Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:23 am

Well at least there isn't a furricaust.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Re: TCS Furs

Postby Matthew Notch » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:32 am

I, too, was under the impression that being a furry was a sex thing exclusively. So, if it's like just a fandom for anthropomorphic animals? Then hey! I guess that's me too.

I have always fancied the idea that humans could be augmented with the abilities of animals, or conversely, that animals could be gifted with the prescience of humans. The Beast is my favorite or second favorite X-Man. Right now I'm at work on a science fiction series which prominently features an eight foot tall furry monster thing that also wants to be a future ship's counselor. And then what about LACKADAISY?!

You can't tell me that's not fantastic art. I remember when I first heard about it on PWoT, and someone else responded that the artist is a furry, like that made it invalid or something. Frankly, as long as they aren't having the sex with actual beasts, then I didn't even care if it was a sex thing. But it's nice to know that I'm a furry too!

At least in spirit.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby sunglasses » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:07 pm

This explains your signature a bit more, Notch.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Jack Road » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum I suppose. I always wanted to have fur and a tail, or maybe wings. When I was younger I was a huge fan of Gatomon from Digimon, and some point crossed her character with the Pokemon Meowth's evolved form, Persian. I guess I added the wings at some point, possible from Gatomon's digivolved form, or maybe I saw a bit of Cardcaptor Sakura, and based the whole thing off of Spinel Sun. Occult Gakuin was not a thing yet, but most of my imaginings about it are oddly similar to that one scene from Episode 12.

Any psychoanalyst could have a field day with that. Obviously I really wanted freedom, hence the wings. I could only turn into this creature at night, again on this idea that the night was the only time that was truly mine. Most of the books I loved and still love from that time period had this conceit that cats were inherently well-versed and well-traveled in the mystical world, but also aloof. Sandman, Old Kingdom, Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Earthsea, Discworld, Harry Potter, Redwall. I was obsessed with Egyptian mythology, especially Bast. I loved the idea that a cat knew everything that was happening, but was above all of it. Moving in and out of the protagonist's story line, they treated the protagonist like a mouse, fun to play games with.They were never the central part of the story themselves.

My companion was always a young female human. But I have to state firmly that this was nothing sexual, on the surface at least. I myself had no binary gender, and was also a completely different species, and indeed, a completely different type of living thing altogether. All my real life friends were female then, and now, so I think this speaks towards me wanting a human connection than anything else.

So all that to say this. When I first discovered that people thought all furries were sexual deviants, I was appalled. I was even more appalled when I discovered that most of us are. I might not even be a furry. I just know that I spend a lot of time thinking about being a giant panther with wings. And thinking about it is never arousing in any way.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:40 pm

I had a character like that, and my character has a similar origin story. It began when I was trying to draw a hybrid of ninetails and arcanine. Then I added wings because, why the hell not? And decided it's actually a fuzzy dragon. I named her Fincayra, and ruined this drawing by adding every single photoshop filter because that's what kids do.

Glowing_drAgon.jpg
Glowing_drAgon.jpg (159.16 KiB) Viewed 5405 times

I was very attached to this character, but I never saw her as myself. Fincayra's personality is basically the embodiment of serenity, which is something I can't personally relate to. Fincayra also isn't something I still invest my imagination in, or not in the same sense anyway. As a child I used to come up with a lot of characters like this. I would frequently imagine I was a dinosaur, specifically a troodon named Nantarb. I never thought of this as a furry thing though, just a pretty typical childhood thing.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Jack Road » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:50 pm

Well it is until you get told you are an adult and still imagine flying around on apartment rooftops. Then people tell you that you are a furry.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby 52xMax » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:45 pm

I blame Minerva Mink

I also blame Lola Bunny

I... I think I said too much already.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby Tesseracts » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Here is what the Nostalgia Critic had to say on the subject of Lola Bunny, back when he was young and didn't understand the ways of the internet.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:05 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby Albatross727 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:08 pm

OK so I happened to come across this and it made me laugh so much I felt the need to share it with someone.

My Birthday is 7th February.

I didn't choose the furry life, the furry life chose me.
Albatross727
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: TCS Birdmaster General

Postby Readersprite » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Here, late present for this year. I'll find some...other...way to please you when February comes around.

Mutually Happy Birthdays.jpg
Mutually Happy Birthdays.jpg (57.05 KiB) Viewed 5311 times

I really like it here.
Readersprite
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Thief of Blood

Postby RaceProUK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:17 pm

TIL I'm not the only furry here :D

RaceProUK
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Albatross727 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:34 pm

RaceProUK wrote:TIL I'm not the only furry here :D

*Peaks out from under my rock*

There's another? I...I'm no longer alone?

I didn't choose the furry life, the furry life chose me.
Albatross727
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: TCS Birdmaster General

Postby RaceProUK » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:47 pm

Albatross727 wrote:
RaceProUK wrote:TIL I'm not the only furry here :D

*Peaks out from under my rock*

There's another? I...I'm no longer alone?

Furries stick together ;)

RaceProUK
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:09 am

And that explains the avatar.

I leave this to you both: https://www.someecards.com/cute/animals ... n-dog-mom/

It's kinda adorable.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

PreviousNext