The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby Absentia » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:08 am

Posting this from my phone because the brand new laptop I spent $900 on in January has eaten shit. It blue-screened on me while I was in a game and now it won't boot up. Tried to do a factory reset and got an error with no explanation.

So now I get to go through the hell that is customer service, and if all goes well I'll win the right to mail them my only working computer and get it back at some point before I die of old age and without any new problems caused by careless technicians or truck drivers. Fuck me.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 pm

I'm going to have to decline the sloppy seconds, seems like you got plowed pretty hard as it is.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:21 pm

I would love to work for the company that couldn’t be bothered to show up to their own phone interview.

I had a phone interview scheduled for about twenty minutes ago. I checked my e-mail to make sure I had the right time, called the number a little early, entered the secret codes for the right conference call, and waited... and waited... and it kicked me off after 15 minutes.

I’m thinking this won’t end well.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby octoberpumpkin » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:52 pm

It's my birthday weekend. We were supposed to celebrate this weekend because of course I have school on my birthday. But I have an awful cold and feel like absolute crap. I feel like something goes wrong every year on my birthday and its just a bummer. I just want a happy birthday. Plus my boyfriend is also sick so we're both just here being miserable. My birthday present isn't even available until the 27th either. I've been so stressed with school, I hate this semester, I wanted a fun weekend and a nice break but instead I am sick and need to balance resting with responsibilities and homework.

To top it off, I've dedicated a lot of my time recently to some friends going through some stuff, which is fine, its what friends do, but when I'm miserable and sick, they're still too self-focused to even try and talk to me about how I'm feeling. One of them is just off in his own little world and the other one is just being so self-involved like "hey I'm really sick and frustrated right now" and he will just respond like "man, I am so tired after work today."

I'm just sick and miserable and I can't deal with things well right now because I'm sick and miserable. Happy birthday to me

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Ladki96 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:34 am

{{{Pumpkin}}} happy birthday <3 I'm sorry to hear that, here's hoping you get well soon

Spoiler: show

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Absentia » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:32 am

I swear to God, there's nothing stupider than caring about college sports. A bunch of 19-21 year old dudes I've never met choke in one game and now I'm going to be miserable about it for months. Years, probably. Fuck everything.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:37 pm

More fun at a different doctors office than the last one I bitched about but it still applies in general. I want to work at one of them so bad I can't stand it. I can outlazy those lazy fuckers.

Them: If you cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice you will be billed for your appointment.

You: Yeah, hi, I had an appointment at 9:10 with the doctor.

Them: Your appointment was cancelled, would you like to reschedule?

You: When was it cancelled?

Them: December.

You: Why and how?

Them: [employee name] is who cancelled it.

You: Any reason why? Shouldn't I have been notified?

Them: It doesn't show a reason. Sorry.

I'm seriously considering bringing them my co-pay in pennies.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:53 pm

iMURDAu wrote:I'm seriously considering bringing them my co-pay in pennies.

Have you tried charging them a fee for not giving you enough notice? (Not that it worked on Seinfeld...)

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby LaoWai » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:13 pm

So, I'm writing this thing that part of which, rhythmically, is based on the first few bars of Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball," not because I'm a huge Miley fan or anything, but just because that's the pace the character happens to talk at. (Don't ask me about how I get into characters, because weird musical connections are usually part of it.)

Originally I was just humming those first few bars over and over to myself as I wrote (always an entertaining sight for locals seeing their first real foreigner in the wild--the crazy guy humming and scribbling in his little notebook). No problems.

Now, I've been trying to type the stuff up, and the only way I can get the right "background" is by playing the actual song. Because I'm limited Internet-wise, though, I've got to put on the video and consistently back-click it. Ergo, I get to see Miley Cyrus at the beginning of the video over and over. That in and of itself is not a big problem. I've got no issues against Miley or any of her videos. She seems like a talented young girl who maybe got talked into some silly stuff for a while, but who wasn't in that position at some point, except those of us who were boys?

No, the problem is that a major image in this chapter is crying hazel eyes--the eyes have to be hazel for reasons. I mean, the crying hazel eyes are really pretty significant later. But in the video, Miley is all weepy blue eyes. I have to keep clicking and re-clicking once the "I came in like..." line comes in, and then I'm, like, "Damn, lost my place, and what's wrong with that chick's eyes?" Her weirdly super-blue eyes keep messing with my hazel-eye-thing, and it just throws me out of character. And, yeah, I have to type in character, because even though everything is written out on note-paper, the muses have cursed me to only type with the correct character dictating--freaking muses!

It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 美国的白痴

Postby JamishT » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:38 am

May I suggest this version for the same-ish rhythm, but no visuals of hazel eyes or tighty-whiteys:

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:25 pm

I spent basically all of yesterday helping my sister and her husband move into their new house, and now I’m all sore.

At least their place looks nice.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:28 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:I spent basically all of yesterday helping my sister and her husband move into their new house, and now I’m all sore.

Because your sister has an SO or because she has a house?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Marcuse » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:43 pm

cmsellers wrote:
jbobsully11 wrote:I spent basically all of yesterday helping my sister and her husband move into their new house, and now I’m all sore.

Probably because lifting heavy things is tiring.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:32 am

Marcuse wrote:
cmsellers wrote:

Probably because lifting heavy things is tiring.

Idk man, idk that seems like sellers might have been joking.

Disclaimer: idk.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:57 pm

cmsellers wrote:

Oh, how vague was that thumbs up when I say you were probably joking? No response to any of it so far. Bra-fucking-vo! I think all the internets were already awarded. Since nobody does that anymore I assume the stock was depleted and nobody is giving them up. So I will just hold up my hand and say "high five" in my best Borat.

I was reading that and it came across as Marcuse explaining a joke, not pointing out that you missed the obvious and I was like holly shite cmsellers murdered that and left the corpse looking alive.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

PreviousNext