Adventures from your work!

Discussion, in general

Re: Adventures from your work!

Postby JamishT » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:48 am

I'm training a new guy at work, he's like 3 days in and still making newbie mistakes which is to be expected. That's fine. However, today, we also had a new Team Lead working with us. This new TL got hired like weeks ago, so I thought he was going to be competent. I was wrong.

I saw him doing something real stupid, and 100% yelled at him. Like "Why are you doing that?" and "If that batch of stuff goes to one part of the sales floor and the batch of stuff you're currently pulling goes to a completely different area, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU PUTTING IT ON THE SAME CART?" He was...quite taken aback.

I had figured that I hadn't worked with him yet because he works earlier shifts than I, but no, today was in fact his third day of work in the past few weeks. Somehow. So I apologized as well as I could (I haven't been sleeping much and was already exhausted), and before he left for the day we shook hands and said we were good. I won't expect much of him for a few months though.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby IamNotCreepy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:34 pm

So I had a crazy call today. This is a transcript of the conversation (edited down slightly):

Spoiler: show
Me: May I please have your social security number?

Customer: I just called and spoke with a girl, and she asked me the same thing. I told her I didn’t want to give it to her. I don’t trust women, by the way. *beat* Is this call being monitored for quality purposes?

M: *enthusiastically* Yes sir, it absolutely is.

C: Oh, ok… good. Well, she was supposed to send me back through the system to put it in the phone, but it got me to you. You don’t sound any more trustworthy than she did.

M: *deadpan* I am sorry that I don’t seem trustworthy to you, sir, but one way or the other we need to get your social to continue. Depending on what you press for the prompts, it should allow you to enter in your information.

C: And then you won’t see my social. You can steal all my money, but you won’t be able to steal my social security number.

M: Actually, regardless of how the social security number gets provided to us, we can still view it when we have your information in front of us.

C: Okay, can you raise your right hand?

M: *awkward pause* Sir … you know, we do go through extensive background checks before being hired.

C: The problem I have is with saying it out loud is that it’s harder to detect the tones than it is when speaking. You know they’re listening to us, right?

M: *awkward pause* Well, sir, each number has its own identifiable tone, so it could still be determined by listening [I’m just trolling at this point].

C: I know, but it’s harder for someone who’s stupid to detect that as opposed to voice. Stupid people can hear.

[we proceed with the call, and he decides to try going through the phone prompts again]

C: You did good, though, by the way. Your customer service was perfect. You didn’t get rattled with my snide, sarcastic comments. I tip my hat to you.

M: That’s okay, I’ve gotten plenty of practice.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby reallifegirl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 pm

So, once a year, my company's parent company gets the entire sales/account managements departments to fly out to their office in Chicago for three days to kick off the start of the new year. I've never gone before, but as I understand it, it's a whole lot of seminars followed by people getting shitfaced on the company dime.

The issue this year? As it turns out, it won't be in January, like it usually is, and will instead run from February 13th-15th. Right smack on top of Valentine's Day.

So while this isn't an issue for me *laughs and sobs at the same time*, it seems like a few people are annoyed/prepping themselves for an awkward conversation with their SOs. One colleague who just got married is joking that she'll sneak her husband in her carry-on so they don't have to miss their first Valentine's Day as a married couple.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby clownpiece » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:00 am

I had a great day at work today! (Well, except for when I was changing into my work clothes. Turned around and it turns out I period-ed all over the edge of my bed, and didn't have time to clean it up so now it's there forever until I can find the bleach pads... >.>)

Anyway, two guys were waiting for me to empty the garbage cans and when I took out the second bag (We double-bag them) they were like:

"Wow, pre-double bagging them. (Something about going through the extra effort)"

"If I was paid what she gets, I wouldn't do it either."

And then he gave me 2 dollars. I have absurdly bad reaction time and I was just standing there thinking 'what the heck' and he started walking away before I could politely refuse it; so I just gave him a sheepish 'thanks' and we shared a good laugh. It was weird, but hey, 2 dollars. For future reference, if you tip your lobby-girl I'll be sure to share my utmost gratitude and totally sneak you an extra fry next time I'm in the kitchen

clownpiece
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: fwip

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:12 am

I like how they think double bagging before the first bag is full of trash is going above and beyond and not just smart. Those are the types that I want to find out where they work so I can go to their job and shit talk them. See how they like it.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Two of the inspections I do are called ECC-50% and ECC-100%. They have nothing to do with each other except for the names (ECC = Energy Code Compliance). The 50% inspection is for insulation, wherever it has been installed but not looked at, and the 100% inspection is for whatever electrical stuff has been signed off on a different form.

