The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:01 am

I was working outside yesterday and I tripped over some branches, and now I have a big, nasty-looking bruise on the side of one leg. Anyone want to see a picture?

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby cmsellers » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:13 am

jbobsully11 wrote:Anyone want to see a picture?

I thumbed you because that sucks, but no.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Anglerphobe » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Absolutely.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:20 pm

Anglerphobe wrote:

Absolutely.

As requested:
lllladies
bruise_resized.jpg
bruise_resized.jpg (38.88 KiB) Viewed 5175 times

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Eh, I think the one I had on my knee after I fell down the stairs of my flat was a lot more impressive. Never took a picture though.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Australia » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:46 pm

Well, no matter how impressive a bruise is, I wouldn't in a million years expect it to operate a camera, even if it was swollen enough to mold opposable thumbs, so I wouldn't be too hard on it. Because that would just make it more painful.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Ladki96 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:17 am

{{{JBob}}}

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby gisambards » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:56 pm

I now live in London, and I really hate it. I really can't see the appeal of a city this big. I grew up in a village of 2,000, and the biggest city I've lived in as an adult before this for any considerable length of time is York, which had a population of about 200,000 - London is nearly 9,000,000, and that's just too many people.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:32 am

I thought I had off from work tomorrow because my boss said payroll would be processed today, but I just realized that’s probably not true (I have my hours written down at home, but I’m not there right now). I promised my mom I’d be able to go to the bank tomorrow morning to deposit some money I owe her, but I don’t think that will happen unless I can do it online. Fuuuck.

At least my job isn’t terrible.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:32 am

Why the fuck have natural fibers suddenly become unfashionable? I can't stand polyester or nylon in any combination, and only barely tolerate rayon and microfiber mixed with natural fibers because they're the least-bad options.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:08 pm

cmsellers wrote:Why the fuck have natural fibers suddenly become unfashionable? I can't stand polyester or nylon in any combination, and only barely tolerate rayon and microfiber mixed with natural fibers because they're the least-bad options.

Amen.

I believe it's either cost related or everything must be stretchy.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:11 pm

I had a job interview today in the city. It was with the same group as one I had two weeks ago, but on a different floor of the building with (supposedly) a different person from last time.

Naturally, one of the guys from last time was there, and he asked what I knew about a whole lot of irrelevant topics. Even the other interviewer was baffled as to why he cared.

I’m thinking it didn’t go well.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:55 am

jbobsully11 wrote:I had a job interview today in the city. It was with the same group as one I had two weeks ago, but on a different floor of the building with (supposedly) a different person from last time.

Naturally, one of the guys from last time was there, and he asked what I knew about a whole lot of irrelevant topics. Even the other interviewer was baffled as to why he cared.

I’m thinking it didn’t go well.

This makes me think of this scene from the Office where Andy gets interviewed for manager, but Gabe decides to tank him
Start at 0:47

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Pedgerow » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:14 am

Six months before I got my current job, I had an interview with another company based in the same building. We pass each other in the corridors sometimes even now. I did not tell my current employer in the interview that I was a reject from their downstairs rival, but they know now and they seem to be okay with it. I do, however, absolutely go out of my way to avoid speaking to anyone who interviewed me at that company whenever possible, not even to gloat and say, "See? I've been here for two years and not been fired! I would have been an okay employee for you! You missed out! You fools!"

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby NathanLoiselle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:37 am

My wife keeps saying... "Run, Barry, Run". I'm not even called Barry!

EDIT: Who is this Barry?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext