Things that are things.

Discussion, in general

Re: Things that are things.

Postby cmsellers » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:02 am

@Nathan: No.

Also, some time ago, HEB was constantly out of my favorite cheese (aged Havarti), so I got some Italian cheeses to try, then saw my favorite cheese was back in stock and never opened them. Well, I opened them today, the "Romano" was dellcious and not not like I think of Pecorino Romano. So I looked it up, non-Pecorino Romanos are a distinct class of cheese and probably every brand has a different version.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby JamishT » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:45 am

I checked in a guy into the hotel today whose last name was "Mlady" (I checked his license and everything). He wasn't wearing a fedora, but my brain put one on him anyway.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Did he insist that he was a "good guy"?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Twistappel » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Apparently my ear canals are sufficiently messed-up that my ENT not only called the audiologist over to look, because "you don't see this very often", but also expressed disappointment that she didn't didn't have the necessary equipment to take a photo.

Also, I'm back on antibiotics again.

Gross details about my ears
Turns out it is actually possible to scratch the skin in your ear canals right through to the bone without noticing.

You say "New World Order" "communist echo chamber" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby Australia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:17 pm

JamishT wrote:I checked in a guy into the hotel today whose last name was "Mlady" (I checked his license and everything). He wasn't wearing a fedora, but my brain put one on him anyway.

When you showed him to his room, did you beckon and say 'Come, Mlady, come, come, Mlady, you're my butterfly sugar baby?'

Dumb question, of course you did.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby cmsellers » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:36 pm

Twistapple: Did you use q-tips in your ear canals? I've managed to limit myself to doing it only about twice a month, but it feels way too good to stop doing entirely. I'd actually managed to stop doing it for years, and then I got multiple ear infections, and I figured "if my ears are gonna be fucked up anyways, might as well give myself an eargasm."

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:49 pm

You and I have very different definitions of 'eargasm'.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Twistappel » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:46 am

cmsellers wrote:Twistapple: Did you use q-tips in your ear canals? I've managed to limit myself to doing it only about twice a month, but it feels way too good to stop doing entirely. I'd actually managed to stop doing it for years, and then I got multiple ear infections, and I figured "if my ears are gonna be fucked up anyways, might as well give myself an eargasm."

Nah. Stopped using those a while ago. I just compulsively scratch.

Unfortunately, while I can stop using q-tips by simply not buying them anymore, restricting my access to my own hands is a little more complicated.

You say "New World Order" "communist echo chamber" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:10 pm

So I got a new computer. And because you all care about the specs here they are. It's an AMD Ryzen 5 zen+ chip with 16gb of RAM, 2Tb 3.5" HDD which I'm hoping to replace with a smaller SSD, I'm thinking a 480gb one. It also has an external DAC/Soundcard that I bought previously, 3 external harddrives although one will be going with the old computer to whoever buys it, and a DVD player because who doesn't sell their computer with a fricken' blu-ray player?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:34 pm

Someone is playing a bagpipe within earshot of my window. It's possibly the least annoying music I've heard through my window, and I wonder if this is the first time anyone has said that about a bagpiper?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:52 am

I've been trying to unclog my kitchen drain with an increasingly expensive series of augers.

In the process of looking at reviews and alternative products to renting a power auger (which I'll probably end up having to do), I've discovered that a lot of people are extremely averse to disassembling the pipes under the kitchen sink. To the point that they complain about augers that can't be used without taking out the J-trap, and that there are products specifically made so you can clean a J-trap without disassembling it.

Yes, it's kind of gross to take apart the J-trap, but it was literally the second thing I tried after boiling water (Also, stop asking about Draino, people. At least four people on Discord have done so. If it was feasible, I'd have tried Draino, but my sink isn't draining at all, meaning I have to empty it into a bucket by taking out the J-trap, and Draino is caustic as fuck.) because it meant I didn't need to buy any special tools if the clog was in the J-trap. If fucking only.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:24 pm

Did you try drinking the Draino? That could help.

:)

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:23 pm

One person helping me look for jobs has been applying for jobs on my behalf, generally ones I wouldn't apply for myself. I've now gotten as many marketing interviews as interviews for all the jobs I thought I was clearly qualified for combined.

The good news is, on the meds I'm on now, I can reframe things and actually believe them. And after talking with her about why she was applied for those jobs, I convinced myself I bring things to them which your normal marketing person does not. I had an interview today, was genuinely confident, and thought I actually did really well. By the end of it, this job actually sounded like a good fit to me and I thought I'd made my case.

I got rejected in three hours, before I could even send the thank you email. I'm not sure if my interviewing skills are actually improving at all, but I have more confidence and am getting less crushed by rejections, so that's something, I guess?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:15 pm

So you're taking drugs that allow you to convince yourself that you're Superman? What are these drugs and where do I get them?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:03 am

Angel dust and cognitive behavioral therapy; Vinny on the corner of Sixth and Sycamore.
But seriously, CBT is part of it. And if you've been struggling with treatment-resistant depression, PM me and I'll tell you what I'm taking.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

PreviousNext