Strange Encounters

Discussion, in general

Strange Encounters

Postby Merry Jane » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:54 am

I--------

Last edited by Merry Jane on Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merry Jane
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Re: Strange Encounters

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 am

At college, I usually wait to be picked up in the theatre arts building, and, last semester there was a guy who, every day, would sniff a bench for about 40 minutes and chuckle to himself.

When I was at SacAnime about 2 months ago, while I was waiting in line for a Peter Cullen panel, there was this creepy guy with a speech impediment who got rather...........enticed by an Officer Jenny crossplayer that happened to be passing by. He was excitedly shouting "Tw-tw-twanssexual!" and frantically started taking pictures.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby RainyDays » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:22 pm

I once saw a man riding a bicycle down a busy street -- with a live iguana sitting calmly on his head.

RainyDays
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep

Postby Australia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Merry Jane wrote:My older sister had a Barney doll that she said started cussing. She then absolutely swears that her friend and her took out the batteries and it kept on talking.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby cmsellers » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:58 pm

I once pulled into a parking lot in a nearby city, and as I approached the box where you pay and get a slip, I saw a bum standing there.

He blocked access to the machine and introduced himself: "Hi, I'm Mr. Asshole. How long are you going to be here?"

"Half an hour," I responded, as I tried to decide whether to find another place to park. He reached into his pocket, put some money in the ticket box, and handed me a slip for half an hour later.

"I'm Mr. Asshole," he said again, "I don't want nothing from you; I just want people to have a nice day."

David Wong wrote:7. "But this is the last non-terrible forum on the internet! The rest are full of trolls and Nazis!"

That's just not true at all.
cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Arakiven » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Alright, get this. I once found a website that was based off of a community started in another websites comment section! Isn't that the weirdest thing!?! Nothing good can be found in the comment section of any website!
What's even better is that one of them claimed that my bench sniffing habits were weird!

Arakiven
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor

Show rep
Title: The Sayer of Things

Postby SilverMaple » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Well, if I went over all the strange things I've come across on the Internet, this post would be about 6 pages long, but I saw something when I was 10 or so that still crosses my mind every now and then and makes me wonder.

It was a cool, cloudy day and my sister and I were playing in the back yard. We were running around, pretending to be dinosaurs or whatever, when I saw a flash of bright orange out of the corner of my eye. I looked up, and about fifty feet over the house, there was this neon orange, flattened sphere looking thing, probably four feet in diameter. It appeared to be spinning rapidly, and was moving slowly across the sky.

I yelled at my sister to stop running, and pointed at the thing. She stopped dead in her tracks and stared at it too, and we both stood there in silence for a minute or two, watching this thing and not sure of what to do. Eventually, we snapped out of it and started yelling for our mom to come outside. She was busy making dinner, and not particularly happy to be interrupted, so by the time she came outside, the orange thing was hidden from view behind the trees, and when we told her about it, she dismissed it as being a stray balloon.

It was a long time ago, and I guess kids' imaginations can sometimes run wild, but I can remember it pretty clearly, and it was most definitely not a helium balloon - it moved in a straight line across the sky, was too big, and was the wrong shape. To this day, I still wonder what the hell it might have been.

Bert wrote:The best part of my job is fistfighting an 8 year old every day.

//Friend come and go, like the wave in the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on our face.\\
SilverMaple
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Nerd of a Feather

Postby MisterKrinkle » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Okay, so a around a year ago I was working as a busboy at this restaurant in Texas (go figure). I was helping one of the dishpigs take the trash out, and we saw this cowboy looking motherfucker roaming around the alley talking to himself but I didn't think anything of it (Texas!). So back inside I go, wash my hands and such and such, I head back out front and I see Mr. Crazy Cowboy sitting on the bench by the entrance. Next thing I know he pulls a baggie out and dumps what I assume to be meth into his hands. He then proceeds to snort it, and immediately starts sneezing crystals all over the place.

But of course, being a meth head, he tries to collect all of his drug laced snot in his hands and shovel it down his throat. At this point some common sense in his methamphetamine riddled brain suddenly appears and urges him to go outside. Eventually my manager shows up to see what in the actual fuck is happening, and decides he should probably tell this guy he has to leave or my manager will be forced to call the police. While this ultimatum is being decided upon, our friendly neighborhood meth-head is outside stuck in what is apparently an endless cycle of sneezing and gobbling up. After a (surprisingly brief) discussion , Mr. meth-head decides that being busted for a felony doesn't fit into his Sunday afternoon schedule and takes off.

Meth, not even once.

Stay classy
MisterKrinkle
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Chef Krinkle

Postby AveryGlendale » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:27 am

At some point in my life while doing a Wikipedia Walk (in which you take one step into Wikipedia and come out several hours later from pages that had nothing to do with what you originally looked up) I happened across a list of recorded cases in which a man's penis had been forcibly removed from his body and and a brief description on how the deed was done (not surprisingly, 90% of the cases stated, "With a Knife".) While trying to prove to a friend that the page on the subject had existed, it was gone, and to this day, I still cannot find it.

Last edited by AveryGlendale on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SQUAAAAAAK
AveryGlendale
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep
Title: Starship Captain(?)

Postby Learned Nand » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:55 am

One time the radio mentioned Rob Pardo. I know of one Rob Pardo. It was that one. Usually when people mention things that happen to coincide with more specific knowledge I have, it is just that; a coincidence.

Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Click for a Limerick
OrangeEyebrows wrote:There once was a guy, Aviel,
whose arguments no one could quell.
He tested with Turing,
his circuits fried during,
and now we'll have peace for a spell.
Learned Nand
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Auditor of Reality

Postby 52xMax » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:20 am

There was that time I was invited to join a cult. And that time I went to some sort of "self-help" seminary my mom forced me into, which turned out to be very cultish so I ran away at the first chance I got. And of course, the time I was approached on the street seemingly at random by a couple of very cute girls who asked me to follow them into what I can only venture to guess was either a cult or an orgy, but I had to decline, on account of having been stung twice before by similar proposals. Chances are it was probably some sort of organized scam and I would've woken up the next day on a motel bathtub missing my kidneys... but maybe it would've been worth it (they were very cute girls!), I guess I'll never know.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:35 pm

AveryGlendale wrote:At some point in my life while doing a Wikipedia Walk ... I happened across a list of recorded cases in which a man's penis had been forcibly removed from his body and and a brief description on how the deed was done (not surprisingly, 90% of the cases stated, "With a Knife". While trying to prove to a friend that the page on the subject had existed, it was gone, and to this day, I still cannot find it.

You discovered that list by accident? Most of us discovered it - or if not, very similar page - because of a Cracked article some time ago. The most reliable way to find it was (I can't check if it's still there or still findable that way because I'm at work) to google the phrase 'attach razor blades to his cock' (without quotes).

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:48 pm

CarrieVS wrote:
AveryGlendale wrote:At some point in my life while doing a Wikipedia Walk ... I happened across a list of recorded cases in which a man's penis had been forcibly removed from his body and and a brief description on how the deed was done (not surprisingly, 90% of the cases stated, "With a Knife". While trying to prove to a friend that the page on the subject had existed, it was gone, and to this day, I still cannot find it.

You discovered that list by accident? Most of us discovered it - or if not, very similar page - because of a Cracked article some time ago. The most reliable way to find it was (I can't check if it's still there or still findable that way because I'm at work) to google the phrase 'attach razor blades to his cock' (without quotes).

Isn't it the "Penis removal" page? Using Ctrl+F I found that it mentions the word "knife" 24 times, and mentions at least two cases involving razors.

James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener

Postby cmsellers » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:18 pm

52xMax wrote:And of course, the time I was approached on the street seemingly at random by a couple of very cute girls who asked me to follow them into what I can only venture to guess was either a cult or an orgy, but I had to decline, on account of having been stung twice before by similar proposals. Chances are it was probably some sort of organized scam and I would've woken up the next day on a motel bathtub missing my kidneys... but maybe it would've been worth it (they were very cute girls!), I guess I'll never know.

That reminds me of the time in Turkey when I went to my favorite restaurant, and they introduced me to a girl who was fairly cute, but looked like she could have been anywhere from 14 to 24 in age. She says to me in very clear English: "I want to fuck you," while the people at the restaurant smiled at me.

Since I wasn't sure she was 18, and since I'm a socially awkward virgin, I got out of there very quickly. As I walked away, I realized that chances were she was over 18. But chances also were that either she was a prostitute, was after a green card, didn't know what those words meant, or else she meant to say "I want to fuck with you."

I also wonder about the guys at the restaurant. They don't speak a word of English, so I'm sure that they didn't understand the words she said. But they might well have understood the sentiment behind them. Considering that I tipped well and these are macho-men who kept inviting me duck hunting, I wonder as I write this whether that girl was in fact a prostitute, one whom they told about this big-spending American she should meet.

David Wong wrote:7. "But this is the last non-terrible forum on the internet! The rest are full of trolls and Nazis!"

That's just not true at all.
cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby AveryGlendale » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:20 pm

Edgar Cabrera wrote:
CarrieVS wrote:You discovered that list by accident? Most of us discovered it - or if not, very similar page - because of a Cracked article some time ago. The most reliable way to find it was (I can't check if it's still there or still findable that way because I'm at work) to google the phrase 'attach razor blades to his cock' (without quotes).

Isn't it the "Penis removal" page? Using Ctrl+F I found that it mentions the word "knife" 24 times, and mentions at least two cases involving razors.

Maize had messaged me about that page, to which I replied:
AveryGlendale wrote:Yes and no. Originally, the list was its own separate page, but it would seem at some point they got merged. I didn't know that happened, though, because when the list was first removed there was no list on the original.

Thanks for finding it, though!

I never got around to checking the subject again though, so thanks to you two for fulfilling my burning curiosity on the subject of removed penises.

SQUAAAAAAK
AveryGlendale
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep
Title: Starship Captain(?)

Next