Let's lose weight together!

Discussion, in general

Re: Let's lose weight together!

Postby Paradox » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:45 pm

sunglasses wrote:
Toy wrote:I officially weigh 122 lbs, clothed. When I arrived, I weighed 123 lbs, unclothed.

No, you can't set the scale in the gym to metrics. I tried, but I was told it's "inappropriate". Blah blah blah. Anyway, both are about 55 kg.

Anyway, from my group, I was the only one who didn't gain weight, let alone lose it.

FYI, I think your weight is perfect.

Meanwhile, the back is better. Somedays. Unless I move. Or exist. I've been attempting to remotely follow a meal plan with ...some success. I've maintaining weight while I'm not working out-which i'll take. As long as I'm not gaining weight.

To be fair, I didn't even want to lose weight. I was trying to gain some muscle definition.

Since I visibly got more muscle now, though, I'd say it still worked anyway.

cmsellers wrote:
Toy wrote:Why do people lean on the cardio machines??

You burn calories by moving your body! If you lean, not only half your body isn't moving, you don't even burn calories to keep it upright!!

You answered your own question. How many people do you think are in the gym not for their own health but because they need to be seen working out? In high school, I got to do an independent study instead of gym, so I did a lot of leaning on treadmills/stairmasters while doing the bare minimum and reading a book.

Well, you were being forced to exercise, so whatever, makes sense to do the minimum you can get away with.

However, I see people paying for a membership, waking up before 6 am, and taking the time, then go and lean on the machines.

You don't need to work that hard just for a facebook selfie!

Then they see they burned 200 calories, and reward themselves with a venti frappuccino with extra cream. In reality they burned a fraction of it.

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby Piter Lauchy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:24 am

IamNotCreepy wrote:My wife is tired and always wants to eat, so I also become a couch potato and eat a lot with her.

That sounds like a perfect marriage.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby cmsellers » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Piter Lauchy wrote:That sounds like a perfect marriage.

No, this is a perfect marriage.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby reallifegirl » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:37 pm

So I've started working out regularly again and I'm feeling really good about it. Admittedly, my motivations are maybe a tad shallow:

1) I want to be more fit when I go on vacation with my family in September because I know a ton of photos will be taken

2) I want to look better for any cosplays I do for New York Comic Con in October

Hey, at least it's working as motivation.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 pm

I uh...I didn't talk much about this, but I did go through a string of injuries last year. Just when I was getting ready to bulk, I had a deep-tissue sprain in my ankle, then had a week where I could barely walk because I threw out my back. So I hobbled through those injuries and ended up gaining weight as planned, just not how I wanted. Now I'm finding it more difficult to burn it off.

Still go to the gym regularly, and I'm still running 5-6 miles at my best, but I need to be more consistent and I need to *shudder* actually eat somewhat clean. 3-4 workouts a week and two runs a week. I'm sitting a 5'8", 200 lbs right now, so here's to hoping I cut down to a lean 185-190 without losing too much.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:58 pm

So after several months of laziness and sympathy weight (see my previous post) I'm back on the wagon.

Usually, once I start working out again (I use a treadmill) after and extended period my body starts all over getting acclimated to things, but this time it picked back up with very little adjustment.

Now I just need to make sure I don't get sick or injured, because those are the things that tend to lead to me stopping my workout routine.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Sparrow » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:17 pm

I lost about 20 lbs (and gained 10 back...) at NTC this month, putting me at 145. This is the lowest I have been since my junior year of high school and does include more muscle tone than before I left. I can't wait to gain it back through poor dietary discipline!

"The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. To love another person is to see the face of God." - Victor Hugo

There was Sparrow the literati,
Who was really quite a hottie.
He left us beguiled,
Whenever he smiled,
And was only a little bit naughty
Sparrow
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Bane of Mice

Postby sunglasses » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:50 pm

Sparrow wrote: I can't wait to gain it back through poor dietary discipline!

#SquadGoals

I've gained about 3 lbs since I stopped working out thanks to my body hating me everytime I moved. So, it could be worse. My back feels less and less like a damaged slinky so I'm getting closer to being able to work out routinely again.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby D-LOGAN » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:06 pm

reallifegirl wrote:So I've started working out regularly again and I'm feeling really good about it. Admittedly, my motivations are maybe a tad shallow:

1) I want to be more fit when I go on vacation with my family in September because I know a ton of photos will be taken

2) I want to look better for any cosplays I do for New York Comic Con in October

Hey, at least it's working as motivation.

Wanting to look good is the BEST reason one could have for looking good.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby octoberpumpkin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:00 pm

I have cut my calories in half from what I used to eat and started going to the gym 4x a week to do an hour of biking on the fat burn setting which says it burns about 200 cals.

It's been a bit over a week and I'm slightly miserable but I haven't messed up yet. I allow myself small treats but, well, basically I have to sacrifice for it. I even turned down pie when it was offered to me three times

If this doesn't work I don't know what will :(

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:35 pm

The bathroom scale I have (which may be accurate but I keep forgetting to check) says I've gone from 230 pounds two months ago to about 220 now.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby reallifegirl » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:59 am

I have hit the weird and unexpected, yet delightful weight loss goal of "I can shove both of my entire forearms down the front of my pants legs and my jeans will still fit."

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby Paradox » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:33 am

I'm losing weight I didn't intend or want to lose. I guess I'll have to go back to tracking my calories, but to make sure I'm having enough, rather than too much.

*puts a pillow on the wooden seat because my natural padding is going away*

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby octoberpumpkin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:53 am

I lost 4 lbs in 9 days yay! I think that's good?

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:37 pm

I pretty much broke my back somehow (only plausible reason is as a result of lifting one of my old dogs up in the car since she isn't strong enough to jump anymore), and the day after most movements since has produced blinding pain so I've pretty much been inactive for three days.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

PreviousNext