The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:24 am

So today I realized something I didn't notice yesterday. They didn't give us a CD with her X-ray on it. My Mom went to pick it up, and they told her they didn't give it to us because their machine was broken. Which is fair enough, but they didn't tell us it was broken. If they had told us I could have picked it up later. We NEED the CD in order to follow up with another doctor, which AFC Urgent Care instructed us to do. They even gave us the name of a doctor to see, but they had no plans to tell us to pick up the CD.

I'm definitely going to report them to everyone possible. I think they are poorly funded and probably don't have any slings, but that's no an excuse to give us bad medical advice and say we don't need a sling. There's no excuse for sending us home without the X-rays either.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:31 am

Tesseracts wrote:So today I realized something I didn't notice yesterday. They didn't give us a CD with her X-ray on it. My Mom went to pick it up, and they told her they didn't give it to us because their machine was broken. Which is fair enough, but they didn't tell us it was broken. If they had told us I could have picked it up later. We NEED the CD in order to follow up with another doctor, which AFC Urgent Care instructed us to do. They even gave us the name of a doctor to see, but they had no plans to tell us to pick up the CD.

I'm definitely going to report them to everyone possible. I think they are poorly funded and probably don't have any slings, but that's no an excuse to give us bad medical advice and say we don't need a sling. There's no excuse for sending us home without the X-rays either.

What sort of hospital did you take your sister to? It sounds like something improvised out of a former doctors basement.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Tesseracts » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:48 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:
Tesseracts wrote:So today I realized something I didn't notice yesterday. They didn't give us a CD with her X-ray on it. My Mom went to pick it up, and they told her they didn't give it to us because their machine was broken. Which is fair enough, but they didn't tell us it was broken. If they had told us I could have picked it up later. We NEED the CD in order to follow up with another doctor, which AFC Urgent Care instructed us to do. They even gave us the name of a doctor to see, but they had no plans to tell us to pick up the CD.

What sort of hospital did you take your sister to? It sounds like something improvised out of a former doctors basement.

AFC Urgent Care. It's not a hospital. It's a franchise, like McDonalds but for doctors. However I do not trust them and I'm reporting them now. Next time something happens I will take her to Carewell urgent care which is not much farther away. Or the actual hospital.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:21 pm

My sister went to the real orthopedist today. She said she didn't see any fracture in the X-ray. They did a new X-ray, and still don't see any fracture. So, on top of all the other issues at AFC Urgent Care, they gave us the wrong diagnosis? The orthopedist was giving them the benefit of the doubt, and said they probably just wrote "fracture" to be on the safe side. But the doctor at AFC told us her wrist probably wasn't broken, then after they did an X-ray they said it was broken. So, I fucking assumed they saw something in the X-ray.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Jesus Wtf.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:42 pm

At least she doesn't have a broken wrist. Much as it sucks to be in a cast unnecessarily for half a week, it sucks a lot more to be in one for a month and a half.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Windy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:46 pm

This is what poopsenders was created for

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Apparently there is a line in her soft tissue which could be confused for a fracture. So I guess it might be an understandable mistake?

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:57 am

The sound on my computer seems to have stopped working at some point in the last six hours.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby DoglovingJim » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:12 am

jbobsully11 wrote:The sound on my computer seems to have stopped working at some point in the last six hours.

I had the same issue 2 years ago, don't ask me how to fix it though because I didn't. The damn thing still doesn't have sound.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Absentia » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:59 pm

If it's a desktop it shouldn't be that hard to fix. If it's a laptop, my condolences.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Absentia wrote:If it's a desktop it shouldn't be that hard to fix. If it's a laptop, my condolences.

For lack of a better term, it’s a big tablet-esque thing that no sane person who isn’t a giant would ever try to hold in their lap, definitely not something I would ever consider taking apart.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:49 am

Does it have a USB port? Like a standard one? If so you can buy an external USB DAC/Amplifier that will replace your sound from the tablet. You can try using a micro-usb to micro-usb cable as well but your tablet needs to be OTG for that work.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:02 am

I got an endoscopy today. It revealed a hiatal hernia, and an irregular z-line. That means my stomach is pushed up past my diaphragm, causing acid reflux. After the procedure I started Googling and found out this increases my risk of esophageal cancer, which would give me less than a year to live if I got it.

stomach_diagram.jpg
stomach_diagram.jpg (50.54 KiB) Viewed 5176 times

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:41 am

That sucks {{{Tess}}} but I'm sure having this doesn't necessarily mean you will get cancer :) how much does it increase the risk by? Can one get surgery to remove/reduce it or something?

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

PreviousNext