Not So Guilty Pleasures

Discussion, in general

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Have you considered going to white power websites? Which I never, ever, ever read? Ya you know the ones. The ones I never, ever, ever read. Like Stormfront. Which I've never, ever, ever visited or read.



(Think Big Brother believes me?)
  • 8

User avatar
NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 4218
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:49 am
Location: You'll Never Know!
Show rep

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:00 pm

I think that might just enrage me in a bad way. The best train wrecks are when it's over something completely trivial. Like, both sides agree that Dean is boning Sam, but they're furiously debating whether it started in season four or season five and BITCH IT WAS CLEARLY SEASON FOUR I WILL CUT YOU*.

* For example. I've not watched much of Supernatural so I have no idea who's boning whom, I just enjoy watching people froth at the mouth about it.
  • 9

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
User avatar
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator
 
Posts: 5700
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:48 pm
Location: Dormouse-like in a teapot
Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby DoglovingJim » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:05 am

NathanLoiselle wrote:Have you considered going to white power websites? Which I never, ever, ever read? Ya you know the ones. The ones I never, ever, ever read. Like Stormfront. Which I've never, ever, ever visited or read.



(Think Big Brother believes me?)


Type DoglovingJim on Google and scroll down a bit.

No I swear it isn't my porn site, something else.



One day I will find proper use for it... (originally I was planning on infiltration and filling it with dick jokes but for some reason the site itself messes up my browser in that I can't even use it.)
  • 8

Image

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
User avatar
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 am
Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby ShuaiGuy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:29 am

<Redacted>
  • 8

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:38 am
Show rep

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby AdricDePsycho » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:10 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:Have you considered going to white power websites? Which I never, ever, ever read? Ya you know the ones. The ones I never, ever, ever read. Like Stormfront. Which I've never, ever, ever visited or read.



(Think Big Brother believes me?)

No. He just sent me to send you a warning
*dumps a skinned pig on Nathan's porch*
This will be you if Big Brother gets pissed off again.
  • 8

We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
User avatar
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:31 pm
Location: Marianna, Florida
Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby skooma » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:34 am

DoglovingJim wrote:
Type DoglovingJim on Google and scroll down a bit.

No I swear it isn't my porn site, something else.



One day I will find proper use for it... (originally I was planning on infiltration and filling it with dick jokes but for some reason the site itself messes up my browser in that I can't even use it.)


Whoa, dude. Xlent opportunity for something anyway.

You'd think googling skooma would only get obvious results, but there is this Skooma Whore thing that apparently adds 18 drugs - on the up side, none of them are real, and it looks like the effects of addiction are more real. Which sounds okay, until you wonder why, and it's apparently, yeah, a Skyrim porn site. Stupid fucking humans. It has a cum shot brothel and combat sex, but whatever, not interested.
  • 4

Skooma seems the type of person to chase me down and force me at gun point to receive their encomium with good graces. ~Jack Road

* I got caught in the crossfire of one of skooma's fucking frisbees ~Sister Morphine
User avatar
skooma
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:21 pm
Location: Stuck in your door
Show rep
Title: The Lightning

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby TheSyrupNugget » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:15 am

OrangeEyebrows wrote:On a similar note, I like to watch train-crash drama on the internet. The more furious everyone gets, the better. Shipping wars, for example. Especially if there are overblown comparisons to real-life trauma, claims of being triggered, dramatic flounces and/or a pseuicide or two.


I recommend The Flash fandom on tumblr. I mean, the tag for any CW show is usually good for a few cheap laughs, but especially The Flash. Specifically, anything concerning the "Westallen" versus "Snowbarry" shipping war. It's a glorious circle of faulty logic (as basically everything on tumblr tends to be) that basically boils down to "Everyone who likes Barry with Iris is a BULLY" and "yeah? Well, everyone who likes Barry with Caitlin is a RACIST" getting internet-screamed back and forth, over and over, more aggressively than ever when new episodes come out. It's hilarious.

As for mine? As I've mentioned before, an appreciation for dumb teen soaps. I tend to range from watching because I've gotten attached to the characters (The OC), to "because my ex-girlfriend made me start watching it, and it was unintentionally hilarious enough to make me want to see how it ended" (Dawson's Creek).
  • 9

User avatar
TheSyrupNugget
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:49 pm
Location: British Columba, Canada
Show rep
Title: Nugget of Syrup

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:29 am

That sounds PERFECT. Actually, those smooshed-together shipping names are usually a sign that people are going to lose their shit.

I also like dumb character-based TV. I watched Glee with great pleasure when it was on my default TV channel*, though I haven't followed it since it disappeared. I don't think there's any shame in it - it's doing what it's designed to do.

* Don't ask.
  • 9

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
User avatar
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator
 
Posts: 5700
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:48 pm
Location: Dormouse-like in a teapot
Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby mancityfooty » Sun May 03, 2015 9:16 pm

I like reading the comments on Fox news' website. No matter the story, it will eventually come around to being the fault of Obama.
  • 11

72% Vanilla
User avatar
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:16 pm
Location: Olathe, KS
Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby Andropov4 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:08 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:
AdricDePsycho wrote:
NathanLoiselle wrote:I like Pink Floyd despite never taking LSD or any of it's derivatives. I like Portishead despite not being an emotionally disturbed fifteen year old girl. And I like Duran Duran ... that's it, I just like them.

