Not So Guilty Pleasures

Discussion, in general

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby AboveGL » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:23 am

I have to admit, I like reading some YouTube comments (though not on certain trigger topics like being transgender). Aside people repeating a funny joke out of context and that one guy who tries desperately to look smart by posting in videos about creationism and getting his facts wrong, there are funny, informative and original comments too.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Don't worry Daboujti Dan. I also like The Bloodhound Gang. But I won't admit it if asked.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Australia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:51 pm

Lucky for the three of us, I have no shame.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Bromo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Yaoi is love; yaoi is life.

There's also a donut shop the other side of town where I live, and occasionally my mother would buy a dozen donuts, and I'd hog about half the box.

Last edited by Bromo on Sat May 09, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"I spent a good 20 minutes searching for my glasses, when I realized I was seeing a bit too well.

Then I reached for my face and there were they." --Toy, 2016

The Pokémon master formerly known as Kevin Durant.
Bromo
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Token Homo

Postby Bromo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:34 pm

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Count me in with the "likes The Big Bang Theory" gang. I also love me some cryptids and ghosties and unsolved mysteries.

Don't get me started on The Big Bang. Personally, I'm not a big fan, but my mom is a huge fan of it. She used to put it on before she went to bed to help get some sleep since she already knew every single line to almost all of the episodes. :lol:

"I spent a good 20 minutes searching for my glasses, when I realized I was seeing a bit too well.

Then I reached for my face and there were they." --Toy, 2016

The Pokémon master formerly known as Kevin Durant.
Bromo
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Token Homo

Postby gorillathehun » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:43 am

I like to read the comments on Yahoo News articles. It's like stepping into a bizarre alternate reality where everything is a conspiracy and I've learned a lot there. For example, did you know that every recent story about unarmed black men being killed by police is a conspiracy by the Obama administration to instigate the coming race war?

"Negative. I am a meat popsicle." - Corbin Dallas
gorillathehun
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby Sybyll Adastra » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:58 am

I like to read blog posts about other people's research and watch uneducated annoying people claim to know better than scientists. It makes me get so angry; it's better than caffeine.

Sybyll Adastra
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:02 am

On a similar note, I like to watch train-crash drama on the internet. The more furious everyone gets, the better. Shipping wars, for example. Especially if there are overblown comparisons to real-life trauma, claims of being triggered, dramatic flounces and/or a pseuicide or two.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:18 am

I confess, the TV series According To Jim.

Except when that stupid wife comes and ruins everything, he should have bought a dog instead.

But then yet again that's why I like the film K-9

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:28 am

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Count me in with the "likes The Big Bang Theory" gang. I also love me some cryptids and ghosties and unsolved mysteries.

What's wrong with researching cryptids and unsolved mysteries and the paranormal in general?

I never felt guilty with that hobby...

At the least this hobby taught me how to say "goat-sucker" in Spanish and that's pretty cool.

Yeah... I was really into that sort of thing, especially when x-files was just starting and that regained my interest in the paranormal.

On my bucket list actually is to go on a road trip with my dog to all these places in Australia where they had cryptid sightings, like the Bunyip or Yowie.

Actually with the knowledge I have on cryptids I wonder if I should ever take the time to write an article on them, of course though it would be difficult since I'm not really funny and almost completely void of humour and most of the people who know me in real life say that I'm the most pessimistic and depressing person they ever met.

But still, all this knowledge would go to waste if I die before passing on the torch.

Last edited by DoglovingJim on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:33 am

Honestly I don't think anyone on this thread should feel guilty about their "guilty pleasures". Much of the time it's playful stuff rather than serious stuff, or things that elicit emotion rather than SRS thought.

I wrote my MA thesis on this. It argued that art (specifically literature) is doing it's job if it frightens, exhilerates or arouses just as well as if it provokes thought.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby JamishT » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:03 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:Actually with the knowledge I have on cryptids I wonder if I should ever take the time to write an article on them, of course though it would be difficult since I'm not really funny and almost completely void of humour and most of the people who know me in real life say that I'm the most pessimistic and depressing person they ever met.

But still, all this knowledge would go to waste if I die before passing on the torch.

Write that crap masterpiece!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby EstebanColberto » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:43 pm

AdricDePsycho wrote:I like RWBY (I still think the writing, while clichéd, is actually pretty good. Some times you need a little cliché), My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and Godzilla movies (mainly the original Showa movies). Oh, and I like The Big Bang Theory (FUCK YOUR NERD BLACKFACE ACCUSATIONS).

Big Bang Theory isn't nerd blackface. This is nerd blackface.

Get it!? Cause he's a nerd and he has a-I'll show myself out now.

EstebanColberto
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby DjiboutiDan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:51 pm

JamishT wrote:
DoglovingJim wrote:Actually with the knowledge I have on cryptids I wonder if I should ever take the time to write an article on them, of course though it would be difficult since I'm not really funny and almost completely void of humour and most of the people who know me in real life say that I'm the most pessimistic and depressing person they ever met.

I agree. If you're worried about the humor then write up an article, hand it to someone else, and ask them to insert jokes.

Carrie wrote:But I suspect Dan will figure it out, because Dan’s apparently magic.
DjiboutiDan
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Bilge Rat

Postby EstebanColberto » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:18 pm

DjiboutiDan wrote:
JamishT wrote:

I agree. If you're worried about the humor then write up an article, hand it to someone else, and ask them to insert jokes.

One of the main reasons I've never written anything for Cracked is cause of the list format everyone is supposed to conform to. As much as I enjoy reading lists, I'm not that great at writing them. Sometimes I read list articles, and it's pretty clear they really wanted to write about one thing and that thing is always number one. When I see a thing I want to write about, I immediately try to think of 4 other things that loosely relate to it and can't come up with anything. So my article about "White Man's Burden" just sits on the backburner while I snatch up stories about ethnic minorities being not so smart as white people. I could've made my case earlier, but I have to sit and wait while 4 other stories confirm my white supremacist bias before I move on to have my article rejected by the communists that are in control of Cracked.com.

EstebanColberto
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

PreviousNext