Adventures from your work!

Discussion, in general

Re: Adventures from your work!

Postby cmsellers » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Anglerphobe wrote:We can carry knives, but only if we have a proper reason to do so rather than explicitly as a weapon. Knives with "a folding blade of 3 inches or less" are not restricted.

*stabs Anglerphobe with his 3 1/2" non-folding knife.*

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Tuli » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:06 am

I got a very silly phonecall the other day. I picked up with my usual greeting in Estonian of "Hello, *nameofcompany*" and this is the conversation that follows:

- Hello, do you speak English?
- Yes, hello.
- I want to speak to your manager.
- Sorry, my manager is not here at the moment, would you like to leave a message?
- No, I want to speak to your manager.
- Well, as I said-
- Give me your manager.
- The manager is not here. I could give you her office phone number...
- Yes, give me the number. *Some mumbling on the other end* Your manager should be a man.
- No, my manager is a woman.
- *More mumbling* It should be a man.
- ...are you aware that you have called *** fitness club?
- *some more mumbling in unidentifiable language on the other end* Okay, thanks. Bye. *Click*

And this whole conversation could have been so much shorter if the rude-ass on the other end had supplied or asked for any identifying information to begin with, instead of just steamrolling me with "I want your manager" over and over again. :roll: Manners: they apparently exist for a reason!

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Postby reallifegirl » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Tuli wrote:I got a very silly phonecall the other day. I picked up with my usual greeting in Estonian of "Hello, *nameofcompany*" and this is the conversation that follows:

- Hello, do you speak English?
- Yes, hello.
- I want to speak to your manager.
- Sorry, my manager is not here at the moment, would you like to leave a message?
- No, I want to speak to your manager.
- Well, as I said-
- Give me your manager.
- The manager is not here. I could give you her office phone number...
- Yes, give me the number. *Some mumbling on the other end* Your manager should be a man.
- No, my manager is a woman.
- *More mumbling* It should be a man.
- ...are you aware that you have called *** fitness club?
- *some more mumbling in unidentifiable language on the other end* Okay, thanks. Bye. *Click*

And this whole conversation could have been so much shorter if the rude-ass on the other end had supplied or asked for any identifying information to begin with, instead of just steamrolling me with "I want your manager" over and over again. :roll: Manners: they apparently exist for a reason!

Is it possible they were a scammer? I get calls like that all the time at work, usually asking for "the business owner". Invariably, if I ask who they are and insist that I can't transfer until I know who's calling, it turns out they're some sort of credit lending scheme.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 pm

Customer on his phone brings up two containers of button mushrooms. I tell him his total is $3.98. He immediately goes off "no no no those are 2 for $5". I add another dollar on there for him, tell him his total is $4.98 and he says "but it was just $3.98". I said "well you said they were 2 for $5". He looked at me puzzled then said "oh I'll take them for $3.98". I love how old people are just little bundles of rage ready to blow up.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Australia » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:22 am

Ah, yes, the Farnsworth consumer. I know them well.
Just got a missed call from the boss about the amount of leftover load from last night [not my fault the orgy didn't last all that long] so I don't think I'm going to be left in charge anymore. Good thing too because while I have enough work ethic to be considered for interim duty manager (usual supervisor is on paternity leave and replacement is a few weeks away), giving orders is not for the socially awkward and ambition is pretty low on my personality scale. Unfortunately, I may get in further trouble for not returning his call immediately because there's a bad storm in my suburb and reception is shot to hell. But without a flux capacitor, there's nothing I can do to fix last night so I'm sure he can just as easily lecture me when I call tomorrow.

Last edited by Australia on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby cmsellers » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:30 am

Australia wrote:giving orders is not for the socially awkward

What are you talking about? I find it easiest to deal with people when I get to boss them around.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:30 am

Not sure if I should even post this but fooket.

Cashier: Hey can you help me

Me, on register covering someone on break but still turn around to see what's up so I sez: What's up

Customer: All I got was food but my food stamps didn't cover everything

Cashier: I looked through the whole order but I didn't see anything

Me, scrolls through order and finds something: The $3.81 is pet, those Frosty Paws dog treats.

Customer: Those are for dogs? I've been getting those for my kids.

Spoiler: show

Note the word "dog" in 3 corners and Purina in the 4th. Afaik Purina hasn't marketed people food in America since the early 90's.

Me: pivots back to my customer lookin' like:

and...

That's not even it for the day. A cashier getting carts informs me a Jeep's driver door is just open against a cart corral with nobody around. So after 15 minutes of high suspense dosed out better than any movie I've ever fucking seen this guy in his 50's walks up to it. By now anybody working within view of the front facade is aware of this and is interested. So this guy is apparently the owner and he has like no visible reaction to finding his door fully open. He leaned into the front seat then with the door still open walks to the back and... unlocks the rear hatch with his key. Like buddy your car is already unlocked and you were right there where your hatch release is and even leaning in.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:55 am

So several years ago I used to work for a local TV news station. From time to time, companies would send us products and the like in the hopes of us featuring it in the news broadcast (which happened exactly 0 times).

