Things that are things.

Discussion, in general

Re: Things that are things.

Postby PSTN » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:57 am

SilverMaple wrote:My online class, the one I was doing for the humanities credit I needed in order to graduate, finished today. So I'll be graduating this fall. I...I'm done with university.

I'm not sure how to feel about this, since I don't have a job or any more education lined up right now, and I don't really have any related experience to get those things, but it's something. My co-worker and I are spending the week in a small town, and we went to what we thought was a stereotypical small-town bar, where she was nice enough to buy me a drink to celebrate.

Then, apropos of nothing, the stripper arrived. I don't know if that's something that usually happens on weekday nights in bars, but apparently it does here.

Congratulations!

Also, that was only technically a "stripper" in that she took off her clothes. In reality, they just let Margy do that because nobody has the heart to call the cops on the preachers wife.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby octoberpumpkin » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:15 am

Got a new game and loooving it~

Also find some of it refreshing. It's pretty cliche-ful (something that's never bothered me, but does bother some) but something it does a bit more uniquely is the gender dynamic. It has dating sim aspects to it and you control a male character with seven female characters. It's very PG though, no worries about that. It's a sweet little game. But what I found refreshing is that in this game, the male character is the one that needs rescuing and protecting and is weaker than the female characters. Not just in story but in gameplay. he's your healer and support character while the ladies (so far, I dun have them all yet) are much stronger and better at attacking. So that was a nice, unexpected change of pace!

Also am wondering if college clubs are a thing. If the college thing works out I might want to join one to see if I can get a social life, but I don't know if those are really a thing or just something like on TV and stuff

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Delta Jim » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:36 am

octoberpumpkin wrote:Also am wondering if college clubs are a thing. If the college thing works out I might want to join one to see if I can get a social life, but I don't know if those are really a thing or just something like on TV and stuff

There are clubs, but it seems like the only people who start clubs are the most boring people imaginable. Though, that's just my experience. Maybe you'll have better luck finding one that's interesting.

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby Roflface » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:12 am

I'm finally getting my prescriptions refilled tomorrow. I've gone a few weeks without them, and it would be best described as drowning in the Pacific while making this face:
Spoiler: show

So I'm pretty stoked to be getting my chemicals and emotions back. It may be difficult to teach my face to move again, but it'll be worth it!

You can always sue someone.

"There's nothing that a bucket of spiders can't fix." - Grim
Roflface
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Tee hee

Postby JamishT » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:24 am

Delta Jim wrote:
octoberpumpkin wrote:Also am wondering if college clubs are a thing. If the college thing works out I might want to join one to see if I can get a social life, but I don't know if those are really a thing or just something like on TV and stuff

There are clubs, but it seems like the only people who start clubs are the most boring people imaginable. Though, that's just my experience. Maybe you'll have better luck finding one that's interesting.

I actually have an article coming out at some point (right, Marcuse?) about college secret societies. Some of the ones I researched looked like fun, others not so much.

Yeah, not much of a contribution to the conversation, I know...

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:39 pm

Delta Jim wrote:

I joined a club near the end of my sentence at time in college, but it turned out they didn't actually meet or do anything (it was a student chapter of a professional organization relating to my major, so I wasn't sure what to expect).

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Paradox » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:06 pm

I really need to start going somewhere to boost my social life a bit.

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby PSTN » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Paradox wrote:I really need to start going somewhere to boost my social life a bit.

I don't know if I can help you with that, but tell you what, if you ever make your way up to Canada we can go clubbing. I mean, PETA gets all up in arms about it, but nobody cares what they say.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Paradox » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:20 pm

I'm usually more of a nerdy/socially awkward type, but I actually do enjoy clubbing.

Depends on the club, though.

Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:49 pm

On the extremely off-chance that you ever end up in northern New Jersey, I know a few people who do trivia nights at some bars (mostly questions about basic math, science, and pop culture).

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby PSTN » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Am I the only one a little bothered by this?

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:52 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby PSTN » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:58 pm

I do, but it seems like the kind of thing Sheldon would lose his shit over, and it was never addressed.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby Paradox » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:33 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:On the extremely off-chance that you ever end up in northern New Jersey, I know a few people who do trivia nights at some bars (mostly questions about basic math, science, and pop culture).

Nerd stuff and booze? Sounds exactly my kind of fun.

Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

PreviousNext