Pet peeves

Discussion, in general

Re: Pet peeves

Postby SlayerGoddess » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:17 pm

People who- cut me off in traffic without using their turn signals
- leave piss all over the toilet seat
- pull out in front of me, then drive slow on winding, 2 lane roads where passing is dangerous
- abandon puppies in rural areas
- post passive aggressively on facebook
- purposefully breed their dogs to sell "designer" (ex. pomeranian/chihuahua) puppies
- rob people to buy drugs
- leave shopping carts in parking spaces
- have been living in the USA for years but make no effort to learn English
- complain endlessly about paying their ex-wife child support
- ignore the piss/crap their dog left on the floor of Petsmart

I survived watching "50 Shades of Grey" for TCS Movie Night

3/7/15

NEVER FORGET
SlayerGoddess
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: HER

Postby pickledlightshow » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:13 pm

My current biggest pet peeve would have to be fruit flies. My little brother left some strawberries out in his room overnight and we are now OVERRUN with them. There's gotta be hundreds of the little fuckers and they're impossible to kill and get into everything. Why are there fruit flies in my bathroom? Why are there fruit flies in my closet? Who fucking knows?

pickledlightshow
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Post-Modernist

Postby D-LOGAN » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Cyclists.

I mean, if there was separate roads for them, maybe. But one the main roads, with cars. THAT DOG WON'T HUNT MONSIGNOR!

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby LaChaise » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:05 pm

pickledlightshow wrote:My current biggest pet peeve would have to be fruit flies. My little brother left some strawberries out in his room overnight and we are now OVERRUN with them. There's gotta be hundreds of the little fuckers and they're impossible to kill and get into everything. Why are there fruit flies in my bathroom? Why are there fruit flies in my closet? Who fucking knows?

Relax, open a beer.

No, seriously. Open a beer, pour a bit in a recipient (the best is the good ol' plastic bottle trap, just don't do it with too big a bottle). Now you just have to lazily finish that beer while waiting for these fucking flies to be doomed by their beer addiction. Don't forget to get rid of all potential breeding grounds like fruits and veggies in the open if you want this solution to last for more than a couple hours.

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

Postby BobTheZombie » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:27 pm

D-LOGAN wrote:Well quite frankly Bob-ster, if you're gonna be leaving your sh*t lying around, in those fancy buckets, all inviting looking and steamy in the open air ...... well, you've only got yourself to blame pal when people naturally come over for quick fondle of it. And come on, it's not like we don't wash our hands when we're finished. We're not barbarians!

Well I wish you'd wash you're hands before as well. I carefully divided that up into "conversation shit" and "throwing shit". I was going to carry the latter pile to the zoo to throw at the monkeys but now it's all mixed together so it's all ruined!

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!" - Virginia from Dragonzball P
BobTheZombie
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pessimistic Optimist

Postby D-LOGAN » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Still tastes nice though. Kudos for that by the way.

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:50 am

My number one pet peeve (Thanks, Cracked and other comedy websites!) is people saying that sugar causes diabetes. It drives me fucking bonkers. Excess sugar does not in itself cause diabetes. Diabetes has been around since ancient times ( you just couldn't treat it-you died back then). Diabetes, in fact, is not a sugar problem but an insulin problem. SO STOP SAYING THAT EATING CAKE, ETC IS CAUSING DIABETES. http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-myths/
http://diabeteshealth.com/read/2008/12/ ... -diabetes/

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby D-LOGAN » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Plus if that was the case, the cure for it would be.....stop eating/ giving your children sugar. BAM, no more diabetes. Ever.

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:02 pm

People who try to be deep on Twitter. I don't mean occasionally tweeting something meaningful, I mean people whose every other (or in bad cases, every) 140-character soundbite is some peice of supposed wisdom. THAT IS NOT WHAT TWITTER IS FOR. Most of them are quotes or paraphrases (whether or not they're attributed) and not the twitterer's 'wisdom' anyway.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby JamesT » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:58 pm

CarrieVS wrote:People who try to be deep on Twitter. I don't mean occasionally tweeting something meaningful, I mean people whose every other (or in bad cases, every) 140-character soundbite is some peice of supposed wisdom. THAT IS NOT WHAT TWITTER IS FOR. Most of them are quotes or paraphrases (whether or not they're attributed) and not the twitterer's 'wisdom' anyway.

"A witty saying proves nothing" -Voltaire

Plz Retweet! #french #YOLO #Irony

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby electricflamingo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:47 pm

-I hate it when things are out of order.
-When I have to connect with facebook to use a website.
-Some of my husband's friends assume I'm stupid or immoral. Mostly because I don't work in IT, I'm younger and I had the audacity to be born in a country other than India. I make light of this but it not only annoys me it also hurts.
-Geographical errors. Whether it's a misspelling or simply placing a country in the wrong region I hate it. I keep it to myself though because I try to always be nice.

electricflamingo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby w00 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:30 pm

electricflamingo wrote:-Some of my husband's friends assume I'm stupid or immoral. Mostly because I don't work in IT, I'm younger and I had the audacity to be born in a country other than India. I make light of this but it not only annoys me it also hurts.
-Geographical errors. Whether it's a misspelling or simply placing a country in the wrong region I hate it. I keep it to myself though because I try to always be nice.

So, your husband was born in South America and is in IT? Where were you born? I'm sure his (Indian?) friends will get over their distrust of you in a few decades, so don't worry about it too much.

Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, while others merely gargle.
--
There are 4 boxes to use in the defence of liberty:
1) soap, 2) ballot, 3) jury, 4) ammo.
Use in that order.
w00
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Wrote the Turing test

Postby electricflamingo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:57 pm

w00 wrote:
electricflamingo wrote:-Some of my husband's friends assume I'm stupid or immoral. Mostly because I don't work in IT, I'm younger and I had the audacity to be born in a country other than India. I make light of this but it not only annoys me it also hurts.

So, your husband was born in South America and is in IT? Where were you born? I'm sure his (Indian?) friends will get over their distrust of you in a few decades, so don't worry about it too much.

LOL :).

I was born in Tbilisi, which given the geographic knowledge you've shown above, is totally north of Florida.

It bugs me though because they latch onto any error I make such pronunciation errors or not knowing the exact custom from their exact region when half the time they ask me questions about Ukraine, Russia, and on one occasion Brazil. The final one was both flattering and confusing.

electricflamingo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby AboveGL » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:26 am

The phrase "pet peeve".

And before anyone jumps in, I'm not too keen on "meta" either.

Spoiler: show
Thank you, Basic Instructions!

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

PreviousNext