Origins of your username?

Discussion, in general

Re: Origins of your username?

Postby Australia » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:39 am

Jack Road wrote:[Deleted]

Oh no. Jack's origin has been... *gasp*... retconned! Everyone be on your toes and keep your eyes peeled for-

Where was I? Oh, right, I'm a robot. My name stands for Android Under Serious Training Redirecting Asteroids, Lying Incongruously and using far too many letters in Acronyms.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Revolving Royal » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Hello all, cmsellers seemed interested in my username so I'd thought I would share. I was looking up words that begin with the undisputed best letter of the alphabet, the ravishing R of course, and hit upon the word revolving. After trying to come up something to flow with the word I went with the translation of my given name into hopefully interesting name I have now.

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out" -Ray Bradbury

I am not “full of hate” as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine. ~Internet Wiseman
Revolving Royal
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lurker

Postby LiteralHipster » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:50 pm

I like your username. I picture the Burger King... king furiously spinning down a maelstrom, keeping his arms firmly pressed to his sides and keeping his crown barely attached to his head.

LiteralHipster
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Revolving Royal » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:06 pm

That is simultaneously undignified and terrifying. I love it.

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out" -Ray Bradbury

I am not “full of hate” as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine. ~Internet Wiseman
Revolving Royal
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lurker

Postby Australia » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:50 am

Revolving Royal wrote:That is simultaneously undignified and terrifying. I love it.

But enough about Bert's mum.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Ladki96 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:34 pm

Mine's very stupid, and I kind of regret it now :/ "Ladki" means girl in Hindi, and the "96" stands for "1796," the year I was born. So not only am I an obvious attention whore for taking very creative Girl for a username and foolishly standing out as an omgspecialsnowflakeIndianbrownwoman, I also fought in the American Civil War. Call me Lads or me kill you >:|

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Windy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:31 pm

Australia wrote:
Revolving Royal wrote:That is simultaneously undignified and terrifying. I love it.

But enough about Bert's mum.

[ Image ]

If he missed the ball there would be a dead baby

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Paradox » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm a big fan of the car brand, Toyota.

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby rowdyrodimus » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:45 pm

I'm a wrestling fan, former indy wrestler and Transformers fan and I wanted a name to play off of all that with a name that would be one of a kind and let people know when they see it, they know who is writing the post. Rowdy Roddy Piper was my 3rd cousin on my Mom's side and has always been my favorite. So that's where I got "Rowdy". Rodimus comes from Rodimus Prime who took over as leader of the Autobots after Optimus Prime died in the 1986 animated movie. Rodimus is close to Roddy and as a plus, his character's name before he was given the Matrix of Leadership was "Hot Rod", which if you remember seeing Piper in his WWF/E days, his shirt always said "HotRod!" and was one of his nicknames. It all just fell together. So basically, it's a tribute to my cousin and my Transformers fandom.

rowdyrodimus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Lord Of Nothing

Postby mancityfooty » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Rowdy was always a favorite. Thanks for bringing him up.

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Postby Anglerphobe » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:16 am

Windy wrote:If he missed the ball there would be a dead baby

It was travelling past the guy, and he stuck his arm out to catch it. The kid was never anywhere near it.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby DoglovingJim » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:42 pm

Anglerphobe wrote:
Windy wrote:If he missed the ball there would be a dead baby

It was travelling past the guy, and he stuck his arm out to catch it. The kid was never anywhere near it.

I think Windy was suggesting that if the guy couldn't catch the ball he would have killed the baby out of shame.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Absentia » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:44 am

Don't know if anyone actually cares, but I do enjoy telling stories about myself.

I used a Pokemon-based pun as a handle for years and got kind of sick of it after awhile, so when I was signing up for an account on Kingdom of Loathing I decided I would use something different. I was trying to come up with something slightly goofy as befits KoL, so I decided to do a somewhat obscure word that also sounds like it could be a generic adventurer's name. I liked Absentia because it's sort of a built-in irony to name yourself "absence" (subconscious shout out to Odysseus I guess), plus it would put me near the top of alphabetical lists. When Absentia is already taken on other sites I usually go with Absentia11, because 11 is a running joke on KoL.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Piter Lauchy » Tue May 03, 2016 4:38 pm

The story of my user name contains a lot of inside jokes. I'll try to explain them as best as I can.

One fateful evening, me and two friends had dinner together. One thing lead to another and we founded a rap band, Gurkenwasser (cucumber water), inspired by the use of pickled cucumbers in our meal.
Obviously, we needed stage names and at first, mine was Schlimmlauch. "Schlimm" means "bad/evil" and "Lauch" literally means "leek", but it's also frequently used in the German rap scene to refer to a wimpy/skinny (in the non-muscular way) dude. So "Schlimmlauch" could be translated as "Bad Wimp". I don't remember how that name came up. Blame general silliness.

Anyway, after recording the two best rap albums in all of history we were bored, for there lay no more challenges before us, and we turned to audio drama.
Before I go on, you need to know two things:
1. The Three Investigators are huge in Germany and a staple of German audio drama. They're known as Die Drei ??? (the three question marks, basically) here.
2. We ironically worshipped one of our teachers for his strictness, no-bullshit attitude and ability to dryly take us apart. I say "ironically", but at some point we were so far in that we were almost cult-like (all in good fun, though). That teacher's first name was Peter.

So, we turned to audio drama and decided to call ourselves Die Drei !!!. Each of us represented one of the Drei ??? and adapted our stage names accordingly. I was Peter. Obviously, I couldn't taint the name of the Peter, so I changed it to Piter (Englishly pronounced Peter and Germanly pronounced Piter sound the same) and added the Lauch from my former stage name. Then I added a -y because it sounded better to me.

And that's the story of how Piter Lauchy came to be.

Side note: When I was younger, my standard user name was Outshoutsign which is a literal translation of the German word for exclamation mark, "Ausrufezeichen". Aus = Out, rufe(n) = (to) shout, zeichen = sign.
I was certain that that would be my user name for life, as I was rather proud that I thought of it and also liked the "edginess". Yes, I was that kind of teen.
"Outshoutsign" is now pretty cringe-y to me while I still love "Piter Lauchy" for its uniqueness and goofiness. Funny how that turned out.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby JamishT » Tue May 03, 2016 9:31 pm

So...you're a leeky Peter. Heh.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,