Things that are things.

Discussion, in general

Re: Things that are things.

Postby Australia » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:16 am

JamishT wrote:I just killed a wasp in my room. I don't know how it got in.

I don't know how dangerous or armed they were while trespassing so I can't object to the murder, but just because an Episcopalian isn't Amish doesn't give you the right to call your victim an 'it'. I expected more from you.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby PSTN » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:12 am

There's a lightning storm going on right now, but no rain. I think I'm going to film it and try to pick out the best frames tomorrow.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby octoberpumpkin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:23 pm

I received an application for a work-study program for the college. Are these a good idea? I'll probably bring it to the appropriate people and talk to them about it

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Andropov4 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:44 pm

octoberpumpkin wrote:I received an application for a work-study program for the college. Are these a good idea? I'll probably bring it to the appropriate people and talk to them about it

Work study can be really good or really awful. It can defray the costs of your education and/or get you some academic credit and reduce the amount of money you have to spend on classes.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby JamishT » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:08 pm

I checked on my Fantasy Football teams for an unknown reason recently, and noticed I was still in a league with a friend of mine. I decided to leave that league, because I didn't know any of the members besides my friend...who died a few months ago.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:27 am

My unweighted grade before the final tomorrow in Statistics is 81.26%, which means I'm guaranteed to pass with a C.

Last edited by Deathclaw_Puncher on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby octoberpumpkin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:57 pm

It's my last day of my 54 days of prayer and my cat won't get off of my prayer stuff :<

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Anglerphobe » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:01 pm

When my cat is on something, I hold a finger in front of his nose to get his attention, then move it up and over his head until he tries to catch it with his paws and is easily knocked backwards off his perch with a push from my other hand. I don't know how he hasn't rumbled this routine yet.

Edit: You might get bitten if your reflexes aren't very sharp.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby octoberpumpkin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:08 pm

I decided to take your advice and attempt it. He responded by rolling on to his back and falling back asleep. Time to just push him off. I feel bad but I think a six hour nap should be plenty for right now >.>

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby PSTN » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:44 pm

I just had my teeth taken out, and I'm struggling to stay awake.

So. I'm awake now. I woke up on the couch at home with no recollection of how I got there. My brother was supposed to have picked me up, and considering I'm home, he must have.

But he didn't leave anything with me. Like I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to get some painkillers or something. Or at least a pamphlet telling me what these bloody wads in my mouth are and when I can take them out.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Matt the Czar » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:39 am

I'm working on a mod for Victoria 2. What if the Edwardian Era... lasted FOREVER ? I'm using some old screenshots. LaChaise and Max did the translations for the scenario title and description in French and Spanish respectively. Thanks btw!

A Sun That Never Sets (or Pax Europa in French)

Nineteen-fourteen has passed, and there is no Great War. Not that there should be in this day and age. After the hustle and bustle of the nineteenth century, Europe has calmed down to a degree. No new nations are being forged in the furnace of Nationalism, and there hasn't been a major war for over forty years. Whether that is to change is up to fate— and you. The weapons of war and inventions of peace will accelerate too in this peace: Ultra-fast planes will soar on jets of coal dust and gasoline. Landships will charge fortifications and trample men. Gravchariots will soar at speeds unheard of for a land vehicle; quickly laying blows on the enemy and escaping just as fast. And yet, all this will be captive to the social mores and morality of the past century. All of this, due to a Pax Europa.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by Matt the Czar on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Operation Prepare Your Anus is considered to have been the most thoughtfully planned and masterfully executed humanitarian intervention in American history."-DTanza, alternatehistory.com

Now as a very moral person, I would never sell a pot brownie to a toddler.
I.. I would just GIVE it to them.- CMSellers.
Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby PSTN » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:14 am

@Matt the Czar

I just want to say that I have no idea what you're talking about, but that still looks awesome.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Matt the Czar » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:20 am

Victoria II: Pax Europa: Couldn't Understand Edition

Steampunk Future Past! 1915-2015! Cultural Stasis, High Technology! England to Beat Hun to Moon! Français Lunaire! Jetplanes! Jetpacks! Tanks! Landspeeders! Imperialist Fun! :D

"Operation Prepare Your Anus is considered to have been the most thoughtfully planned and masterfully executed humanitarian intervention in American history."-DTanza, alternatehistory.com

Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:37 am

Ericthebearjew wrote:My unweighted grade before the final tomorrow in Statistics is 81.26%, which means I'm guaranteed to pass with a C.

Passed with a B. Never have to look at another math problem again.
party hard

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Matt the Czar » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:35 am

New Screenshot:

Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

PreviousNext