One day a strange package came, for a product called ... Vulva.

You might be tempted to think that this is some kind of perfume for a woman's lady-parts, but you would be incorrect. This is a perfume that is supposed to make other things smell like a vagina.

Sadly, at that time I had not yet sampled from the fruits of a woman's body, so I could not tell you if it smelled like the real deal.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Matthew Notch » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:01 am

iMURDAu wrote:

Note the word "dog" in 3 corners and Purina in the 4th. Afaik Purina hasn't marketed people food in America since the early 90's.

To be fair, those things are sold in the freezer section, right next to all the other ice cream and frozen confection treats, and also they're a stupid product and it's weird they even exist. I think the first time I saw them I had a mini rant that was a little too loud for comfort to my wife about it. I mean why

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:31 am

My boss walks into the cash office yesterday with a pack of M&M's and offers me some. I take some but before I can consume them she asks me to tell her if they taste like anything. Mind you, she's popping them in her mouth the whole time so I'm assuming they're all either okay to eat or poisoned. I eat them, they taste like M&M's should and I mention that to her. She tells me they were returned because they allegedly tasted like the packaging, then laughingly asks if they taste like the packaging. I was unable to answer as I have no knowledge of how the packaging tastes.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:33 am

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby reallifegirl » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:38 pm

The kitchen at work is flooded with the smell of rotting cheese.

It's pretty clear it's coming from the fridge, somewhere in the pile of forgotten lunches. No one seems to know which food in particular is the culprit. (I swear it's not me.) All we know is that there is literally a wall of air by the kitchen that, as soon as you step through it, floods your nostrils with the decay smell. And if you grab something out of the fridge, your hands will smell of it, too, so everyone is constantly washing their hands.

Weirdly, this started very suddenly yesterday -- Tuesday, everything was fine, and then Wednesday happened and the kitchen was a war zone.

Our office manager has sent out an email saying he's cleaning out the fridge tomorrow morning, but it's still super bizarre that it's gotten so bad that everyone is avoiding the one break room on our floor out of sheer overwhelming disgust.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:46 pm

reallifegirl wrote:The kitchen at work is flooded with the smell of rotting cheese.

It's pretty clear it's coming from the fridge, somewhere in the pile of forgotten lunches. No one seems to know which food in particular is the culprit. (I swear it's not me.) All we know is that there is literally a wall of air by the kitchen that, as soon as you step through it, floods your nostrils with the decay smell. And if you grab something out of the fridge, your hands will smell of it, too, so everyone is constantly washing their hands.

Weirdly, this started very suddenly yesterday -- Tuesday, everything was fine, and then Wednesday happened and the kitchen was a war zone.

Our office manager has sent out an email saying he's cleaning out the fridge tomorrow morning, but it's still super bizarre that it's gotten so bad that everyone is avoiding the one break room on our floor out of sheer overwhelming disgust.

It's a shame Hate Week is over -- there are just so many good jokes that could be made here. Have you considered becoming an enemy on a semi-permanent basis?

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby reallifegirl » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:11 pm

IamNotCreepy wrote:
reallifegirl wrote:The kitchen at work is flooded with the smell of rotting cheese.

It's a shame Hate Week is over -- there are just so many good jokes that could be made here. Have you considered becoming an enemy on a semi-permanent basis?

Hmm, I do need a target for my unquenchable petty rage...

reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 pm

So I officially started my second job yesterday. Now, I don't need a second job but after the insurance fiasco I thought it would be good to maybe get my foot in the door somewhere else, maybe someplace closer to home, and if things work out maybe swapping jobs or at least having nursing home supervisory experience to bolster my resume.

It. Was. A. Cluster.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing and I had HUGE flashbacks to just how catty CNAs can be. Meanwhile, I had this horrible pain in my right heel all night.

So, I'll be going back there next Sunday. Hopefully it'll be a better experience. The CNAs have started a betting pool on me lasting 9 months total. I have placed my own bet seeing as how they gave me rather shoddy odds so I've got to at least make it to 10 months to win. Anyway. I really dislike how staying over 1-2 hours after the end of shift is viewed as the norm. It's a 24 hour facility and we should all work together to complete paperwork. I know-crazy idea!

My mother made a snarky comment about how if we needed more money, Tom needs to get a job. Reminded her that even if we could find a job within walking distance full time -seriously I'm not buying another car right not- I can make what he would bring home for 40 hours in 11 hours (at this PRN job.) Now, I'm not planning on working 11 hours extra a week, I only plan on working one weekend a month.

Anyhoo, when I got home I took a good look at my heel. I couldn't see anything but it sure felt like something was in it. Attempts at removal with tweezers ineffective. Purulent drainage noted.

So of course, today, at my regular jobbo I put on my super cute magnifying glasses and used disposible tweezers and splinter removal items to essentially remove the thick layer of skin on part of my heel. I also finally located and removed the offending item-it was a very small but hard tan item and I have no idea what it was. BUT IT'S OUT NOW! Mwaaahahahahah.

And that's what I did while waiting to see if the auditors were coming down to my office today.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

PreviousNext