The Tea and Coffee Thread (Previously TEA!)

Discussion, in general

Re: The Tea and Coffee Thread (Previously TEA!)

Postby Marcuse » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:29 am

When I went to my in laws' place for Christmas, they'd kindly sourced a packet of Lapsang Souchong, which is lovely. I'd never have expected that someone would come up with the idea to smoke tea leaves before selling them, and I'd never have thought that the flavour would actually be really pleasant. Of course, Kate will still judge me for not being a true warrior, but I like my tea with milk dammit, it's the one thing I can still do as a Brit that gives me a semblance of identity!

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:39 am

Smoked things usually are pleasant, Marc. And yes, lapsang souchang is delicious; I believe I mentioned it in an earlier post.
Marcuse wrote:it's the one thing I can still do as a Brit that gives me a semblance of identity!

If you need to feel properly British, can't you just hop over to India and start bossing people around?

cmsellers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Marcuse » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:15 am

cmsellers wrote:Smoked things usually are pleasant, Marc. And yes, lapsang souchang is delicious; I believe I mentioned it in an earlier post.
Marcuse wrote:it's the one thing I can still do as a Brit that gives me a semblance of identity!

If you need to feel properly British, can't you just hop over to India and start bossing people around?

Smoked things tend to be one of my migraine triggers, so I don't normally enjoy them that much XD

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Twistappel » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:52 am

JamishT wrote:Starbucks is awfulat chai.

Fixed it for you.

You say "New World Order" "communist echo chamber" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby LunarTeaHouse » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:15 am

Tea! I love tea. My favorites are Green and Earl Grey. I always use a splash of agave to sweeten it up a little. I drink probably at least three cups a day...

You can actually get one of those huge, industrial restaurant-sized boxes of green tea at Costco. It's pretty good tea, even has a little bit of loose matcha powder along with the tea bag itself, and it'll last you a good six months or so.

This is the most embarrassing piece of work since Clint Eastwood painted his wagon.
LunarTeaHouse
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Previous