Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:50 am

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Re: Not So Guilty Pleasures

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:13 am

Taking LSD with the Prog-rock seems like it'd be boring. But being crazy and listening to the psychedelic one is awesome.

I didn't answer your question did I?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby SilverMaple » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:47 am

Aside from the occasional cheesy happy pop song, I really like The Sims, and watching "let's play" videos by certain people (for example, the guy who did "kill everything that moves" playthroughs of the newer Fallout games). I also have a weakness for a select few reality shows, most notably Canada's Worst Driver. There's just something about the combination of the host and the completely batty people they manage to find that makes it incredibly entertaining.

And Youtube poop, because it appeals to that part of my sense of humour that never matured past 12.

Bert wrote:The best part of my job is fistfighting an 8 year old every day.

//Friend come and go, like the wave in the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on our face.\\
SilverMaple
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Nerd of a Feather

Postby Gendry » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:04 am

One of my personal "guilty" pleasures would have to be Game of Thrones. Shocker, I know

"Sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
Gendry
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep
Title: King of the Andals

Postby PSTN » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:14 am

SilverMaple wrote:Aside from the occasional cheesy happy pop song, I really like The Sims, and watching "let's play" videos by certain people (for example, the guy who did "kill everything that moves" playthroughs of the newer Fallout games). I also have a weakness for a select few reality shows, most notably Canada's Worst Driver. There's just something about the combination of the host and the completely batty people they manage to find that makes it incredibly entertaining.

And Youtube poop, because it appeals to that part of my sense of humour that never matured past 12.

There's nothing wrong with Canada's Worst Driver. In fact, watching Andrew Younghusband get increasingly frustrated with the contestants season after season is half the fun.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby Ceiling_Squid » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:27 am

Phil Collins.

God help me, I like Phil Collins. Maybe not all of his work, but enough.

Seanbaby would be ashamed of me.

Ceiling_Squid
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:29 am

You're not alone. And on that note I also really love cheesy Christmas songs, up to and including Heal the World.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby ShuaiGuy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:02 am

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:09 am

I've been rewatching TOS as research for the kitschy sci-fi thing I'm writing, and in modern terms it's completely terrible. Actually, not terrible but unrelatable. It's not the wooden acting or the polystyrene scenery, it's that fifty years later (yes, really) the whole thing seems incredibly naive.

OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:37 am

How dare you insult TOS's good name sir! I challenge you to a duel! A duel I say! Huzzah!

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:38 am

Choose your weapons, sir.

OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby skooma » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:44 am

Hollywood formula action, like anything from Tony Scott or Michael Mann, bleeding into campy, like Payback.

Also I have Michael Dorn's autograph on my Klingon dictionary (and he smiled at me, out of the whole line!), not really about TOS either, still need to give Enterprise a chance. I think too many people didn't for the same reason they had trouble adjusting to J.J. Abrams Trek movies, sure it was confusing at first, but now they're some of my favorites, and I'm tired of hearing about the change, deal with it.

Are we seriously not supposed to like stupid-funny gaming/mods videos? Those too then.

Skooma seems the type of person to chase me down and force me at gun point to receive their encomium with good graces. ~Jack Road

* I got caught in the crossfire of one of skooma's fucking frisbees ~Sister Morphine
skooma
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: The Lightning

Postby PSTN » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:01 am

OrangeEyebrows wrote:I've been rewatching TOS as research for the kitschy sci-fi thing I'm writing, and in modern terms it's completely terrible. Actually, not terrible but unrelatable. It's not the wooden acting or the polystyrene scenery, it's that fifty years later (yes, really) the whole thing seems incredibly naive.

George Bernard Shaw wrote:The man who writes about himself and his own time is the only man who writes about all people and about all time.

I think a good addendum to this principal would be that the man who writes about another time invariably ends up writing about his own time.

I never really got into TOS, and I think it's because it's about the future of the sixties, not the future of today. Especially since they kept being like "a black/russian/asian/woman/whatever person on the bridge crew! Isn't that craaazy?!"

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby ShuaiGuy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:03 am

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby SilverMaple » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:03 am

PSTN wrote:
There's nothing wrong with Canada's Worst Driver. In fact, watching Andrew Younghusband get increasingly frustrated with the contestants season after season is half the fun.

And there's going to be another season this fall. If I ever see the guy in real life, I'm going to give him a hug and tell him that everything is going to be alright. And that he's completely awesome.

skooma wrote:

Are we seriously not supposed to like stupid-funny gaming/mods videos? Those too then.

Anyone who doesn't at least chuckle at videos like this is immediately under suspicion of not having a sense of humour.

Bert wrote:The best part of my job is fistfighting an 8 year old every day.

//Friend come and go, like the wave in the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on our face.\\
SilverMaple
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Nerd of a Feather

PreviousNext