The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby cmsellers » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:12 pm

sunglasses wrote:Everyone is too far from my work. *sigh*

I thought the perks of being a serial killer included working where you want, when you want.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Paradox » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Absentia wrote:Morgantown. Home of too many students and not enough roads.

If you lived close to Charleston, I actually know people who could help you :/

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:37 pm

cmsellers wrote:
sunglasses wrote:Everyone is too far from my work. *sigh*

I thought the perks of being a serial killer included working where you want, when you want.

Maybe in hippy dippy Austin where everyone is cool but in the coldish North you can't always be picky about your victims and where they' you know what I'm saying waay too much.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:13 am

I don't know how it happened but someone changed my password and it took me a whole day to log back on.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Marcuse » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:18 am

DoglovingJim wrote:I don't know how it happened but someone changed my password and it took me a whole day to log back on.

To TCS? Because I can't find a log of any password changes in anything I can see.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby KryingKraken » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:32 am

Fucking love that my dog died in my arms in the early AM and my parents are still going through with hosting a christmas party tonight. I can't wait to cut ties with these people

Don't mind me.
KryingKraken
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: Professional Klutz™

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:02 am

Marcuse wrote:
DoglovingJim wrote:I don't know how it happened but someone changed my password and it took me a whole day to log back on.

To TCS? Because I can't find a log of any password changes in anything I can see.

Yeah to TCS, really? Since my normal password didn't let me get in (I had it written down and I also saved it so that it'd automatically fill it).

Eventually it started saying I had to type :!@*#$ as well to attempt to login (to make sure I wasn't a robot or something) and I spent like an hour just writing my exact password, ugh I felt I was going crazy...

KryingKraken wrote:Fucking love that my dog died in my arms in the early AM and my parents are still going through with hosting a christmas party tonight. I can't wait to cut ties with these people

That's terrible to hear about your dog, how old was he? What type of dog?

But in your parents defense I don't see why they would have to cancel it, you'd have to explain more since I can't really see what they did wrong, what do you think they should have done?

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:58 am

I've been badly depressed for the last few days. Starting to get seriously concerned about my mental health. I'm torn between two choices.

I could go full steam ahead with the existing plan and move to Richmond for my new job. It's a good job and a bird in the hand, and I'd feel like a jerk if I cancelled on them now, particularly since I have an uncle in a senior position there who helped me get the job. This is the rational choice, and it's certainly possible that once I get started it wouldn't seem so bad. On the other hand, I can't stop worrying that this is biting off more than I can chew and if I can't keep my emotions under control things could get really bad.

Door number two is bail on the job and look for another one near my mother in WV. I could live with her for awhile to get readjusted to working and then find my own place nearby. Taking things slow and leaning on my mother where necessary, I'm confident that I'd be able to get myself on track. This is what I think I want to do. But it would be hard to find as good of a job, and I would feel like I failed by giving in instead of facing my fear. Family members would talk. I don't even like Morgantown.

I don't expect anybody to have the answers. It feels like a no-win situation. Or maybe I'm just wildly overreacting and it's time to switch anxiety meds again. (But of course that would cost a fortune in psych appointments so who the hell knows. If I was a WV resident I think I would qualify for the expanded Medicaid, but the GOP bastards in Virginia won't pass it.) All in all it's a shitty time to be expected to have holiday cheer.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:13 am

I don't know you very well Absentia, so ignore this if you want; there's no rules about it. I recommend taking the leap and going to Richmond. It sounds like a good opportunity to spread your adult wings, and it sounds like you have a bit of a safety net in that you can always go back to WV.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Marcuse » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:40 am

Yeah to TCS, really? Since my normal password didn't let me get in (I had it written down and I also saved it so that it'd automatically fill it).

That is strange. What I mean by not seeing anything is that there's nothing in the admin log of any changes to your password recently, which if someone had changed it there would be one. Being as there isn't, it seems like there might either be a glitch we need to know about, or something wacky is going on with your input device.

Eventually it started saying I had to type :!@*#$ as well to attempt to login (to make sure I wasn't a robot or something) and I spent like an hour just writing my exact password, ugh I felt I was going crazy...

Yeah that's a captcha to prevent spammers from making multiple attempts at entering someone's password so they can't just hack it by setting a computer to try all the possible combinations.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:01 am

Marcuse wrote:

That is strange. What I mean by not seeing anything is that there's nothing in the admin log of any changes to your password recently, which if someone had changed it there would be one. Being as there isn't, it seems like there might either be a glitch we need to know about, or something wacky is going on with your input device.

Yeah that's a captcha to prevent spammers from making multiple attempts at entering someone's password so they can't just hack it by setting a computer to try all the possible combinations.

If it helps with the "glitch" theory it started when I tried logging in on my other laptop, and then it carried over to the one where my password was saved when I got back home.

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby KryingKraken » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:51 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:
KryingKraken wrote:Fucking love that my dog died in my arms in the early AM and my parents are still going through with hosting a christmas party tonight. I can't wait to cut ties with these people

That's terrible to hear about your dog, how old was he? What type of dog?

But in your parents defense I don't see why they would have to cancel it, you'd have to explain more since I can't really see what they did wrong, what do you think they should have done?

He was a massive, 100 lb collie and was 11; his health had been failing over the last day or so, and while it was most definitely his time, I just wish they could have at least showed SOME emotion.

I know that some people tend to react to stressful situations like this by emotionally shutting down or just putting on an act that 'everything's okay,' but damn, it really does hurt when you're the only one bawling her eyes out and dealing with the services that follow. I know they're hurting too, but they've already shut me out and refuse to accept my comfort and each other's.

My complaints about the party are less about having guests and other people in our immediate vicinity and more about my mother placing the happiness of our guests above my own; to boot, she invites people who actively bullied me as a child, but she never lets me leave or invite a friend of my own. This, on top of losing my beloved rescue, was just too much to handle in the same day. The history of this party is long and complicated, and I guess I should have specified sooner.

EDIT: Oh Jesus, sorry for the double post instead of editing. I could have sworn I hit edit but TCS and other forum formats don't play nice with my phone.

Don't mind me.
KryingKraken
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: Professional Klutz™

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:23 am

Shoulder hair, just, why does it exist? T-T

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Malfeasinator » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:09 pm

I was checking my email to see if there was anything about mandatory overtime on my day off. I really just want this day off.

I got another message instead, from the temp service, saying I'd been penalized for being absent a full day. Huh.

I know I clocked in 3 minutes late once, and 1 minute late, last night, but I'm pretty sure those don't add up to a full frigging day gone.

So I went to the chat service, which sounded like a chatbot, but is probably some poor foreigner who isn't getting paid enough and is told to stick to the script. He was a helpful fellow, and he found out that I was penalized for not showing up on Christmas, but, shocker, the whole facility was closed that day (for you know, some reason).

He kept calling it "last Dec. 25", like, dude, it was just a couple days ago. You could say "Monday." He also kept saying "Thank you for patiently waiting." and a few other things. I guess he had to, or else.

I'm surprised it was just an absence and not a no-call no show.

Working nights sucks. Working in a warehouse sucks. I don't need this shit on top of it.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:15 pm

I woke up this morning with a sore throat, runny nose, and sinus congestion. If this is anything like almost every other cold I've had, it will last way too long. So this is a good way to start 2018.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

PreviousNext