Let's lose weight together!

Discussion, in general

Re: Let's lose weight together!

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:46 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:I pretty much broke my back somehow (only plausible reason is as a result of lifting one of my old dogs up in the car since she isn't strong enough to jump anymore), and the day after most movements since has produced blinding pain so I've pretty much been inactive for three days.

Here.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby octoberpumpkin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:18 pm

There are pringles and cookies at work. I am being tested today

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Anglerphobe » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Not really weight related, but fitness-y enough that I think it's worth including here. I've been getting back into "proper" cycling. Apart from some fairly sedate bike rides with co-workers and people, I haven't been cycling much at all this year.
Returning to serious energetic stuff has been predictably hard going so far. I really enjoy myself, though, out there in this often amazingly beautiful part of the world. My girlfriend, an avid cyclist who weighs some 45kg less than me and rides bikes that don't go anywhere in the gym (such is her passion for the sport) seems to delight in blithely cruising along beside me as I struggle with Yorkshire's hills.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby octoberpumpkin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:27 am

I am so confused

The bicycle machine at the gym, I put it on weight loss setting which burns more cals than the hill one the bf uses supposedly and it says I burn 200 cals in an hour. But all of the calorie stuff I check seems to say that even at a leisurely pace I should be burning at least double that? Especially since I weigh a lot?

I'm very confused about this

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby CommanderRidley » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:54 pm

I am down 10 lbs in about five and a half weeks. I'm currently the lightest I've been in over a year. Hurray!

CommanderRidley
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: Commander

Postby octoberpumpkin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:42 am

I feel like I'm taking over this thread eheheh :oops:

New plan is cardio 4x a week and strength training twice a week. I have apps and the whole shedealio.

Today was awful but in a good way. I did weights and really pushed myself, I went up to level 2 on the fat burn bicycle setting for a half an hour (you wouldn't think one level would make that huge of a difference but YOU WOULD BE WRONG) and then I did elliptical.

I am sweaty and gross and sore and exhausted but I am glad I did it and I hope to continue making progress. I am consistently a few hundred calories under my max amount allowed, and even today when I pigged out a little bit, I burned it off and ended up 100 calories under the limit for losing 1.5 lbs a week. For my weight and size and all that I'm allowed up to 1800 cals a day to lose weight and I eat about 1100-1400 on average now. This is a HUGE change for me because I used to eat like 2200-2400 a day

I also just feel a bit more in control and like food doesn't control my life anymore. I'm always kind of hungry but I've learned to recognize when I'm full. I tend to get hungrier right after I eat and it leads to binging but I can now usually recognize the signs of when my body has had enough even if I feel like I want more. It just feels nice to be a bit more in control of my eating habits and it leads to much less guilty eating

I'd better lose weight tho :x

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:19 am

I'm happy for you, pumpkin and ridley

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:31 pm

I could be rid of about 485 lbs. right now if we could just ban cmsellers from the site already.

Hate Week intrudes on perfectly normal threads

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby reallifegirl » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:14 pm

I am in a weird situation where I know I must have lost fat because my clothes are looser/I'm down a belt notch but I've only lost like three pounds.

I know this has to be either muscle mass building up or water being held in my muscles (which happens when you do weights machines, which is what I've been doing) but it's kind of annoying not to have a reliable marker of how I'm doing.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby IamNotCreepy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:30 pm

reallifegirl wrote:I am in a weird situation where I know I must have lost fat because my clothes are looser/I'm down a belt notch but I've only lost like three pounds.

I know this has to be either muscle mass building up or water being held in my muscles (which happens when you do weights machines, which is what I've been doing) but it's kind of annoying not to have a reliable marker of how I'm doing.

Right ... "water".

And I have "big bones".

*cough*

This post brought to you by Hate Week.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby reallifegirl » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:40 pm

IamNotCreepy wrote:
reallifegirl wrote:I am in a weird situation where I know I must have lost fat because my clothes are looser/I'm down a belt notch but I've only lost like three pounds.

Right ... "water".

And I have "big bones".

*cough*

This post brought to you by Hate Week.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby octoberpumpkin » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:41 am

7 lbs down yay

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Anglerphobe » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:26 pm

Cycling update:

Went on one that she described as "a bit taxing" this weekend. I think at one point I may have briefly died, or perhaps travelled through time. I had to make use of my drunken pass-out nook for the first time in a while because the stairs were very much out of the question.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby octoberpumpkin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:49 am

Had a bad day today diet wise :/

Also worried that if by some miracle I lose the weight that Ill have a bunch of loose skin :(

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:43 am

octoberpumpkin wrote:Had a bad day today diet wise :/

Also worried that if by some miracle I lose the weight that Ill have a bunch of loose skin :(

How old are you? Since if you're young enough your skin hopefully would still be somewhat elastic and you wouldn't end up having too much loose skin.

Like this guy

And don't sweat it about the "bad day" diet wise, there's no such thing. You have been training and you'll push yourself a little bit more next time and make up for it. From the sounds of it you are quickly getting closer to your peak physical fitness, so keep that in mind that you'll never let yourself fall back into the level you were before you started and so the occasional feast isn't too bad (I'm the sort of guy to never change my diet, I just trained more to make up for it, to earn it).

You're doing good, and I'm happy for you ("hijacking" this thread means you must have certainly been putting a lot of effort therefore I'm proud of you).

EDIT:
My back is fixed and I've started training again (once a week full boxing time, another day I do swimming, and then every other day I do my daily routine of body-weight exercises at home), and I've been teaching boxer-dog lady and a young Vietnamese kid on how to fight (with my usual emphasis on the importance of counter punching).

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

PreviousNext