me off. They started by replacing their setter Vadi with Salafzoon.

Item one: they took Salafzoon from Paykan. You know what?

I know how the world works. Salafzoon isn't Mahdavi. He isn't willing to be Marouf's sub indefinitely, and that's completely understandable. He wants to go somewhere where he'll be a starter? Shame to lose him, but all power to him. Going to Saipa? Even better! He'll be playing with Ghafour there, which will be good for the national team. I've been looking forward to seeing him play.

HOWEVER: he isn't playing. Don't get me wrong: he starts, all right. Then he gets subbed the instant things go even slightly south, whether it's his fault or no.

(Yes, I know the textbook says it's always the setter's fault. None of us are students here, so do us all a favour, take that textbook, and shove it up your ass.)

And of course, who is subbing him? Ivan, obviously. Who was subbing for Vadi last year. Which makes this whole thing a pointless exercise.

Because Vadi is brilliant, and he's criminally underrated. You know how far he brought you last year. Kolakovic saw it too, which is why he invited Vadi to the national team last year. Sure, he ended up going with Salafzoon, but the reason why is really, really obvious if you know anything about volleyball. Salafzoon complemented Marouf, and Vadi was similar enough to Marouf that he'd be fairly redundant. It was NOT because Vadi sucks.

But if you're really going to just go for the bigger name, then for fuck's sake, have a little faith in Salafzoon. Sure, he needs to be reined in a bit (if you'd actually watched him in the oh-so-important international games, you'd know that), but he's amazing in his own way. Why the heck are you wasting him after giving up Vadi for him? It's disrespectful to both of them.Heck, it's disrespectful to Ivan too.

Because if you really think Ivan is better and Salafzoon is a mistake - well, you're objectively wrong, but if that's truly what you think - then stand up and admit it. If you call on him to save your ass at the drop of a hat, then fucking start him and give him the credit. That's no way to treat a player either.

And even more generally, why are you doing this to yourselves? "It's been working so far?" Are you Shams, trying to eke out as many wins as possible using whatever tactics work for you that particular day? No disrespect to Shams, but they are literally children who are there to learn. You are serious contenders for the cup, so act like it. Throwing subs on the court and seeing what sticks is not going to work for you in the playoffs unless your name is Sarmayeh Bank (exaggerated roll of eyes). You know that and I know you know that. Now is the time when you should be working out a playoff strategy that is actually viable.

So congratulations, Saipa: it's four games into the season, you've disrespected three great setters, and you're shooting yourselves in the foot for the playoffs. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby PSTN » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:19 pm

I'm pretty sure you made most of those words up.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:30 pm

What are we talking about? Is it sports? I bet it's sports. SPOOOOORTS.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:15 pm

Volleyball, I think.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:25 pm

I just got a letter in the mail saying I haven't paid a bunch of tolls from my commute to my last job (they send the bills in the mail instead of collecting them on the road). I could've sworn I paid them online a while ago, but looking through my bank statements, it seems I didn't, and now I owe a completely ridiculous amount in fines, in addition to the original tolls.

Fuck New York and their tolls by mail.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:12 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:I just got a letter in the mail saying I haven't paid a bunch of tolls from my commute to my last job (they send the bills in the mail instead of collecting them on the road). I could've sworn I paid them online a while ago, but looking through my bank statements, it seems I didn't, and now I owe a completely ridiculous amount in fines, in addition to the original tolls.

Fuck New York and their tolls by mail.

Wait, are they doing away with EZPass?

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

PreviousNext