Checking In /Still Alive

Discussion, in general

Re: Checking In /Still Alive

Postby RainyDays » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:49 am

So. We meet again, you and I, after all this time.

I have been gone far, far too long. Logging in was like a warm wave of nostalgia washing over me.

School ate my life. And my brain, and my soul, and also like three water bottles and a keychain that I will never see again in this life or the next. It will probably consume more. It is a gaping maw that feeds on money, time, and stress hormones, and spits back only terror of the future, exhaustion, and somehow even more stress hormones. And possibly some educational information I'll need for my career, I don't know, that's the rumor.

The bits in between studying have been kind of a downer, too, so that's been lousy. I can't guarantee I won't vanish for more stretches of time in the future. Soon, I will be called to do battle against exams again, and they are a formidable foe.

But! I am happy to be back. I have missed you all far more than can be appropriately expressed in a public forum. All of you. Even the ones I haven't met yet. ALL.

RainyDays
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep

Postby SilverMaple » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:10 am

RAINYYYYYYYYY, you're BAAAAAAAACK

Are you saying you're not going to waste hours on the internet and then study in a sugar-and-caffeine-fueled frenzy the night before? That's...actually a pretty good plan. Carry on.

Bert wrote:The best part of my job is fistfighting an 8 year old every day.

//Friend come and go, like the wave in the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on our face.\\
SilverMaple
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Nerd of a Feather

Postby cmsellers » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:30 am

Rainy's back! And Arkyle came back like a month ago. So did Lind. And Dasha (who I hadn't even met) came back a few weeks before that. Perhaps there's hope that ButtChocolate will return after all.

Any rate, if school is eating your life, I hope that it's at least for a degree that will actually make you money.*

SilverMaple wrote:Are you saying you're not going to waste hours on the internet and then study in a sugar-and-caffeine-fueled frenzy the night before? That's...actually a pretty good plan. Carry on.

Don't encourage her, Maple. She's ruining the curve for everybody else.

I didn't do that the first time around, but I'm like 65% certain I'm doing that this time.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Malfeasinator » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:07 am

My life has been crazy. I haven't been on here much. It's about to get weird for the next couple days. I will update when I can.

Still alive.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby cmsellers » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:00 am

So I've been on IRC, but haven't really been posting in the forums.

I initially stopped posting in an attempt to waste less time so I'd be less behind with stuff I need to do. That hasn't really happened.

Thought I might post more over Spring Break, but I got far less accomplished than I expected and relaxation was flat out.

I may post in the rant thread because my stress has been extreme, and my adorable obscure critters thread for the same reason. Probably won't post much elsewhere until this term is over.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Malfeasinator » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:02 pm

cmsellers wrote:So I've been on IRC, but haven't really been posting in the forums.

I initially stopped posting in an attempt to waste less time so I'd be less behind with stuff I need to do. That hasn't really happened.

Thought I might post more over Spring Break, but I got far less accomplished than I expected and relaxation was flat out.

I may post in the rant thread because my stress has been extreme, and my adorable obscure critters thread for the same reason. Probably won't post much elsewhere until this term is over.

I feel that. Life is so bonkers right now that I don't dare tell anyone just how off the rails it's all become. I get the feeling people either wouldn't believe me or they'd just drown me in pity tears if they did, and that's not helpful.

I have no idea how to proceed. I'm just going to try to meditate.

These little black kids are saying "Deeeez Nuuuts" in the library. I'd laugh but I'm not sure I remember how. I think I can manage a smirk.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby Twistappel » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Just going though one of my unsociable phases.

You say "New World Order" "communist echo chamber" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby Australia » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:02 pm

Hey, everyone, party at Morphine's!

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:36 am

Australia wrote:[ Image ]

Eh, I could do that.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby LegionofShrooms » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:30 am

Despite the laws of nature, fortune and my job all trying their humble best to kill me, I ain't dead yet.

Tell your momma, tell your poppa, tell your sisters and your brothers, tell your lovers, tell your children, tell your dominatrix:

The Writing Workshop is where all the cool kids hang out.
LegionofShrooms
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: Mastermind of Fungi Based Evil

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:19 am

NathanLoiselle wrote:
Australia wrote:[ Image ]

Eh, I could do that.

Pretty sure I did that last week as I went to pick up the newspaper.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby SilverMaple » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:29 am

Unless the voices in my head have been lying to me the past week or so, I still exist. College has been nuts. And not in the drunken, keg stand, lampshade-on-head way, more of the "oh sweet jesus I have to memorize the single letter codes for all 20 amino acids by next week" way.

Here's hoping I survive the next 6 months to post regularly again. In the meantime, have some pictures I took. It's pretty as heck here. All the hills are also hell on my prairie-accustomed legs. Enjoy.

Spoiler: show

Bert wrote:The best part of my job is fistfighting an 8 year old every day.

//Friend come and go, like the wave in the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on our face.\\
SilverMaple
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Nerd of a Feather

Postby Grimstone » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:59 am

SilverMaple wrote:I have to memorize the single letter codes for all 20 amino acids by next week

Next stop, proteins!

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby cmsellers » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:15 pm

Holy fuck, I want to live in BC. Well, not really, because the exotic pet laws are terrible. I want to live in Oregon, which is like BC but with more reasonable laws.

Also, if it wasn't clear from all the posts yesterday; I'm still alive. But I think I was only absent for like a week or two (and I made one post last week), so I don't know if anyone noticed my absence. I've been busy making things difficult for myself.

You might encounter more absences towards the middle and the end of the semester, but as long as there's at least a handful of people I like interacting with here; I don't think I'll ever fully leave TCS, even if I vanish for months on end.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

so how's everyone doing?

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:29 am

well, I'm back! took a break from the site due to... well.... Brexit... and now Trump.... and I didn't really want to offend any more people... (Emperor knows I've made enough enemies on Cracked itself) so.... how's everyone doing? any major changes to the site during my absence? let's catch up... I'll put the kettle on

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

PreviousNext