The New Phonebook is Here!

Discussion, in general

Re: The New Phonebook is Here!

Postby HarpingCarp » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:58 am

DamianaRaven wrote:Here's another of those oddly saticiting (satisfying + exciting, that is) moments for me: seeing that a post has nine upvotes and being the one who flips on the green highlight. I love that feeling!

I love doing that too! I'm afraid I need to wait for 5 more upvotes to upvote your comment.

Consequently, I get a HUGE kick out of giving users their 100th, 500th, 1000th, 1500th or 2000th point. Infact I stalk users close to these milestones. I'm sorry. I... I have a problem.

That's right: Tesseracts, Kate, Lindvaettr, D-Logan (got him), Eternauta, OrangeEyebrows, Australia, PuceWarrior, Lachaise, electricflamingo, phreestyle, JugularNotch, Penguinetta, Qinglong and DamianaRaven.

I'm watching.

Kate threatened me to take it down. I need an adult.

Spoiler: show
<Kateness> Carp
<Kateness> Change your damn sig.
<Kateness> Hate Week's over
<Kateness> I swear to God I'll start editing links to your indiscretion with a pirate, in everything.
HarpingCarp
In The Soul Stone
In The Soul Stone

Show rep
Title: The Carpfather

Postby Rebo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:17 pm

I just gave Kate her 1,000 just to spite you. Muwhahahaha.

Fuck you, I'm Mayor.
Rebo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby D-LOGAN » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:22 pm

HarpingCarp wrote:Consequently, I get a HUGE kick out of giving users their 100th, 500th, 1000th, 1500th or 2000th point. Infact I stalk users close to these milestones. I'm sorry. I... I have a problem.

That's right: Tesseracts, Kate, Lindvaettr, D-Logan (got him), Eternauta, OrangeEyebrows, Australia, PuceWarrior, Lachaise, electricflamingo, phreestyle, JugularNotch, Penguinetta, Qinglong and DamianaRaven.

I'm watching.

All I can say is, when it was my time for him to do it, he was very gentle. He made that sh*t special.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby Rebo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Glassjaw Girl wrote:I like it when I switch the Shuffle On on my iPod and the first song it plays is one of my favorites. I think it's pretty cool that out of all the songs in it, it happens to play a much-loved tune.

I love blowing bubbles.

I love being called bubbles.

BOOM!

Fuck you, I'm Mayor.
Rebo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby HarpingCarp » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Rebo wrote:I just gave Kate her 1,000 just to spite you. Muwhahahaha.

GODDA- No. You're dead to me, Rebo.

My name is Harpingus Carpelus Tonius, Admin of the Armies of TCS, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor. Father to a lost thumb, husband to a murdered wife (I can't really peg that on you, but still).

And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Kate threatened me to take it down. I need an adult.

Spoiler: show
<Kateness> Carp
<Kateness> Change your damn sig.
<Kateness> Hate Week's over
<Kateness> I swear to God I'll start editing links to your indiscretion with a pirate, in everything.
HarpingCarp
In The Soul Stone
In The Soul Stone

Show rep
Title: The Carpfather

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:06 pm

HarpingCarp wrote:
Rebo wrote:I just gave Kate her 1,000 just to spite you. Muwhahahaha.

GODDA- No. You're dead to me, Rebo.

My name is Harpingus Carpelus Tonius, Admin of the Armies of TCS, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor. Father to a lost thumb, husband to a murdered wife (I can't really peg that on you, but still).

And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Carp. My name is Doodlesnickers. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Rebo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Fuck you, I'm Mayor.
Rebo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Glassjaw Girl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Rebo wrote:
Glassjaw Girl wrote:I like it when I switch the Shuffle On on my iPod and the first song it plays is one of my favorites. I think it's pretty cool that out of all the songs in it, it happens to play a much-loved tune.

I love blowing bubbles.

I love being called bubbles.

BOOM!

GODDAMN IT REBO!

I'm keeping the gif of the cat because it is cute.

Glassjaw Girl
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Communications Commander

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:33 pm

I made microwave toffee today, and it turned out just right, which it almost never does. I'm sucking the last of it now.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby 52xMax » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Getting samples of fabric softener on the mail

I sing to the radio on my car. So whenever I'm at a stop sign and I see someone else doing that I just smile. I love it that most of the times they'll feel so self-conscious that they'll stop. Me, on the other hand will start singing to their faces (I'm just glad they can't actually hear me 'cause I suck), but the coolest thing on the world is when they start singing back (if we're listening to the same station), and for only a couple of seconds we share a moment with a complete stranger until the light turns green. That just lightens up my day.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Whenever I cover something with clingfilm, I try and pull it completely smooth. If it works, you can hold the container so that the light hits it just right, and it doesn't look like there's clingfilm on it at all. I feel an irrational level of satisfaction about this.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Sekhmet » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:03 am

I am so happy when my crazy cat purrs when I pet her. I irritate her by existing but sometimes when no one is around, and we are in 1 of 2 specific rooms in the house she likes me.

Otherwise she is an excellent attack cat.

So remember, If the women don’t find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy. –Red Green
Sekhmet
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby ButtChocolate » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Oh! Oh! I got one from today!

I love it when I can see some jackass in my rearview mirror weaving in and out of the lanes on the highway 20 or so MPH above the speed limit, cutting people off and driving wrecklessly- and then they come upon me and I can casually slip up alongside a truck and just stick this dude behind a moving wall for a while. I love to watch them change lanes behind me and the truck, anticipating which one of us is going to give ground first. They eventually find a way to pass, and I wave goodbye excitedly like an infantile adult or lobotomy patient with a big dopey smile on my face and my wrist flapping on a hinge.

The REAL bonus comes though when I inevitably get off at the next exit and wouldn't ya know it: there they are, sitting at the light. It's the absolute best time to roll up beside them, crank the disco station on the radio, and lip-sync Donna Summer songs at them until they peel out at the green. One time- and it's only happened once and I'll treasure the memory forever- I got to do it three times/lights in a row to the same Fast & Furious street-racer car all the way down a long road. It was the Bee Gees playing however, but I went one step beyond lip-syncing and actually joined Barry Gibb in a falsetto duet of Night Fever. It also helps to have a shit car when you do this, to rub even more salt in the wound.

EDIT: (Not to say that Barry Gibb drives a shit car, just that YOU should have one when attempting this in order to embarrass that jerkoff street racer. I don't actually know what Barry Gibb drives. Probably something pretty nice, though. Probably has an open hood with a bushel of chest hair protruding from it, and gold medallions hanging from the rear view.)

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby Peryite » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:36 pm

I thought of one of these just this morning.

I really like the moment at the end of organizing, the moment to kick back in the newly neat room, and you look around and think 'That'll do, house. That'll do.'

Peryite
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Post-Modernist

Postby gregfrankenstein » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:43 am

Oh boy, an upgrade to the Linux kernel!

I'm so alone.

gregfrankenstein
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin