Checking In /Still Alive

Discussion, in general

Re: Checking In /Still Alive

Postby Bert » Fri May 19, 2017 10:01 am

I haven't been active here or in chat for a while and felt the need to explain. For a while I was working on a certification that was taking a lot of time and energy and for the last couple weeks I've had a new job. It's in special education which, as you can probably imagine, is stressful. It will get less so over time as I figure things out but for now I'm partly dealing with it as I deal with most such things, by withdrawing until the stress goes down.

I've also moved into what will be a better living arraignment, so that's nice.

I've never been a prolific poster but I hope to at least get back to my previous level and be more involved as I am able in the near future. As always I am available in a mod capacity or a friend capacity via PM here on the forum or direct message or @ mention on our Discord server.

"Condoms are a sign of a bad relationship." -Kate

"We have been here a while. We are not clean people." -Typical Michael
Bert
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Show rep

Postby RaceProUK » Fri May 19, 2017 10:59 am

phpBB [video]

RaceProUK
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby RainyDays » Mon May 22, 2017 6:04 am

I'm not really planning on posting in this thread every time I sporadically pop back into existence, but I just checked and I haven't posted anything since November, so... Here's a brief summary of my life since last I was here:

-Studying. I'm halfway through school, which means I'm halfway to a day when I might catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and I won't be momentarily surprised that I have actual human features and I am not just a floating brain who should be studying instead of wasting time looking at mirrors.

-I'm allergic to penicillin. I'm inordinately annoyed by this. Mostly because I still suspect I had a viral infection and should not have been on antibiotics at all, but also because I don't appreciate my own immune system acting up. Calm down, immune system. You don't know everything.

(I was admittedly begrudgingly amused when I got to pharmacology class that day, splotchy-faced and miserable, a mere hour after leaving the clinic with my shiny new allergy diagnosis, and the lecture specifically involved penicillin allergies. So I'll give you some credit for comedic timing, immune system.)

-It's sad that all I can think of for a third point is more studying. That's literally all I do.

I might now vanish back into the ether of education. I haven't been as absent as I seem, because I do still lurk around (I can see you but you can't see me and it's not creepy I swear). My phone refuses to keep me logged in no matter how sternly I lecture it, so I don't usually bother when I'm on mobile.

But! I'm once again going to say I'll try to stick around! And I will try! Again! And probably fail. Again. But I miss hanging out in this corner of the internet. Hello, actual human beings who are not my classmates. It's good to read your words and give you thumbs.

RainyDays
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:23 pm

Top Secret government stuff. You know how it goes.

Wait, do you? Cause... nvm just leave your contact info if you do so we can award you for, uh, patriotism.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby BobTheZombie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:52 pm

So I just said I'd pop in and confirm I'm still alive (or undead). Apparently my last post was November 2015. If that's accurate, then that's a crazy long time ago. So much has changed since then and is in the process of changing. I don't feel like going into it right now but long story short, I moved out of my home to pursue work in Science. Now after having had a job in the lab, being let go (no loss since I disliked the work), I'm trying to pursue my real passion, which is, for lack of a better term, film making. Writing, shooting and editing.

So that's what I want to do now. My living situation seems to have deteriorated quite a bit so I'll probably be moving back home for a while before I start a Film and TV course in the city where I went to college. Not sure what the future holds but once I get sorted and add a bit more harmony to 'home' life, I think I'll be quite optimistic about it. I probably won't be terribly active but I want to update people on my continued not-deadness and general goings on. Until the next time.

See you Space Cowboy. . .

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!" - Virginia from Dragonzball P
BobTheZombie
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pessimistic Optimist

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:34 pm

BobTheZombie wrote:before I start a Film and TV course in the city where I went to college.

I've literally recently done the same thing sir. Great minds huh?

Anyway, good to hear back from you. You've missed nothing. Been quiet here the last couple of years.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby Askias » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:44 pm

I'm alive. Like, breathing and everything. I've in the background sometimes, but while I felt an urge to post on occation, I've grown accustomed to the quiet existence.

Also, I now have my Bachelor's degree and my Master's starts in a few days. Calmly down the stream.

If there be here lesson or moral, it lies beyond the competence of him who wrote this post.
(Jack Vance, Emphyrio)
Askias
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Night Owl

Postby Piter Lauchy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:36 pm

Hey guys. How's it going?

I had kind of a mental breakdown in late June, after which I forbade myself from using a screen except for the most basic things like email. I needed to do real things. Adopted a healthier lifestyle, learned to cook more complicated things than a pot of noodles, started working out again. That all helped a bit, but the earliest I would've gotten professional help was in November. I tried to hold out until then, but around three weeks ago, I decided fuck it, I'll do the egotistical thing for once and take my own life. I had planned on doing it last Monday because the weekend before that my sister and mother celebrated their birthdays together. I didn't want to ruin that. Also, it was the last thing I was looking forward to. On Monday, I went out with my roommates (my roommate's girlfriend had moved in), we drank and they noticed something was wrong. They got me to talk, some stuff happened and now I'm in a mental hospital. There's no Wi-Fi here and not much else to do, I'm bored out of my mind and so I thought I'd check out TCS again.
So... Hey guys. How's it going?

ETA: By "some stuff happened" I don't mean that I freaked out on them or anything. It's just that the details from me telling them to me getting where I am now aren't worth mentioning. Just let it be known that I have the best friends in existence.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Holy shit. Uh I've got nothing going on tbqh. Glad to have you back, was wondering where you went.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby IamNotCreepy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Honestly, Piter, I did notice that you hadn't posted in a couple of months, and the last couple of posts you did were pretty dark and depressing. I had seriously considered the possibility that something had had happened.

I'm really glad you didn't go through with it, and I wish you all the best in your continued recovery.

=)

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:41 pm

Piter Lauchy wrote:So... Hey guys. How's it going?

Eh, pretty good, I've become slightly more awesome since last we spoke and twice as modest, but other than that nothing much.

It's good to see you around again.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby Link1432 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:59 am

I checked in unofficially a few months back to play Mafia, but I didn't really re-introduce myself much outside of that, even though I meant to. Take 2!

Hi everyone. For those who don't know me, I'm Link. I'm still Link for those that do know me. I'm still alive and kickin' and I missed checking in with the people here, so here I am.

I'd love to come back here on a regular basis and be more active in the community, but I don't know how well I'll do at that; it's not like I was ever really that active before. You can come find me on other platforms if you want to catch up... Although if I'm being honest, I don't really exist on social media at all. If I can figure out this newfangled Discord thingy, hit me up there. I'm on Skype, so PM me for that.

... I don't know, Steam? Email, if you're into retro? That's about it.

Hope to see you around some more.

Link1432
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Champion

Postby reallifegirl » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Hey there,

Just wanted to pop in since I'm realizing I haven't been here in a couple of months. I am alive and still love you all (except you. yes you. you know what you did.).

Sorry for not showing my face around much lately, but the last couple of months have been rough at my job, which may be the subject of an upcoming rant-y post or something, because it's just been a bad several weeks. But as a result, I am giving less of a shit about what my corporate overlords think of me, so I'll probably be popping by during work hours more often :P

Last edited by reallifegirl on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby IamNotCreepy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 pm

reallifegirl wrote:Hey there,

Just wanted to pop in since I'm realizing I haven't been here in a couple of months. I am alive and still love you all (except you. yes you. you know what you did.).

Oh come on! Hate Week has been over for like 6 months. Just admit I won, and let's move on.

Sorry you've been having work troubles. Hopefully things will turn around (even if it means you won't be around as much).

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby reallifegirl » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Neverrrrr you will never beat meeeeeeee

Thanks!! Hey maybe I'll just get a new job that'll leave me some more dicking-around-online time, so it could still all be win-win.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

PreviousNext