The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:57 pm

For the past couple months we've been receiving mail addressed to a mystery person. This person shares our last name apparently. From the research I've done, because it aggravates me to no end to receive more mail for this person than anyone that actually lives here, this person is a high school student in our town.

Our mail carriers are a snarky bunch. Any attempts to write "not at this address" or anything similar get replies like "same last name = same address" or "file change of address!". Well we've done that. For crying out loud we've also filed COA's for my mother and she filed one herself because we've been getting mail addressed to my mother since we moved in our house. Strange how we change our address from the apartment where we weren't getting anyone else's mail and now we get all this random crap.

So I'm filing yet another change of address for this person. Hopefully it sticks.

Today we get another parcel addressed to yet another mystery person who does not share our last name but apparently is using our address. I get one more of those and I'm emailing it in as mail fraud. Which I'm sure does about exactly nuffin.

I almost feel like conspiracy theory guy because it's like we're being pushed to get a PO Box. Which I guarantee would just get flooded with 42 other people's catalogs and bills.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:14 am

iMURDAu wrote:oday we get another parcel addressed to yet another mystery person who does not share our last name but apparently is using our address. I get one more of those and I'm emailing it in as mail fraud. Which I'm sure does about exactly nuffin.

Not if this high school kid is doing it intentionally.

USPIS does not mess around.

cmsellers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Bad Bart of Ruddigore

Postby Twistappel » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:01 pm

I have been sick for approximately the last month. I am very much fed up with being sick. It's not like I've even been sick with the same thing. Different bits of my body just seem to take turns getting bacterial infections, because apparently my immune system hates me now.

On the upside, it turns out that vicodin-based cough syrup is a thing that exists.

You say "New World Order" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby Malfeasinator » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:06 am

I hate moving. I really, really hate moving. This will be the 21st time that I remember, and there will definitely be a #22.

"Here's this custom object, made just for me, by relatives who have passed on that I also loved very much. It is the only one of its kind, and the world will never see its like again. It has been with me for decades, and survived hurricanes and a house fire."

*throws it away to save space*

Are you dreaming?
Are you dreaming?
Malfeasinator
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: You know, just some guy

Postby Twistappel » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:11 am

Malfeasinator wrote:I hate moving. I really, really hate moving.

You have my sympathy. I've seriously considered moving into an RV or one of those tiny-homes-on-wheels for more or less this reason.

You say "New World Order" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby cmsellers » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:03 am

I applied for a job which isn't great, but isn't horrible, is ten minutes from my house, and for which I am way more than qualified. It wanted an Excel assessment, and I thought "great," because every job that's had an assessment I've done great, and it was my hope it would shortlist me to an interview.

But I knew literally none of the twelve functions it tested me on, and I had ninety seconds for each, so I couldn't google it. Eight of them, I could figure out from context what they did. Three of them, I guessed at an answer. One, I ran out of time. I'm pissed because I know how to do way more complicated shit than those other four functions, just not in Excel. And yet, I could figure it out in Excel and quickly, just not always in ninety seconds.

I'm pissed, because this test is designed to select for people who have used the specific things they want to use Excel for for years. And yet, I bet you that within days, I could be doing better than most people who've used Excel with those functions, with the added benefit of I can figure out other stuff they need me to do, in and out of Excel, well beyond those functions.

cmsellers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Bad Bart of Ruddigore

Previous