Things that are things.

Discussion, in general

Re: Things that are things.

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:50 am

We’re switching over from oil to gas heat because the furnace we had was laughably old and gas is cheaper. We started yesterday, and the family friend who’s helping us is going to finish tomorrow. It seems someone got... creative... with how some of the pipes were laid out.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:02 am

jbobsully11 wrote:We’re switching over from oil to gas heat because the furnace we had was laughably old and gas is cheaper. We started yesterday, and the family friend who’s helping us is going to finish tomorrow. It seems someone got... creative... with how some of the pipes were laid out.

Picturessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Kivutar » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:26 am

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:49 am

DoglovingJim wrote:
jbobsully11 wrote:We’re switching over from oil to gas heat because the furnace we had was laughably old and gas is cheaper. We started yesterday, and the family friend who’s helping us is going to finish tomorrow. It seems someone got... creative... with how some of the pipes were laid out.

Picturessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

I have pictures, but keep forgetting to post them, and I’m not by my computer right now. The new heater is a lot smaller than the old one (something like 1 cubic meter as opposed to 6).

Three years ago, my mom suddenly noticed that things looked blurry from her right eye. She was found to have a detached vitreous. It got better, but she noticed similar symptoms in her other eye today. She has the same thing again. We just got back from the eye doctor a little while ago.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby JamishT » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:30 am

I have yet to see any "Halloween is evil and trick-or-treating/wearing costumes/any other celebration of it is worshiping the devil" type of posts on my FB. So either my Facebook friends have become less stupid, I've unfriended/unfollowed the right religious nutzoids, or the apocalypse is coming sooner than I thought.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Paradox » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Isn't it about time Ryan Gosling becomes Ryan Goose?

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby sunglasses » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:42 pm

So, I went to sign into Netflix.

I had just used Netflix not too long ago, last weekend actually, to binge watch Stranger Things 2. Everything seemed fine at the time.

But when I went to sign into Netflix today, it told me my email didn't exist. Which was odd. So I signed in with my facebook.

And that's when things got WEIRD.

The language changed to spanish. I had 4 profiles listed plus one that said kids. Knowing enough spanish to recognize that any variation of ayudar meant "help" I was able to get to the help and get to the chat.

So I told Rob from Netflix that when I went to sign it it went to spanish and didn't look like my account. He changed my email back and sent me a password update and reminded me to update everyone with the new password.

I said, "Nah, Rob, you don't get it. I'm the only one who signs in on my Netflix account and I never had any other profiles before."

Then he realized my account had been taken over for some reason. They ordered extra services too. It was really fucking weird.

Anyway, everything is back to normal with my Netflix account and Tom is reminding me that weird shit has been going on with it for a while. Like-movies I didn't remember watching showing up as just watched and stuff like that. So weird.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:23 am

Jeeze, just learn Spanish lazy bones.

It can't be that hard, I mean children in Spain do it. But you'd rather go through all that palava with telephones and speaking? Honestly, some people just want the moon on a stick these days.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby Anglerphobe » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:20 am

I used to have some co workers who got a kick out of changing language settings to (their native) Welsh as a sort of practical joke. Like sunny I can scrape by in the language at least when it's written down, so I was better able to deal with this than the other Saeson (a word I just had to look up).

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby Marcuse » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Anglerphobe wrote:I used to have some co workers who got a kick out of changing language settings to (their native) Welsh as a sort of practical joke. Like sunny I can scrape by in the language at least when it's written down, so I was better able to deal with this than the other Saeson (a word I just had to look up).

Just learn Mandarin and change it to that. Rekt.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:20 am

My wife is on a roll.

Yesterday my wife tells me at her job a customer asked why there wasn't an expiration date printed on some dried cherries. She told him they had just come in on the truck and nobody had noticed that but she'd look into it once she was done with what she was doing. He walked away muttering under his breath and she put her hands up and said "I'm right here if you want to say something". He kept going.

Then when she got home I was waiting for her to help carry some stuff in. We back into our driveway when possible because we live on a busy road. Walking down the other side of the road there was a forlorn soul carrying two large duffel bags that could've been everything he owned. She stopped, he raises his arms up like YES, YES! but no, no, she just backed in and he looked sooooo dejected. I told her she made his day and ruined it in about two seconds.

Today at work she spotted two known shoplifters. She decided to follow them around to make them uncomfortable. It worked, they left. There was a customer outside smoking and when she went out that customer said one of the shoplifters was saying how she was going to punch my wife in the face. My wife's comment? "I'm not the one running away."

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby JamishT » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:31 am

I think I'm attracted to your wife, but then again, I don't want to be MURDAd.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:39 pm

Sorry, she's not into facial hair. I get to keep the goatee because I'd look like an 14 year old that's lived 3 full lifetimes without it.

So yeah also the other day I realized O Crap I need to mow the lawn before it rains for days straight, hopefully it'll be the last time I have to mow for a long time. I got the front done. Got a third of the back done and it started drizzling. Then it got to pouring and grass was clumping in the deck so I had to stop. I'd say I've got about 10-12 minutes of work left. I regret my decision to build shelving units while it was nice out earlier that day. It is supposed to stop raining. They say.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby reallifegirl » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm going to try doing NaNoWriMo by writing by hand, because I enjoy my own suffering.

In all seriousness, it kind of works for me because I can't haul my laptop around nearly as easily as a notebook, and working on my project on a word processor inevitably ends with me checking off random time-wasting websites. What I've been doing instead is writing and watching Stranger Things/The Good Place, and it seems to be working out. I wrote four pages last night and I feel good.

Plus when I type these all up later, it's kind of a built-in editing process, since I can revise as I transcribe.

In more annoying news, my back is killing me. I think it's a stress reaction (this tends to happen whenever I'm really stressed out) resulting from work being absolutely fucking hectic. Which unfortunately means it's probably not going away anytime soon.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:19 pm

{{{{reallifegirl}}}}

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep