Things that are things.

Discussion, in general

Re: Things that are things.

Postby Krashlia » Mon May 06, 2019 10:40 pm

gisambards wrote:I think you're reading too much into a joke. He went through a phase of talking about her a lot on Twitter that was pretty out of balance to how important she actually is, and she's fairly attractive, so it's an obvious joke that was going to come out of that situation. It's hardly "character assassination", and it seems a bit defensive that you'd try and make it out as a sex thing on the part of the people making the joke.

I admit that its pretty defensive.
I read the thing about the $10,000 wager, and recall the following claims that it was misogynistic. From there I got into defiance mode, and wished to point out (with some amount of verbal abuse) that such wagers were made by several people everywhere online, so it isn't sexist/misogynistic now as its no different from others behavior.

NathanLoiselle wrote:AOC is attractive? Are politicians allowed to be attractive? When did this happen?

I mean, the Clintons (or at least Bill) did have that sex appeal. So did JFK and LBJ. Bush Jr. seems to be a winner in some circles, although his name is kind of suggestive. Trump doesn't count, though, because he wasn't a politician when he was screwing strangers. I'm sure her position on not flaunting the diversity of her team, and being rather internet savvy has stopped a few breaths out there.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Mon May 06, 2019 11:24 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:AOC is attractive? Are politicians allowed to be attractive? When did this happen?

It's your country's fault. Y'all elected Justin Trudeau.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue May 07, 2019 6:12 pm

Hehehe. I got a call from Western Health Advantage and should be getting a letter saying I can start HRT soon.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby cmsellers » Wed May 08, 2019 2:42 am

That sounds like great news, DP. But posting it here suggests you are more ambivalent about it. May I ask why?

This is minor compared to DP's thing, but I got two storm warnings which made my phone ring. I'm not sure if it always does that with storm warnings and I just don't notice because it's on vibrate, or if this storm is especially severe.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed May 08, 2019 4:50 am

Posting it on discord has a bit less impact.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby cmsellers » Wed May 08, 2019 5:10 am

But why didn't you post this in "things that are good"? It's good news, isn't it?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Wed May 08, 2019 5:14 am

I bought the OG Roller Coaster Tycoon at a thrift store for $2, and after some trial and error, I have it running! Now to figure out how to kill guestsmake cool coasters!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby cmsellers » Wed May 08, 2019 12:39 pm

The easiest way is to put the exit elevated and above a pool of water.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Thu May 09, 2019 3:56 am

So, I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn who represented himself as actually working for the company in question. The job is also very relevant to me, except that he contacted me because he thought my profile said I was a Farsi bilingual.

I assumed from the job title they were looking for someone at least conversant in a Middle Eastern language and guessed that he copy-pasted a rote response and forgot to change it. So I responded by telling him that I'm not bilingual in Farsi, I'm conversant in Turkish, but if he still thinks I'd be a fit I'd be interested in seeing the job description.

His response asked me what my Farsi speaking level is, which as Tess said, suggests his reading level in English is close to zero. Still, I figured what the hell, repeated myself, and told him I'm willing to learn Farsi but don't currently speak it. Job would be great if real, and having to learn Farsi is actually a plus in my book, but I'm thinking he's probably an outside recruiter with a fake name (he uses a very English-sounding name) and this won't go anywhere.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Thu May 09, 2019 9:37 pm

The new company installed public wi-fi in my store.

My battery doesn't drain nearly as much because it isn't searching for signal so that's cool.

A lot of apps are blocked because they're considered to be idk either too taxing/expensive if multiple people are sucking heavy bandwidth or they don't want the hired help spending their paid time listening to music or watching videos.

Hilariously you can circumvent this by just using your browser of choice if the app is usable through it. Well. They missed Twitch completely. I get a notification and just for shits n giggles I tap and boom I'm watching in the app. Lunch time is going to be even better and more anti-social which I know is redundant but I like how it sounds.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby iMURDAu » Sat May 11, 2019 1:26 am

There are some migrants that moved nearby recently. Overall they aren't good neighbors. They're noisy for no discernable reason. We have found feces in the street. They have no idea even how to cross the street, often narrowly avoiding being hit. I've got a slight fear that one or more of them might attack my child if he's playing outside alone. We can't wish them away and no wall can stop them. Hopefully they'll move on in a few months if not sooner.

Spoiler: show
We've had an unusually wet year and there are two storm water basins near my house.

They have become occupied by geese.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Sat May 11, 2019 1:52 am

The problem is that we don't have enough hunters. If more people preyed on wild geese, eventually only the ones who gave humans the respect we deserve would survive.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sat May 11, 2019 2:00 am

Ya know what's a thing?

Marshmallows.

Yeah.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sat May 11, 2019 2:43 am

This just showed up in my YouTube feed. I think it was meant for you, MURDA. Either that or Google is logging my keystrokes.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Sat May 11, 2019 2:38 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:Ya know what's a thing?

Marshmallows.

Yeah.

Those used to have medicinal properties... Supposedly.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext