Adventures from your work!

Discussion, in general

Re: Adventures from your work!

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:33 pm

That's why faux leather and even real leather chairs shouldn't exist. Why they put those in cars is beyond me.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby JamishT » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:50 am

The power went out for about 1 1/2 hours tonight. We have a generator power some lights, registers, and the network that our system runs on...but only upstairs. The "backroom" is downstairs and had no connectivity, so I couldn't do most of my usual work. Our refrigerated/frozen section had signs on all the doors to tell people to keep them closed, but I saw several idiots still open them to get stuff because people are gonna people.

We were the only store in the mall to lose power, and none of the surrounding neighborhoods lost power, so I really don't know what happened.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:20 pm

The following is all second hand information. I can't verify these events but I assume they happened.

Apparently a coworker was bored at work the other night and decided to prank call.... the store we work at. First call was to seafood where an order was placed for "4 pounds of shrimp dicks". Supposedly the phrase "shrimp dicks" was used multiple times when the order was placed. The next was to the meat department where an inquiry was made about "horse cock". The meat dept. associate hung up immediately, the seafood associate is newer and not wanting to get in trouble with a customer went ahead and began cooking 4 pounds of shrimp. The caller let them know what was going on soon after but you can't uncook shrimp and it was after 8 p.m. so it wasn't likely a random customer would want to buy that much shrimp within the next couple of hours.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:09 pm

iMURDAu wrote:That's why faux leather and even real leather chairs shouldn't exist. Why they put those in cars is beyond me.

I was wondering why high weight-capacity furniture usually comes with only fabric upholstery as an option!
Honestly, I'm still confused, though...
Would you rather the sweat soak in to the nice fabric and through to the stuffing, then dry out, leaving all the solid parts behind?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:53 pm

Yes. I'd rather spray febreze eternally than sit in a literal pool of my own sweat.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:22 pm

cmsellers wrote:I was wondering why high weight-capacity furniture usually comes with only fabric upholstery as an option!
Honestly, I'm still confused, though...
Would you rather the sweat soak in to the nice fabric and through to the stuffing, then dry out, leaving all the solid parts behind?

You sweat solid stuff? You should see a doctor about that.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:27 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:You sweat solid stuff? You should see a doctor about that.

My sweat is liquid. All sweat contains various other bits dissolved in it including salts such as ammonia, urea, and salt-salt; sugar; and fats. Your skin almost certainly has bacteria and dead cells, some of which get swept away when you're sweating buckets. On cloth-lined furniture, enough sweat will soak through to the foam layer, then eventually dry out, leaving solid bits behind. While the foam layer is wet, though, there's also the potential for mold to form on the bacteria, dead skin, and tiny bits of fat and sugar you're so generously donating.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:17 am

iMURDAu wrote:Yes. I'd rather spray febreze eternally than sit in a literal pool of my own sweat.

I assume this is why Douglas Adams emphasized the importance of always knowing where your towel is.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Pedgerow » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:11 pm

I've got that medical problem where you sweat too much, and if I wear a black T-shirt and really go for some hardcore exercise, I can leave solid deposits. I get a white ring on the T-shirt around my back, which I believe is probably salt. So if anyone needs any confirmation about any of this, yes, my T-shirts can get icky white outlines as I blithely ignore how permanently damp I am. The white stuff washes out, though, so it's not the end of the world unless a stranger unexpectedly hugs me and finds themselves having to style it out while being clearly revolted.

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:40 pm

Antivax coworker: You're going to see one of those legal ads one day that say call 1-800-something if you got the COVID vaccine between these dates. Just watch.

Me: Hell yeah then I get settlement money!

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:43 pm

Gotta love "automated" systems sometimes.

I talked to an HR rep at work because I noticed there has never been any 401k contributions from my paycheck. Apparently it was supposed to be automatic when I got hired, there was supposed to be emails from the company that handles the funds, and they weren't sure I was actually right until I showed them.

The HR rep told me she'd never seen this happen before. My response: I'm an innovator 8-)

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Mon May 30, 2022 9:59 pm

The dumbest person I've ever met in my life, who I believe I talked about in another thread, called off work today. My boss said he gave a Beavis and Butthead style "huh huh" laugh at the end of the call so he's probably not sick.

Called off on Memorial Day. A holiday. Okay.

He was mad last week because he's a part timer and only gets time and a half for working holidays instead of that plus 8 hours of holiday pay.

So he will get nothing instead.

2 weeks ago he declined a full time position because in his words "I don't know, I might want to go to college one day."

If he had worked today he would have been at the end of our production line stacking boxes on pallets. Since he called off I ended up with that task. It was. By far. The easiest. Time I've ever had doing that task.

Had I been packing boxes instead of stacking we'd have had obviously one extra person packing. That would have likely resulted in us getting done a couple hours early.

Tomorrow I will thank him for passing up the chance to make money in order to facilitate the rest of the crew getting their full workday of time and a half pay.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue May 31, 2022 11:07 am

One of these days I'm going to post the synopsis to "Adventures In Babysitting" to this thread.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Pedgerow » Tue May 31, 2022 8:15 pm

First you have to make sure we've all seen it!

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Previous