Why is Pink Floyd a guilty pleasure? I fucking LOVE classic rock (even shitty glam metal!), but Pink Floyd a guilty pleasure? That's like calling Foreigner the greatest rock band of all time (THEY AREN'T EVEN IN THE TOP 40). The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon are two of my favorite albums, and if I was trapped on a deserted island with a record player, Dark Side would be there with me (along with Sgt. Pepper, Exile on Main Street, Who's Next, Van Halen, Machine Head, Paranoid, Appetite for Destruction, Ten, and Led Zeppelin IV).


The Wall and Darkside of the Moon are prog-rock. I like stuff like Atom Heart Mother, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and A Saucerful of Secrets. It's a prerequisite to do some LSD or the like when listening to those albums. And Echoes would make a great soundtrack to Call of Duty. :)


Objectively speaking, the best Pink Floyd album is Wish You Were Here. That's just how it is.

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Choose your weapons, sir.


I know I'm a little late here, but it is typically the prerogative of the challenged party to select the weapons. I suggest fighting irons.

Image

Anyway, not-so-guilty pleasures? I got excessively happy about being able to purchase an Encyclopedia of Human Rights at a library book sale for $.50. $.50!

Also, I may or may not play a lot of old videogames. Like Alpha Centauri and the older Total War games, even though they have superior titles that I also own.
  • 11

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
User avatar
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 3307
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:24 pm
Location: 'Murica
Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby mancityfooty » Fri May 08, 2015 2:22 am

Everyone I know loves "Animals".
Dark side is good, but everyone and their mom likes Dark side.
Wish you were here is my absolute favorite.


Another guilty pleasure? I like early KISS. 70's era only.
  • 5

72% Vanilla
User avatar
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:16 pm
Location: Olathe, KS
Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby TheSyrupNugget » Fri May 08, 2015 8:31 pm

mancityfooty wrote:Another guilty pleasure? I like early KISS. 70's era only.

So, if I'm to understand correctly, it pulls the trigger of your...
LOOOOOOVE GUUUUUNNNNNNNNN
  • 7

User avatar
TheSyrupNugget
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:49 pm
Location: British Columba, Canada
Show rep
Title: Nugget of Syrup

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby AdricDePsycho » Fri May 08, 2015 9:36 pm

Andropov4 wrote:
NathanLoiselle wrote:
AdricDePsycho wrote:
NathanLoiselle wrote:I like Pink Floyd despite never taking LSD or any of it's derivatives. I like Portishead despite not being an emotionally disturbed fifteen year old girl. And I like Duran Duran ... that's it, I just like them.

Why is Pink Floyd a guilty pleasure? I fucking LOVE classic rock (even shitty glam metal!), but Pink Floyd a guilty pleasure? That's like calling Foreigner the greatest rock band of all time (THEY AREN'T EVEN IN THE TOP 40). The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon are two of my favorite albums, and if I was trapped on a deserted island with a record player, Dark Side would be there with me (along with Sgt. Pepper, Exile on Main Street, Who's Next, Van Halen, Machine Head, Paranoid, Appetite for Destruction, Ten, and Led Zeppelin IV).


The Wall and Darkside of the Moon are prog-rock. I like stuff like Atom Heart Mother, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and A Saucerful of Secrets. It's a prerequisite to do some LSD or the like when listening to those albums. And Echoes would make a great soundtrack to Call of Duty. :)


Objectively speaking, the best Pink Floyd album is Wish You Were Here. That's just how it is.


I like Wish You Were Here, but it has only 4 songs (counting the bookends of Shine On You Crazy Diamond as one track). Animals is in the same boat as WYWH (counting the bookends of Pigs on a Wing as one track). They both have incredibly long tracks that get boring as they keep going. I mean look at Dogs...17 DAMN MINUTES. I can't keep my attention to a song that long...also probably why I don't listen to super long prog rock (I've only listened to Supper's Ready by Genesis once. Great track, but I'm not doing it again).
  • 2

We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
User avatar
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:31 pm
Location: Marianna, Florida
Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby sunglasses » Fri May 08, 2015 9:50 pm

I love eating croutons. Like, really love it. I will crack a bag open and just start munching. So much better than chips.
  • 8

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
User avatar
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator
 
Posts: 11541
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby DoglovingJim » Sat May 09, 2015 2:10 pm

OrangeEyebrows wrote:I think that might just enrage me in a bad way. The best train wrecks are when it's over something completely trivial. Like, both sides agree that Dean is boning Sam, but they're furiously debating whether it started in season four or season five and BITCH IT WAS CLEARLY SEASON FOUR I WILL CUT YOU*.

* For example. I've not watched much of Supernatural so I have no idea who's boning whom, I just enjoy watching people froth at the mouth about it.


Uh... weren't they brothers?


Brothers don't bone each other, they bone each others girlfriends and then get in giant arguments or fights when the other finds out.
  • 3

Image

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
User avatar
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 am
Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest