Things that are things.

Discussion, in general

Re: Things that are things.

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:09 pm

That's like... just another job opening man.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:27 am

(HR sounds like dealing with too many humans, though.)

I just think it's weird that she quit or got fired/killed/whatever in the span of 2 days (in the middle of the week, no less). Although at least I'm getting rejected faster, so... yay for less uncertainty?

Somewhat more seriously, that company always seemed weird with their staffing; the first time, the interviewers had been there for 5 months, 4 months, and 3 weeks.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Krashlia » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:05 am

...Well, thats one nasty October Surprise. Apparently, Trump received a visit from Corona-chan.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:24 am

Imagine making fun of Hillary Clinton for having pneumonia on the second day of October in 2016 and then testing positive for coronavirus today after you openly mocked mask wearers on TV a few days earlier.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:59 am

My brother-in-law (by which I mean my sister's husband's brother) and his wife just tested positive for COVID.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:52 pm

The construction company I work for got a job in Colorado building cabins on a rich guy's ranch, so I was facing a couple weeks of very little if any hours back here in Ohio. Coincidentally, a farm the company has done/is doing work for was looking for temp workers, so today I told my mom that I started a new job that involves marijuana and stripping...because it's a hemp farm and I was stripping leaves and buds from plants all day.

Also, my feet and wrists are killing me from said work.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Krashlia » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:11 am

1602906396912.jpg
1602906396912.jpg (420.19 KiB) Viewed 3832 times

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:06 am

I got another call about a job, and I set up an interview for this Friday. I'm half-expecting a crater to be in place of the building when I go there.

EDIT: Not quite, but no one let me in when I rang the bell (three times over ten minutes). I'm only slightly amused.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:36 pm

So my neighbors across the street are either going to have a drive in COVID testing site or they really care that much about their dented, scratched up, early 2000's Acura Integra to cover it with a large tent.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:07 pm

iMURDAu wrote:So my neighbors across the street are either going to have a drive in COVID testing site or they really care that much about their dented, scratched up, early 2000's Acura Integra to cover it with a large tent.

It's about preserving its Integraty!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:31 pm

This morning I woke up at 3:30 instead of 5 for no reason and couldn't go back to sleep. At work, I filled my bucket with glue and promptly splashed a bunch of it on my pant leg (and some on the floor). Then when I asked for a printout of the work I'm supposed to do this week, two out of three printers jammed.

Today was clearly the start of a good week.

Oh, and I forgot to buy some stuff I need on the way home, but screw it.

EDIT: On a related note, does anyone have any ideas on how to get a phone unglued from an external battery pack, preferably without fucking up the phone (any further)? (SECOND EDIT: Never mind; I got it.)

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Windy » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:07 am

Duct taping a portable battery to my phone has given me valuable insight as to why phones are not designed to be shaped or weigh as much as a brick.

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:33 pm

The doctor says my cholesterol is too high so he's put me on yet another drug. Upside is he reduced one of the ones I'm already on and provided that goes well he's going to see about reducing other ones. Did I mention I have a new doctor? He's a little difficult to understand but very good.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Pedgerow » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:03 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:He's a little difficult to understand but very good.

I know you probably mean that you are dealing with a homo sapiens of sesquipedalian verbiage, but I like to assume he just has a comedy accent. Like if he's wearing a beret and a stripy jumper, with a twirly moustache and smoking a Gauloise, saying, "Sacre bleu! You are eeeeeell."

In other news, my work has won some industry award! Yay us! But I'm not putting this in the good news thread, because we were nominated for three awards (and it's all marketing bollocks; you enter it like a competition and get clients to vote for you) and we only won Data Centre Energy Efficiency of the Year. I don't even know, or care, what that is. Meanwhile, for Data Centre Services of the Year, in other words, world's best customer support, a colossal amount of which is me personally, we came second. I am much more proud of that, since again, it's me who does that, but because it's not a win, the marketing people haven't put it on social media or anything. And yet they ask us all to like, share and retweet their post about something I had nothing to do with. It's like I'm not actually the world's most important person. This is clearly the thanks I get for staying home for a week in April with coronavirus. So it's good news and bad news. Good because I am the second-best IT support guy on the face of the planet, bad because I will never, ever, ever get a giant gold statue of myself outside the building.

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:40 pm

My uncle passed away a few days ago (the sick one from this post, not the idiot doctor), and the funeral home had a few separate viewings between Tuesday and today. I went to the one they had yesterday evening, after I got out of work. It was... something. My aunt and cousin both seemed intent on staying away from us the whole time, which (to make a long story short) was okay with us.

In other news, I found out that, despite my being told I'd be made permanent at work and given a $1/hr raise effective last week, my paycheck was the same amount as before, and still from the temp agency. *shrug*

One last thing, and I'm not sure how concerned I should be: my check engine light was on for a while yesterday, but was off today. I had the oil changed maybe ~1k miles ago, and the temperature gauge never says anything extreme (though I've been meaning to check the antifreeze).

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

PreviousNext