Pet peeves

Discussion, in general

Pet peeves

Postby El Coyote » Fri May 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Everyone has them. Mine is when people keep texting when I'm with them. But not like checking your phone once in a while, I mean people who literally don't even look up and rather text than speak with real people. I'm right here dammit why do you want to keep talking to someone who is not physically present!

There once was a guy called Coyote
Whose voice was a dose of peyote
His smooth mellow tones
Caused such flutters and moans
That the chat got all rapt and emote-y
- OrangeEyebrows

The Second Part of the Western Epic by El Coyote and JamesT
El Coyote
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Son of the Desert

Re: Pet peeves

Postby ZekeThePlumber » Fri May 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Smelly people: I have an overly sensitive sense of smell. That being said I hate packed rush hour trains because the air is hot, humid and smelly.

Kate- I'll always be your backup singer, Zeke <3

A fetching young lady called Zeke
Was a terrible sex-obsessed freak
The up-to-date version
Of her latest perversion
Left her forum-mates shaken and weak- OrangeEyebrows
ZekeThePlumber
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Fri May 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Most primal mentalities-It's basically one of the many things I notice and rant on about that everyone else either takes for granted, accepts, or ignores. I just see how most traits are translated into the modern world, the results of which piss me off to no end.

Policies/regulations of certain establishments that expect you to know everything without knowing anything.

Also, the line "No, that place is dirty!" pisses me off for some reason. Don't know why, it just does.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby AboveGL » Fri May 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Pop evolutionary psychology, and social darwinism in a context i.e. using biological evolution to justify inequality and general shittiness. And anyone who treats these as cement.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Australia » Fri May 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Rebo.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby LaoWai » Fri May 03, 2013 9:57 pm

This might be a thing solely isolated to where I'm living, but guys who make a big point of walking faster than me, then crossing in front of me only to slow down to half my walking speed really get my goat. (This is at least a twice a day occurence for me.) I used to slow myself down, then wait for an oppotune moment to pass; however, now I just make my face as dead as I can and trod the hell out of their heels. When they turn around to curse me out, I just say, "Sorry, little friend, I didn't see you there." (It both helps and hurts that I'm a Brobdignagian living among Lilliputians; they try to outrace me because I'm a giant, but when I trod on their heels, they back off from confrontations because they're tiny.)

It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 美国的白痴

Postby Nostraa » Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 am

I hate it when people don't respect my disks. I take care of them and I don't want them to be held like frisbees in your greasy fingers! Also please for gods sake put them back in the folder where they came from. I hate it when they just place it on the shelf and forget about it. Hence I took my playstation from the living room... Among other reasons of course.
Other than that I guess I don't mind anything else... Oh wait. I am a horrible backseat driver when it comes to gaming. Unless it's two player than I don't care, but if it's one player I keep giving suggestions and advice when really everyone just wants to blow through the thing and skip the cutscenes. Sure whatever as long as it's your file I guess. Hate when they do it to my files though... Then they complain it's boring. *eye twitch*

Nostraa
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: The Beast of Reflection

Postby Cobra-D » Sat May 04, 2013 11:57 am

Australia wrote:Rebo.

Yeah, I can see how that would be possible. I feel your pain.

Overly nice people people bother me. Also that noise you make when sitting in polyester seat

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby bayonet » Sat May 04, 2013 5:22 pm

15 something (apparently) youtube commentators who like to brag about their outstanding capabilities of being able to listen to older music and or desire to live in an age they practically know nothing about...

Winner of meta-description contest by poll.

Having a point is over-rated.
bayonet
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sat May 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Liars. I'm related to a habitual liar and can't trust the words that come out of his mouth. Don't tell me you're going to do something and that I can rely on you if you're going to flush that sentiment away mere seconds later. And really don't go hyping this new thing you heard about that's so cool if I'm the one who told you days earlier and you want to deny it. "I'm the one who told you about that". "No you're not". "Really?".

People who think its acceptable to openly mock handicapped and/or retarded people. Yes we're all guilty of typing herr derr or saying that something is retarded and such but seeing someone in public who has an issue then mocking them behind their back or worse to their face makes me want to apply the "it will happen to your and yours" curse to them. I've seen this happen in public quite a few times and its usually teenagers. Proof positive the death penalty is an effective deterrent when it comes to me committing violent crime. I just end up hearing "Sorry Louie" by Eazy-E in my head and walking away because you can't reason with stupid.

Oh yeah. Other white people who think because nobody else is around its okay to say racist things to me and assuming I'm a also a Klan member.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby gregfrankenstein » Sat May 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Oh god. Let's try to keep this brief:

• Asymmetry
  • Unnecessarily open doors
  • Songs in incorrect keys
  • Most sources of light
  • Cups of coffee on which the lid is not aligned with the cup
  • Lengthy noises
  • Gender roles
  • Incorrect uses of "awhile"
  • Facebook posts that neglect to consult Snopes
  • Germans

Sorry; I couldn't resist including a race of people. I'm part German, I swear. Seriously, some of my best friends are German. As for the rest of these, I have problems.

gregfrankenstein
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Heightener of Fives

Postby Australia » Sat May 04, 2013 9:37 pm

gregfrankenstein wrote:[*]Germans[/*]

There's two types of people I can't stand. Those that are intolerant of other people's culture and the Dutch.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby RA2 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:24 am

-People who talk too loud
-People whose earbuds are so loud that you can hear their music
-Hurtful/unfunny pranks
-People who accuse me of having no sense of humor when I say I hate a hurtful/unfunny prank
-People who play their rap music so loud it makes everything vibrate
-Nocturnal roomates
-Bigots
-Public displays of affection
-Noisy children

Check out my robot fighting series: http://www.youtube.com/user/ResettisReplicas
RA2
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Skootle » Sun May 05, 2013 12:43 am

Chewing noises. Not normal silent ones, the lip smacking thing.

Liars are a big one for me too. I can't stand it when I know they are lying, THEY know they are lying, THEY know I know they are lying, and they act all innocent. What is the point???

Also drama. People who turn normal or slightly irritating things into a huge deal. My in laws are like this, and it is almost impossible to have a conversation with them anymore. Which sucks because I really like them.

Skootle
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:45 pm

-excessively loud/high-pitched noises (especially sustained ones)
-overly cheerful people
-people who don't understand sarcasm (I don't use it as often anymore, but it's always awkward when someone takes sarcasm seriously.)
-mindless fanaticism/cult mentalities
-bigotry
-people who are stubborn in their stupidity (e.g. A few people in some of my high school classes would often tell me to stop using big words, even though the words I used were at or below a high school-level, and they claimed they were smarter than me. That's far from the only example.)

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Next