A few weeks ago, I was sent to do an ECC-50% inspection on a house that was being renovated. When I got there, the contractor said that someone had just come by the day before for that, and said all the insulation was cleared to be covered up, so I couldn’t get any pictures of it. I called my boss, who initially said to write it up as a billable cancellation. Needless to say, the contractor was not amused. After a few minutes and a lot of yelling between him and my boss, it was discovered that I was actually supposed to do the other type of inspection.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Yesterday there was an email from someone in our corporate cash office. Asking for the store's phone number.

I've corresponded with this person previously. The store phone number is part of my email signature.

Their email was a reply to one I had sent. smh.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:09 pm

We have an employee of the month board. Problem is we didn't start this employee of the month business until May. So we have this board with 12 slots for pictures and as of now only May and June have pictures of employees. I had to rectify that. A little bit. A handful of Spongebob pictures, one of Squidward dabbing, and Jan from the Office because the months are abbreviated so January says Jan. I'm thinking about printing one of April from Parks and Recreation because April is a long time from now.

The head of human resources saw the board and remarked to me "I like your Spongebob" while smiling. So it's official!

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:35 am

I (barely) helped a dude and his 6 or 7 year old daughter find a specific shampoo today. As the dad walked toward the shampoo, the kid walked up to me and offered me a quarter for helping. It caught me off guard, and I didn't accept it, but it was cute as hell!

JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep

Postby Australia » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:25 pm

What would you do with a quarter of a bottle of shampoo in the middle of a work day? Sounds like a dumb kid to me.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby JamishT » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:32 am

Today an older lady approached me when I happened to be on the floor.

"Do you work here?" Strike one!

"Yeah, what can I do for you?"

"I'm looking for the guy that works over here. He helped me earlier when this situation happened, when some people threw stuff at me, it's a long story. Anyway, I don't feel safe walking out to my car, and I need a security guard."

"Well, I would go to guest services, they can call security for you" I had in mind that guest services is right by the exit, so if the security guard meets her there, it will be a quicker trip out to the parking lot.

"I've done that!" she starts walking away "I'm just going to RISK MY LIFE and walk out to my car alone! I need help and I'm not getting it here!"

"Okay."

I don't know what happened to her, but I feel confident that she made it out alive. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if she calls the cops at the slightest bit of suspicion.

JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:11 pm

She called the cops because your avatar is a black man.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:43 pm

As JamishT left work at the end of the day, he noticed some yellow police tape and flashing lights in one section of the parking lot in his rearview mirror. He didn’t think much of it, although he never did find out what happened to that customer; she never went back to the store.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Meh, I called the cops on a guy who was so high he was leaning back with his eyes closed like he was going to fall over backwards. He's also stolen from the store many times and been told not to come back then he begged the store manager in the most pathetic way possible to be allowed back and he's been stealing ever since.

Cops arrive, his car has tags that don't belong to it, a VIN number that doesn't match the car, I overhear the guy doesn't have license or insurance. So what happened?

Spoiler: show
After he was done shopping they gave him a ride home since they had to tow his car. He lives in public housing, gets food stamps, steals from stores, drives illegally, and gets to use the police as a free taxi. GEE I WONDER WHY WE HAVE AN OPIATE EPIDEMIC IN THIS COUNTRY. You can smell alcohol, you can smell marijuana, so just shoot stuff into your veins or snort it and you're fucking golden.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby Anglerphobe » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:51 pm

The guy who works above me was complaining that his office phone's ringing tone was broken and too quiet to hear, so we decided to fix it. I can now hear it on my floor through the ceiling when it rings, as if it were giant.

A woman came who had been late for her appointment and had jogged through the summer heat to make it on time. I would guess her weight at about 95kg (210 pounds). When she left, there was a pool of sweat remaining in the faux leather chair she had occupied that was so extensive and so deep that I thought I might have to hire a couple of wayward mariners to desperately bail it out with buckets. I ended up picking up the chair and tipping the reservoir of crack sweat onto one of the pot plants.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

PreviousNext