Things that are things.

Discussion, in general

Re: Things that are things.

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:01 pm

There's a mouse in my house! It's in one room thankfully but still. We're wondering how it even got in. And upstairs. Past the cat.... oh I owe her cheese still, shit.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:10 pm

Someone vandalized a bunch of large political signs for Democratic candidates with "BOYCOTT" and the hammer and sickle in the antifa colors. As I drove past, it appeared the owner of the lot was taking them down.

I see three possibilities and I'm not sure which one it is, but in order of most to least likely...

1. It was antifa or some other far-left group complaining that Democrats are too corporate.
  2. It was a conservative calling these Democrats communists. I'd rank this first if Austin weren't such a liberal stronghold.
  3. I don't want to say "false flag," but the antifa symbol is three arrows or two flags, not a hammer and sickle...

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:00 pm

A glue trap that had some food on it is now gone. I don't want to spend all morning looking for it so I've got a task for after work today!

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Australia » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:30 pm

I went to a Melbourne Cup event yesterday and there was a horse in one of the races called Hank Scorpio. Given my personality is 50% Simpsons references, I figured it was a sign and put the remainder of my money on it. It was second for the majority of the race but by the end... it came dead last. Oh, well. Live and learn.

Oh, and interesting sidenote for JAmishT only, I hit traffic on the way back not only because of the races but because of the Taylor Swift concert at the Gabba.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Anglerphobe » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:00 pm

The contrasting imagery on the front page of today's Daily Mirror (a particularly awful British tabloid) made me laugh.

Useful notes: "Strictly" is the British version of Dancing With the Stars, and yes that is the guy from Red Dwarf. The line of poetry is from For the Fallen by Laurence Binyon.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby Ladki96 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:16 pm

I've never heard of BBC being referred to as Beeb before this xd that's a cute nickname! I'm also pretty sure the abbreviation would have taken up the same amount of space and not be as confusing but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Ladki96 wrote:I've never heard of BBC being referred to as Beeb before this xd that's a cute nickname! I'm also pretty sure the abbreviation would have taken up the same amount of space and not be as confusing but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have, but when I see it, I can’t help but think of a certain Canadian pop singer who’s still active, apparently.

For those of you who forgot he exists, you’re welcome.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:11 pm

I got my new phone finally. It's an Essential and it's really nice.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Anglerphobe » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:29 pm

I'm just learning about the music career of former kickboxer and mixed martial artist Choi Hong Man. Choi fought for years in K1 and Japanese mma promotion Dream FC with a kickboxing record of 12-7 and an mma record of 4-5. He famously beat up Jose Canseco in an mma fight in Japan once.
As it turns out, Choi also had a career in K-Pop, providing rap vocals alongside a singer named Kang Soo Hee in a pairing styled Beauty and the Beast. My absolute inability to understand Korean does not diminish or enhance my enjoyment of this in the slightest.

He even provided his own ring walk song (sort of) with the following hilariously apathetic lip sync. My favourite part of this video is the brief shot of Mighty Mo, Choi's opponent, looking bemused.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 am

I had a job interview with the MTA in New York today, but I don’t think it went very well. I knew most of what they said they wanted me to do, but they didn’t seem impressed. One guy said they’d let me know in 2-3 months if I got the job, which I figure means that either it’s government nonsense like he said, or I didn’t get it. Oh, and they couldn’t give me their business cards because reasons. After I left, my phone’s GPS wasn’t working, so it took me much longer to get to the bus than it should have.

I have another interview in two weeks with someone from a different floor of the same building, so hopefully that will go better.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:11 am

Suspecting that the mouse in imurdau's house is up to some shady stuff.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:15 pm

Tide came out with a boxed wine.

Not really. But I just read an article claiming that their new detergent container resembles boxed wine, and I’m sort of inclined to agree.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:47 am

Everyone likes wine and snacks! A little bit of Tide with a Tide Pod? Sounds like a great night to me!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby cmsellers » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:52 am

Not without avocado toast it's not.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:11 pm

When I got my car from the mechanic, I left my credit card there, so I had to go back during rush hour. Going down wasn't too bad. Going back, there was an accident involving a schoolbus which had blocked off one of the lanes I'd just come down. I got unlucky in leaving my credit card just before rush hour, but really lucky with the timing in going to get it. The schoolbus was upright and not visibly damaged, and there were no other non-emergency vehicles, but lots of emergency vehicles. I'm wondering if the driver had a stroke or something.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

PreviousNext