Pet peeves

Discussion, in general

Re: Pet peeves

Postby Marcuse » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:28 pm

At the end of the day, my other peeve about words is when people prefix their sentences with "At the end of the day".

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby AboveGL » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Well, at the end of the day, it takes one to know one!

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:19 pm

At the end of the day its humbling to have lost faith in humanity since Twilight pooped all over my childhood.

Or something like that.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby AboveGL » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Yeah, it's a better love story than Twilight AHAHAHAHA!

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby pickledlightshow » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:00 am

hahaha!!! omg AboveGL you are so funny and original!!!!! I'm gonna go post that all over youtube!!!!!

pickledlightshow
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Post-Modernist

Postby JamishT » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:13 am

I hate hate HATE when the vid on Youtube drops from 480p or higher straight down to 144p. SO FREAKING GROSS!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Blackfish » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:26 am

You'd think that an Amish would be more accommodating towards videos that look like they were recorded with a potato.

Spoiler: show
But seriously, I agree. I know it's supposed to be an improvement over the video just stopping every few seconds for buffering, but I honestly don't know which is more annoying.

In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
Blackfish
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor

Show rep
Title: Holy Mop Master Race

Postby BobTheZombie » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:36 am

I'm going to say the little things are my biggest pet peeves, such as:

- People putting a disc from one game into the case of another game (or just generally leaving a disc out in the open to get all sticky and such).
- People with sticky hands touching my shit, especially children. My young cousin, who's about 5, went down my room before and started rubbing her hands on the door handle and other stuff. I had to get a wipe and rub everything down right away because the thought of my stuff all getting all sticky (there's a joke in there somewhere but I can't find it) horrifies me.
- The idea of people not washing their hands or having dirty hands (I really sound like such a clean freak right now). When you get introduced to someone and they cough into their hand just before they hold it out for a handshake, putting you in the awkward position of being unable to refuse them but also having a limp handshake due to your reluctance to grip their coughy hand.
- Unnecessary talking. Maybe it's just because I'm quite introverted but I believe if you don't have something worthy to say then don't start talking about nothing. Words are like a currency so why should you squander them? A prime example is sitting on the bus or waiting at the bus stop and initiating conversation with me, even though you know I have my ear phones in listening to music. The bus isn't coming for another 20 minutes yet you feel the need to awkwardly start a conversation about the weather or the recession, which lasts for like 30 seconds, then you remain silent until the bus comes. This makes me feel bad about putting my ear phones back in and also puts pressure on me to talk to you since the conversation ball is in my court.
- People. No particular group, just people in general. Acting like every event in their life is a significant event for everyone else, pretending that they're special even when they aren't. I see people watching reality shows and I really have to wonder what the attraction is. Real life is boring, so why would you watch other people being bored as well? Maybe I'm just being a bit of a sociopath.

...my God, I'm going to die alone, old and bitter in a room filled with jars of my own urine.

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!" - Virginia from Dragonzball P
BobTheZombie
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pessimistic Optimist

Postby Qinglong » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:54 am

BobTheZombie wrote:...my God, I'm going to die alone, old and bitter in a room filled with jars of my own urine.

Cheer up, mate! Here have a jar of my urine instead.

Man created logic and because of that was superior to it. Logic He gave unto me, but no more. The tool does not describe the designer. More than this I do not choose to say. More than this you have no need to know.
Qinglong
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Experienced Bystander

Postby Nullbert » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Nature has made me realise I have more pet peeves than I thought.
Moths: Stupid motherfuckers flying in through the window whenever the light's on.
Flies: Leave the door open for five seconds and there're twenty of these assholes roaming around and buzzing and never finding the way out.
Seagulls: They just shit on people. ASSHOLES!
Oh, and speaking of pet peeves, the dipshit next door who crushes cans, slams doors and communicates with his family through screaming rage. Whenever he does anything, it's loud and annoying and makes the dog start barking.
I'm just angry now, god damn it!

Nullbert
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: British Bastard

Postby NisiOptimum » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:18 pm

I used to have a hamster called Peeves.

Also people who derail threads to tell boring personal anecdotes. I hate those guys.

NisiOptimum
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Duke of Chrome

Postby MitchG.Robot » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:04 am

You can list these things endlessly, but a few would be

-Wasteful people:"this pear has a pin-sized dark spot on it, better throw it out!"

-Meaningless puns: I don't want to raise controversy here, but it just rubs me the wrong way when someone has absolutely nothing to add to the conversation but a tangentially relevant word. You know what I'm talking about

"That poor guy got attacked by a bear"

"I bet that was unBEARABLE!!!!"

Yeah. I get it. BEAR. Being mauled hurts. Maybe next time just keep quiet?

-When I introduce myself to someone and they have to bring up *that* song with my name in it (Caroline). I'm not going to say which one--I know several. Go ahead and fill in the blank...

EDIT: Okay, I have to cave since I'm sort of collecting them:

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
Roses - Outkast
Personal - Stars
Dissolve - Chemical Brothers (I only discovered this one when I got the album, so the song kind of made me jump)

Last edited by MitchG.Robot on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a bigot--lots of my friends are retarded.

This is just a picture of a pig
MitchG.Robot
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:30 am

Oh, I get that last one all the time. But the reason I loathe it so is because my name is not Caroline. There was a bit of a mix-up that resulted in me being registered as Caroline, when I was always intended to be called Carrie, and have always been called Carrie. There is one person on earth who I will tolerate calling me Caroline.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby D-LOGAN » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:27 pm

BobTheZombie wrote:I'm going to say the little things are my biggest pet peeves, such as:
People with sticky hands touching my shit, especially children.

Well quite frankly Bob-ster, if you're gonna be leaving your sh*t lying around, in those fancy buckets, all inviting looking and steamy in the open air ...... well, you've only got yourself to blame pal when people naturally come over for quick fondle of it. And come on, it's not like we don't wash our hands when we're finished. We're not barbarians!

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:09 pm

D-LOGAN wrote:sh*t

Since when have you become too elegant for undiluted profanity?

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

PreviousNext