The New Phonebook is Here!

Discussion, in general

Re: The New Phonebook is Here!

Postby Overlord Moo » Sat May 11, 2013 11:04 am

I always get a kick out of whenever I predict the next song that plays on my iPod. I'll think "oh [insert song] would be nice to listen to" or I hear the opening riffs in my head. Then, lo and behold, the song plays like the iPod can read my mind. Don't worry, I promise to only use this power for my own nefarious purposes for the greater good.

6:54 Bert: Moo is so cool he wishes he could be someone else just so he could better understand what it is like to live in a world with Overlord Moo in it
9:46:06 PM GG If Moo goes oh my I know it means bad
<Strant> wig+wonderbra+Strant=Deeno
Overlord Moo
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Stolen Thunder

Postby Mr Dent » Sun May 12, 2013 6:55 am

When you're in a shop deciding between two items, let's say books, you umm and ahh, you know you have too many books already so you decide there can be only one. So you finally pull the trigger on one, get it home, open it up and you realise it was a glorious decision.
Cooking a tasty meal. I suck at cooking, so one day when I cooked this barramundi with lime and chilli marinade when me and some buddies had a BBQ and it was incredible, I nearly fell over.
Music. It puts a smile on my face for a zillion reasons.
Remembering something. You know when you're in bed agonising and losing sleep over remembering something, your brain flashes over so many possible answers but none are right so you're about to give up, and BAM it hits you. Bliss.

Mr Dent
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Learned Nand » Fri May 31, 2013 2:30 am

Excuse the necro, but I have the perfect post for this thread:

In the original 8-track of some Journey album, the song "Anytime" came exactly one beat after "Feeling that way". Unfortunately, because they're separate songs, on the radio and with the advent of iPods and Pandora, you rarely hear the songs in sequence. This is sort of odd for my dad because every time he hears "Feeling that way" he expects "Anytime" one beat later. He's been telling me about this for years.

Well just this last week we each heard, on the radio, "Feeling that way" and "Anytime" played in exactly the right order with the right pause in between. This makes up for all the times that Pandora plays "we will rock you" and doesn't follow it up with "we are the champions". Let's just make sure nobody splits up Boston's "Foreplay / Long Time"

Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Click for a Limerick
OrangeEyebrows wrote:There once was a guy, Aviel,
whose arguments no one could quell.
He tested with Turing,
his circuits fried during,
and now we'll have peace for a spell.
Learned Nand
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Auditor of Reality

Postby MuteAnt » Fri May 31, 2013 6:33 am

Possibly the greatest moment of my life happened when I found a Dip and Squeeze® packet of ketchup on my bag of McDonald's. You know which one I'm talking about, right? The one you can dip your fries in? Anyway, greatest invention of the last century, no contest. Whoever came up with that should get a Nobel Prize or something because that thing is genius. I saw it, and I swear the heavenly gates opened and a choir of angels hailed hallelujah.
When I returned a few days later, giddy with the anticipation of dipping my fries, I was told the packets were gone. It had only been a mistake in the order, they said, here's a plain old packet, they told me...

It was a sad day indeed.

May contain peanuts.
MuteAnt
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Stompopolos » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 am

I got a really big thing for new games, it's fuckin' weird.

Seeing it there in my Steam library, just waiting to be installed. Or breathing that new game smell in deep as I gently pull open the shrink wrap. Opening the box up, stroking the brand new game manual, inserting the DVD into the disc drive, so gently, oh yeeeeeeeaaah.

There I was - pitch black, alone! It was the Devil's birthday in Cambodia, and I was bare-assed and hopped up on some jungle mushroom.
Stompopolos
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Let's see...
Palindromes, as was already mentioned
Palindromic numbers on a digital clock
A hug from a friend (or hot acquaintance)
The reaction to a kind thing I did (attractiveness is also a plus)
Giving money away to friends I know could use it
The smell of a new book/board game/anything really
Seeing someone wear John Deere gear
Baking/cooking successfully
Sleeping in (I can only do it once a week!)
Being alone

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby JamesT » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:35 am

When someone doesn't mace me for talking to them? That's a good day.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby El Coyote » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:43 am

For the past few days, I've been looking for the 3:10 to Yuma soundtrack to buy it. I know I can get it from Youtube, but I want to buy so I can have the cleanest version available and so I can give the money to its rightful owners! I searched for it on iTunes, but to no avail. I gave up, but then someone told me that if I changed from iTunes Mexico to iTunes USA, maybe I could find it there. And I did! ¡Ajuuuua!!

There once was a guy called Coyote
Whose voice was a dose of peyote
His smooth mellow tones
Caused such flutters and moans
That the chat got all rapt and emote-y
- OrangeEyebrows

The Second Part of the Western Epic by El Coyote and JamesT
El Coyote
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Son of the Desert

Postby LaoWai » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:22 am

Finding out that there's someone else who likes getting money to the "rightful owners" of creative works put a smile on my face. I do the same with bands I like, especially if it's a small label. (Hell, I'll wait months just to be able to listen to an actual CD of something like Puscifer.)

It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 美国的白痴

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:04 am

D-LOGAN wrote:As far as I'm concerned there's only so much sex in the world

You're either misinformed or full of shit. I have an infinite supply of sex, and I am but one in 6.5 billion. I'd throw you some, but since we're friends I wouldn't want to burden you with the outrage of knowing I got laid.

Ladybugs are my phone book. I can't spot a ladybug anywhere without dropping everything to crawl around and watch it. Having one actually land on me feels like winning the lottery on Christmas morning!

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby JeremyNicholas » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:41 am

Smiling at a stranger who smiles back.
Original dunkaroos.
Being punctual. (I'm never on time for anything)
The smell of rain.

This is all too much trouble.
JeremyNicholas
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Learned Nand » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:43 am

DamianaRaven wrote:

You're either misinformed or full of shit. I have an infinite supply of sex, and I am but one in 6.5 billion. I'd throw you some, but since we're friends I wouldn't want to burden you with the outrage of knowing I got laid.

Ladybugs are my phone book. I can't spot a ladybug anywhere without dropping everything to crawl around and watch it. Having one actually land on me feels like winning the lottery on Christmas morning!

Really? In my experience, there's no sex, but whatever you say.

Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Click for a Limerick
OrangeEyebrows wrote:There once was a guy, Aviel,
whose arguments no one could quell.
He tested with Turing,
his circuits fried during,
and now we'll have peace for a spell.
Learned Nand
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Auditor of Reality

Postby D-LOGAN » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:03 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:

That's very gracious of you, I only wish others would learn from your example, but alas humanity continues to refuse to put My needs before the needs of everyone everywhere. Don't worry though, I've got a long memory, their time will come ....

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:29 am

Here's another of those oddly saticiting (satisfying + exciting, that is) moments for me: seeing that a post has nine upvotes and being the one who flips on the green highlight. I love that feeling!

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Nostraa » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:27 am

In art class I used my pallet knife cause I didn't have a small enough brush. I think I will do all my painting with knives from now on.
*skips away in glee*

Nostraa
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: The Beast of Reflection

PreviousNext