TCS All-Nighters Club

Discussion, in general

Re: TCS All-Nighters Club

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:39 am

The car situation here has been... complicated, to say the least. Long story short, my brother-in-law has been borrowing his dad's car while his dad is away somewhere (he has also been looking for a car, but he hasn't found one yet). His dad will be coming by to pick the car up tomorrow, though, so my BIL needs me to go with him to his work tomorrow and take the car home (and who knows what will happen later on). He works an early shift, so I have to be up by 5:30 AM or so.

Naturally, this means I'm awake at twenty to two, and not even slightly tired.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Typical Michael » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:09 am

I work 10 hour days now. 4pm-2am. Who had this genius idea?

Oh. Me, that's right. It was me.

"Typical... Michael... is a ddddddddddddddddddddashing individual!!! *BC punches self in face*" - ButtChocolate

"I'm like Batman, but instead of helping people I'm awful." - CleverDick

"In fairness, I was the one who brought up the goats." - JamesT
Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: ThingMaster

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:57 am

It's almost 5 AM and I've had a small, but persistent, dry cough all night, and also it's just a bit too hot here. I actually have things to do tomorrow, so I hoped I'd be able to sleep at some point tonight, but it seems like that isn't happening.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:56 am

It's almost four. I have something almost more than five days overdue that I promised I'd get in about four hours ago. Since I missed the original deadline and the new one I set, I could go to bed. but I know that if I do that I won't be able to bring myself to submit it. I have trouble finishing and submitting things unless I'm dead tired, and I have other stuff I need to do this weekend. I'm currently being inconvenienced by an online PDF file that I'm using as a source not working, hence why I'm posting here. I may actually be up until the sun rises at this point, and there goes my sleep schedule.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:52 am

I couldn't sleep, and I ended up in a Youtube spiral that took me through, among other things) two videos about things in math (from the same channel) and a (neat, but wildly ineffective) rubber band-powered refrigerator.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:53 am

I would like to get up by 8:30 AM to help my sister and her husband with some stuff at their house (also I haven’t seen it yet, and I’m curious to know what it looks like). If I go to sleep now, I’ll get about three hours and forty minutes of sleep. I’m thinking that at least one of the things I just wrote isn’t going to happen.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 am

I'm awake at 4:14 which is over an hour later than usual. I just negotiated going to school on Fridays so I wish I could sleep. I'm physically ill and also emotionally disturbed by the way my parents treat me.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:32 am

I slept (more or less) fine last night, but was up until some obnoxiously late hour the night before (4:30ish, IIRC). I’m supposed to have a phone interview at 9 in the morning for a job that seems really promising. So naturally, I’m not tired. I expect I’ll be up at least another hour or two.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:28 am

epic bump

True, I’m posting this at only ~7:30 PM, but I couldn’t sleep at all last night, or when I came home from work today, and also not much the night before, either. I only hope I’ll sleep tonight, and not while I’m driving to or from work.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed May 27, 2020 4:29 pm

I accidentally purchased an album on discogs. I think I'll keep it.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:37 am

Well, this is a new low.

I haven't slept more than 3-4 hours a night in probably close to a week. For no reason. Tonight, despite taking a low-dose sleeping aid about half an hour ago that usually helps *and* listening to an entire episode of the podcast "Sleep With Me" (which also almost always works), I'm still awake.

Work (in ~5.5 hours, btw) is going to suuuuuuck.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Previous