The rant thread.

Discussion, in general

Re: The rant thread.

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:07 am

No, but they are doing away with toll collectors on their bridges, and these are from before I signed up for EZPass.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Paradox » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:37 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:I just got a letter in the mail saying I haven't paid a bunch of tolls from my commute to my last job (they send the bills in the mail instead of collecting them on the road). I could've sworn I paid them online a while ago, but looking through my bank statements, it seems I didn't, and now I owe a completely ridiculous amount in fines, in addition to the original tolls.

Fuck New York and their tolls by mail.

Call them and make a sob story about how you were so sure you had them paid online. You just found out it didn't go through and are really ashamed! Then ask if there's anythin they can do for you.

Chances are, they waive the fines.

Worst case, they say no and you're back at your original situation.

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby cmsellers » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:57 am

Firefox has a new version called Firefox Quantum which I got because I never disabled automatic updates. However this version has a new framework for extensions and extensions that don't comply with the framework are disabled with no way of re-enabling them. It broke half my extensions including, most importantly, NoScript.

Mozilla in its instructions to downgrade game me a long spiel about how using an old version of Firefox makes you less safe, but I have these extensions to keep sites from doing things I don't want them to do. If you didn't want me to downgrade you should have let me force-enable the extensions you broke.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Paradox » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:32 pm

This is Brazil's national bird:

Spoiler: show

Yeah, a generic bird. What can we do? Not like we have way more interesting birds like…

Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:22 pm

The problem, Toy, is that you have too many interesting birds.

And that's just off the top of my head.

It's very clear that whoever was in charge of picking the national bird got overwhelmed, pointed to the first bird they say and said "Uh, aquele."

Consider yourself lucky you didn't end up with this guy as your national bird.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:39 pm

If I want to legally own and drive a car there are many things I have to do first. I must prove my ability to drive and can be barred from legally driving if I cannot pass a written and road test. I must also carry insurance on the vehicle at all times or else I can be barred from legally driving. If I have 5 or more cars titled in my name sitting in my driveway the state will consider me to be a dealer of cars and I must acquire the proper licenses and whatnot or risk prosecution.

If I want to legally own and shoot 5 guns I just need to go to WalMart, prove my age with ID, and go through the waiting period. And depending on what state I'm in I could drive through a place that sells alcohol immediately thereafter.

Fuck 2nd amendment love lust. Any "militia" is fucked. All a good soldier has to do is aim a laser pointer at your house and watch death come raining in from the sky. And yes I know there are bad people with guns, there are also plenty of unlicensed drivers too.

But doesn't it make you feel a bit safer on the road knowing that if someone is stopped that they'll have to be holding a license or they'll be taken off the road? If I'm around 20 people carrying firearms I can't assume any of them actually know how to even load the things let alone aim and hit something. Sure some may have taken a concealed carry class but are those anywhere similar from state to state? I ask because I don't know. But I should know, it should be common the fuck knowledge by now since every American adult has the right to own them.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby sunglasses » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:15 am

Holy fucking shit.

With all the news my mother has been randomly texting I love you to me constantly. If you don't get back to her and text her back I love you she freaks the hell out.

We never used to say I love you to each other all the time and I find this insistence on saying it odd. I do love my mother but I dislike being compelled to say things.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:33 am

sunglasses wrote:Holy fucking shit.

With all the news my mother has been randomly texting I love you to me constantly. If you don't get back to her and text her back I love you she freaks the hell out.

We never used to say I love you to each other all the time and I find this insistence on saying it odd. I do love my mother but I dislike being compelled to say things.

You should text back "good to know," or just "wtf."

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:50 am

jbobsully11 wrote:

You should text back "good to know," or just "wtf."

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:53 am

I also like "I love me too".

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby JamishT » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:11 am

cmsellers wrote:Firefox has a new version called Firefox Quantum which I got because I never disabled automatic updates. However this version has a new framework for extensions and extensions that don't comply with the framework are disabled with no way of re-enabling them. It broke half my extensions including, most importantly, NoScript.

Mozilla in its instructions to downgrade game me a long spiel about how using an old version of Firefox makes you less safe, but I have these extensions to keep sites from doing things I don't want them to do. If you didn't want me to downgrade you should have let me force-enable the extensions you broke.

The only extension it ruined for me was one that did screen splitting so I could have two tabs visible at once in one window. I can do the whole make-two-windows thing, but that's no fun.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby cmsellers » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:20 am

jbobsully11 wrote:You should text back "good to know," or just "wtf."

"Are you Ms. Glasses' next of kin?"

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:17 am

cmsellers wrote:
jbobsully11 wrote:You should text back "good to know," or just "wtf."

"Are you Ms. Glasses' next of kin?"

Or just “tl;dr.”

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Paradox » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:39 pm

cmsellers wrote:The problem, Toy, is that you have too many interesting birds.

And that's just off the top of my head.

It's very clear that whoever was in charge of picking the national bird got overwhelmed, pointed to the first bird they say and said "Uh, aquele."

I guess generic bird stood out exactly for being generic.

cmsellers wrote:Consider yourself lucky you didn't end up with this guy as your national bird

Eeeeeek.

That's the national pest.

Set a bot to send preselected messages like "I love you, mom", "I'm doing fine, thanks", "love you too" on an interval of time (say, 15 minutes).

Alternatively, you can hire a Chinese to do it for you.

Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:30 pm

I need to stop talking to my friends about their adventures with online dating because it is just a shit-show of listening to normally reasonably-intelligent women make never-endingly stupid decisions.

"This person has not met up with me in the past several months, does not text me for long stretches of time, and insists they are too busy to meet. I'm going to react to this situation by texting them ten more times in a 24 hour span."

"I found out he has another girlfriend in another part of the country and he was trying to juggle us both at the same time, but I think he's really decided to change because he bought me a plushie and cleaned out his car. No, he has not dumped the other girl, but he says it's very confusing right now."

"I literally travelled from Florida to New York to fuck a guy, but did not ask the guy ahead of time if he wanted to meet up. He has not met up with me."

Current situation:

Coworker friend used to see a guy who would flake on all of their plans for months on end, and when they did meet up, it was really just for sex. Which would be fine if she was just in it for the sex. She is not. She really thinks there's something there in terms of a potential long-term relationship. And after not hearing from this guy for like six months, he suddenly wants to meet up again this weekend, and I said something like he might 1) flake, or 2) just want to hook up.

Her (actual quote she said): "Well, I choose to believe in the good in people."

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

PreviousNext