Let's lose weight together!

Discussion, in general

Re: Let's lose weight together!

Postby Peryite » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:32 pm

This is going a little slow for me, because I was busy having to study for finals. I didn't have time to run or anything. I only lost a pound from my base weight since I last posted, but at least I didn't gain, so that's good. Now that finals are over I can get back to exercising properly.

Fruits and vegetables...I usually stick to apples, carrots, and mini peppers. Where I live the mini peppers come in a bag so they're easy to eat as snacks. Lettuce is a little time consuming with the sorting and washing, so I don't eat actual salads very often, just add vegetables to things I eat. It seems counterproductive to add extra food, but I read that adding vegetables keeps you full longer, so you snack less. It seems to work.

Peryite
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Post-Modernist

Postby sunglasses » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:19 am

Still no budging on the scale BUT my one pair of scrubs that had been very tight in the thighs now have give. I call that a win.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Glassjaw Girl » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:02 am

I had a bad cold/cough/flu thing for more than a week so I wasn't able to go running, and I didn't have much of an appetite that time so now I see that I've lost two more pounds but gained a bit of flab around the middle. Off to the oval track! And maybe some chicken afterwards.

Glassjaw Girl
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Communications Commander

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:50 am

Still stuck in a rut a bit. I really haven't been sticking well to a diet/meal plan and my food cravings have been rough lately. Was driving to work and thinking of friend chicken. I haven't had friend chicken in years! It doesn't help that people at work have been bringing food in like crazy. Chips, cupcakes, etc. Had a really good workout yesterday but was dragging ass too much to work out today. If I'm able to wake up a bit I might walk around the building on break. Did bring some healthier food to eat later tonight-though I did get off to a bad start. Woke up too late to make a nice dinner that I had planned-jerk chicken with rice and beans so I had a cheese sandwich and was still really hungry and had a hamburger an hour later with a small fry. I brought oatmeal and an apple as well as spinach/artichoke pasta by Kashi. Trying to space the meals out but seriously I am a tired hungry beast tonight. I either want to eat or sleep. Been drinking plenty of water. And coffee....oh the coffee. I did have my humira (finally) yesterday so I wonder if that's making me feel a little run down. It has before. Anyhoo, good luck to everyone who's trying to stay on track! I'm still noticing an increase in muscle definition in my shoulders and calves and that's making me happy.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Peryite » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:35 am

It gets difficult to avoid things like icecream, soda, and slushies at this time of year. It feels like all the sugary stuff is out in force right now.

I found some good alternatives to ice cream pops and popsicles though. I have ice pop molds, so instead of icecream, I've been making pudding and jello pops. This might not seem especially healthy (even less considering the chocolate pudding joke earlier this thread) but it's better than icecream, and great if you want something sweet. I've also tried making fruit pops with pieces of fruit cut up and frozen together with juice. They're really delicious.

As for exercise, I was going really well until a couple of days ago when a rain spell came in. All the running trails nearby have moss on them, and they're crazy slippery when they're even a little damp. The weather's supposed to clear up by Wednesday though.

Peryite
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:40 am

I used to love me some pudding pops. I've been having an issue with working out. Eh, but I always do. I had the can't get off my ass itis this past week.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:51 am

There are thunderstorms a brewing in my town. Like literally. There was a tornado siren earlier. So since it's been more humid than Vulcan's ballsack, my asthma has been acting up. Lots of trying to relax and breathe, very little let's get the heartrate up and workout. Somehow though, I've lost a pound. WOOOOHOOOO. I am now 136 lbs. I'll take it. Each day is a new day to (fuck up) I mean, try again.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Peryite » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:58 am

There has been one thunderstorm and many bouts of torrential rain over the past few days where I am. Back when I posted it was supposed to clear up on Wednesday? It never did, so I only got to run once this week, and it rained practically as soon as I got back to the car. It's supposed to get into a heatwave for the next week, starting tomorrow. It better. I have plans to take the bus down to a wetland park tomorrow. *shakes fist at sky*

Peryite
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Down to 132, oh yeah!

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:17 am

Mom has noticed that I've lost weight. Things have been going rather slow but truthfully, I'm more focused on working out more, etc than actually numbers on the scale, etc. Also, I now have actual muscles. Woooo.

Attachments
TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:17 pm

I recently learned I have metabolic syndrome. That means I don't have diabetes or anything but if my health doesn't improve I will likely develop it in a few years.

I've been counting my calories and exercising but I have not actually lost weight. I lost weight before I went to Disney World but going to Disney World is NOT good for your diet, so I gained it back. I'm posting here because I hate it when I announce I'm going to do something and I don't do it, I'm hoping this will motivate me to actually lose weight.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby sunglasses » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Tesseracts wrote:I recently learned I have metabolic syndrome. That means I don't have diabetes or anything but if my health doesn't improve I will likely develop it in a few years.

I've been counting my calories and exercising but I have not actually lost weight. I lost weight before I went to Disney World but going to Disney World is NOT good for your diet, so I gained it back. I'm posting here because I hate it when I announce I'm going to do something and I don't do it, I'm hoping this will motivate me to actually lose weight.

Yeah, I never actually lost any weight...but I also had to stop working out back in October since my joints went belly up. I've been working out but not dieting because I am lazy.

Meanwhile~ don't just go by weight, Tesseracts. Take measurements for yourself now. Measure your bust, waist, hips, etc. If it doesn't look like the scale is moving much but you've been consistent-remeasure. Sometimes the scale hasn't really budged but you may have lost 1/2 an inch from your waist. Other measurements to consider: How quick does it take you to walk a mile? Time this again in a few weeks...All these little achievements can help motivate.

And yes, Disney World is amazingly bad for your diet.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby JamesT » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:32 am

At the end of January I noticed something extremely embarrassing to me: I had stretch marks. Now I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise since 2013 saw me kind of give up this whole "watch what you eat" thing and I was taking in food like there was no tomorrow, and holidays didn't help much. Still, I had only heard of pregnant women getting them (which I now know is inaccurate) so the whole prospect really made me reconsider my lifestyle.

So, I'm losing weight now. I have about a cup of cereal in the morning instead of two bowls and keeping to 3 meals a day instead of having an extra helping at 9 PM. I'm also trying to walk more. At least once a week I go out and walk for 20-40 minutes.

Unfortunately, birthdays happen. And cheesecake happens.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:39 am

Don't fret too much. I have stretch marks on my hips and boobs from when puberty suddenly hit and I got hippage and boobage. Mr Orange has stretchmarks on his back from when he suddenly shot up from being kid-sized to being person-sized.

I'm bang alonsgside your quest to lose weight, and in fact I'm jogging (and panting pathetically) alongside you.

All I'm saying is don't get messed up about stretch marks.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby Kate » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:20 pm

I got stretchmarks right around my 22nd birthday. I didn't actually weigh that much, either, but the sheer ability to eat after food being pretty scarce for about a year there kind of led to me putting on a lot very quickly. I've since found that a lot of people who have never been pregnant, including a lot of men (most of whom haven't been pregnant), have stretchmarks and I feel a lot better about them. Especially now that I genuinely can stand to lose weight. I'd always rather be too fat than too thin, but I'm right here with you trying to get back to some happy medium.

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

PreviousNext