Things that are things.

Discussion, in general

Re: Things that are things.

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:57 am

It snowed in Austin! First time in eight years, I'm told.

Maybe this should be in "things that are good," but it'll be gone by tomorrow I'm sure.

Also, I started writing a country song called "A Snowball's Chance in H-ouston" in my head.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:33 am

I just saw an ad on Youtube for a Spongebob musical. I find that absurd, but I guess not really inexplicable, so I'm mentioning it here.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Delta Jim » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 pm

Today I had to drop off a paper at school. As I was going in I saw a flier for a performance of Anton Chekhov's works.

I feel like this unimportant flier will have some significance later.

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:39 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:I just saw an ad on Youtube for a Spongebob musical. I find that absurd, but I guess not really inexplicable, so I'm mentioning it here.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby Cordslash » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:26 pm

Had a flat tyre on the way home from work. No problem right? Just get out the wheel spanner and jack and change it.
Only I vacuumed the car on Sunday, removed those items and forgot to put them back.

So now I'm on the side of the road and in a quandary. Do I call the Automobile Association? I'm a member after all and they'll sort this out quickly.
Buuuuut, I'm an able bodied male and would die of shame to call them for a flat bloody tyre.

So brother gets called instead and drives all the way to my location bringing his wheel spanner and jack. Which I then use to change my own damn tyre thank you very much. In the pouring rain.

Is it stupid? Of course. Counter efficient? Definitely.

Damn male ego has a lot to answer for.

*The artist formerly known as CmdrVimes*

Hancock, John.
Cordslash
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Blackboard Monitor

Postby Grimstone » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:15 am

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby Grimstone » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:24 am

Spoiler: show

These dragon journals look awesome, unfortunately I don't see any listed for sale on the person's etsy page but perhaps they can be custom ordered.

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:41 am

Well duhhh, we were supposed to have one in 1999.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby JamishT » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:42 am

Tonight on my way home, what I'm pretty sure was a grey fox (it was definitely a fox though) ran across the road in front my car. He wasn't in any danger from getting hit, so all in all, it was pretty neat.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby cmsellers » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:45 am

JamishT wrote:Tonight on my way home, what I'm pretty sure was a grey fox (it was definitely a fox though) ran across the road in front my car. He wasn't in any danger from getting hit, so all in all, it was pretty neat.

Are you sure it wasn't a silver fox?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Marcuse » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:21 pm

JamishT wrote:Tonight on my way home, what I'm pretty sure was a grey fox (it was definitely a fox though) ran across the road in front my car. He wasn't in any danger from getting hit, so all in all, it was pretty neat.

IT WAS TOTALLY A GREY FOX

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Grey or silver, all I know is that the fox is a member of the dog family.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:19 pm

A family friend who's also an engineer has been insisting that I should have gotten a certificate in the mail when I passed that one test in April of last year without having to fill out any extra paperwork, even though everyone I've been speaking to from the relevant council has said otherwise. He finally called them himself, and was told that there was one sent out in my name to the wrong address, in a town where I've never lived.

I called them today and found out that, while there was a certificate sent out to that address (among others throughout the state), it's because a different person with my name lives there that filled out the paperwork that I knew existed all along. So naturally, I'll have to just use my middle initial when I get enough experience to apply for the next license fight that guy to the death and steal his house and identity.

I'm half-expecting to hear the phrase "fake news" upon informing them of this development.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:05 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:A family friend who's also an engineer has been insisting that I should have gotten a certificate in the mail when I passed that one test in April of last year without having to fill out any extra paperwork, even though everyone I've been speaking to from the relevant council has said otherwise. He finally called them himself, and was told that there was one sent out in my name to the wrong address, in a town where I've never lived.

I called them today and found out that, while there was a certificate sent out to that address (among others throughout the state), it's because a different person with my name lives there that filled out the paperwork that I knew existed all along. So naturally, I'll have to just use my middle initial when I get enough experience to apply for the next license fight that guy to the death and steal his house and identity.

I'm half-expecting to hear the phrase "fake news" upon informing them of this development.

*hears the Star Trek : Original Series battle music start to play*

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext