Let's lose weight together!

Discussion, in general

Re: Let's lose weight together!

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:07 am

Well I've been doing well on the less junk food front lately. It's almost the end of term and I sort of forgot to run down my non-perishable food supplies. So now I have a cupboard full of proper food (that you actually need to cook, and then wash up the pans, urgh) It's more than I will eat anyway so buying any junk food would be really wasteful. I call it the skinflint diet.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Robert » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:19 am

I'm in my 8th week of working out regularly. My progress so far:
Weight (lbs): from 192 to 178,
Waist: 35" to 33".
Just two more inches and I will/would be content. If I had a nickel for everytime I said that...

Robert
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Congrats Robert!

Found a tape measure finally. Waist: 28 inches Chest: 35.5 inches Hips: 40 inches. Weight today 137. And I can fit into a pair of jeans that've been a bit tight the last few months. Happy!

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby revereche » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:18 pm

I don't currently own a scale, but my goal was to get back to where I could go for walks without feeling my thighs touching at all. The area of contact has already significantly shrunk, so hurray!

ハヒフヘホ~
revereche
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:38 am

revereche wrote:I don't currently own a scale, but my goal was to get back to where I could go for walks without feeling my thighs touching at all. The area of contact has already significantly shrunk, so hurray!

Congrats to you. That is a great way of measuring progress as well.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:38 pm

I've been going to the gym 2-3 times a week for the last 3 weeks and I've been feeling good about it. I haven't actually weighed myself in ages, but the current goal is drop down at least one clothing size. Currently, my clothes are in a weird state of being a little too big for me, but the next size down is still too small.

On a somewhat related note: thanks to the TV screens on the wall of Planet Fitness, I am suddenly very invested in The Big Bang Theory rerun marathons on TBS.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:10 am

Definately having trouble today. Was too sleepy to work out when I woke up before work but I did walk the dogs before I went to bed. So...I guess that's something. I did do some squats and stuff on break at work. One of my coworkers brought in veggie pizza which is what they call some horribly unhealthy crust with cream cheese, cheese, and veggies sprinkled on top. I couldn't help myself and ate some of that. Definately not following my diet well today at all.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Glassjaw Girl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:18 am

My problem spot has always been my arms. It doesn't tone as quickly as the rest of my body. I do tricep dips and tricep kickbacks a lot and I've noticed a lot of improvement.

For the ladies who have the same problem as me or may just want to get stronger and toned arms, check David Kirsch's 7 Arm Exercises for Immediate Results. It helps me a lot and I hope it works well for you too!

Glassjaw Girl
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Communications Commander

Postby Australia » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:35 am

Well, I've gained 20 kilos. I hope collectively you've lost that much or it's all for nought.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby sunglasses » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Australia wrote:Well, I've gained 20 kilos. I hope collectively you've lost that much or it's all for nought.

Australia, I appreciate your gumption but, uh, 1. If I lose 40 lbs I'm going to look rather sickly and 2. It's a rather slow process to lose weight. But I'm still working on it!

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:56 pm

I wanted to share a few free workouts I have found.

One is Hasfit: http://hasfit.com/

And the other is Fitness Blender: http://www.fitnessblender.com/

I've only done one of each but they seem pretty easy to follow, the audio is good, and they actually know what they are doing. The Hasfit ones overall seem a little more intense, but worth it. Although I did slightly injure my tricep in my right arm just now. I didn't hyperextend, just overworked the poor guy.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:29 pm

I feel like I've turned this into my own personal blog. :P Anyhoo-I haven't officially lost any weight per se but I am staying at a steady 137. I can see more definition in my calves and thighs just from the few workouts I've done. I've been trying to follow a diet, but haven't been the uber best at it. I know I need to eat more fruits and veg but sometimes....I just stare at them like they are an evil object. Other times, I love them. I can't quite explain it. I am super duper sore from yesterday's kickboxing workout but mostly in my shoulders and arms. I def worked out my deltoids, ouch. The first week I wasn't working out a super lot and I've really been trying to work out more this week. So far, so good.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby LaChaise » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:36 pm

I lost 4kg in the last month. That wasn't intended though. I liked my steady 63kg that didn't ever change, no matter what I did. Now that I get back to eating more (2-3 meals a day instead of one or none), I lose more weight than in the last 6 years.
Well fuck, I understand my body even less now.

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:02 pm

LaChaise wrote:I lost 4kg in the last month. That wasn't intended though. I liked my steady 63kg that didn't ever change, no matter what I did. Now that I get back to eating more (2-3 meals a day instead of one or none), I lose more weight than in the last 6 years.
Well fuck, I understand my body even less now.

I can actually explain that. If you only eat one meal a day, your body goes into a kinda 'starvation mode' and it holds onto the calories more by lowering your metabolism.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby LaChaise » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Thanks for the explanation.

Wouldn't that mean that I should gain weight now though? I still don't do anything but staying in bed most of the time, I just eat more than before.

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

PreviousNext