Origins of your username?

Discussion, in general

Re: Origins of your username?

Postby Jack Road » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:10 am

[Deleted]

Last edited by Jack Road on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:35 am

SandTea is just a homophone for sanity basically. I used it mainly because of Don Quixote and his thoughts about stuff.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby octoberpumpkin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:48 pm

I had a certain name for the longest time based off of a word I made up when I was little. Eventually I decided it was time for something new. But I needed something easy to remember because I'd been using the other one for like 10 years. So I tried October because it's the month of my boyfriend's birthday. It was taken though so I just tried thinking of something related to October and my first thought was pumpkins. So I went with octoberpumpkin. Ta da!

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Learned Nand » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:19 pm

octoberpumpkin wrote:I had a certain name for the longest time based off of a word I made up when I was little. Eventually I decided it was time for something new. But I needed something easy to remember because I'd been using the other one for like 10 years. So I tried October because it's the month of my boyfriend's birthday. It was taken though so I just tried thinking of something related to October and my first thought was pumpkins. So I went with octoberpumpkin. Ta da!

If that had gone slightly differently...

Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Click for a Limerick
OrangeEyebrows wrote:There once was a guy, Aviel,
whose arguments no one could quell.
He tested with Turing,
his circuits fried during,
and now we'll have peace for a spell.
Learned Nand
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Auditor of Reality

Postby Matt the Czar » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:48 am

Matt the Czar wrote:I may be a tiny, tiny, tiny, WINY, bit Russian. From my mainly Polish side.

Turns out i'm actually 7-6%. :D

Also, the Tsars ruled Russia. A Czar was the name of an administrative post in Poland, and still is now.

"Operation Prepare Your Anus is considered to have been the most thoughtfully planned and masterfully executed humanitarian intervention in American history."-DTanza, alternatehistory.com

Now as a very moral person, I would never sell a pot brownie to a toddler.
I.. I would just GIVE it to them.- CMSellers.
Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:55 am

Eh... If i were to try and remember where it came from...
I used to play this browser game called BattleDawn and wanted a name that would "strike fear into the hearts of my enemies" as i would be the cause of their broken alliances and confounded plans. My name would go down in their history books as the force that changed their fate, cut down the strong and make the high bow low!

This is my game name! and all the would shall fear the great and mighty Krashlia!!!

but before that? When i was in the eighth grade, our teachers had rote methods of teaching definition words. On one day we had to write each word in a sentence. Since there was no rule against it, I used to take a liking or joy from creating stories in which the words can be inserted. Krashlia was the name of a country or nation. It had a police force that included teenagers in task-forces. The teenagers had dealt with specialized and high adrenaline police stuff but also dealt with romantic intrigue and late night trips to the cafeteria which was sparsely occupied and well lit at night. Also, there was the Krashlian royalty, it's military and the border tension and relations with it's rival nation, Sharuda. Sharuda was a state gone rogue and was led by a really intelligent young girl as the queen. When the war finally came, she was captured but managed to convince one of the young Krashlian soldiers to assist her, leading to a crazy escape and adventure... unfortunately the war was one that was supposed to drag in everybody so....

anyway on the name Krashlia:

"Is that a girls name?" asked a classmate.

"no it's not." I replied.

"....it's a girls name. Why'd you give yourself a girls name Kras-hi-la?"

"It's Krash-li-a"

Krashlia says something to someone. Someone assumes its a girl... auuuurrgh!

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:47 am

Krashlia says something to someone. Someone assumes its a girl... auuuurrgh!

It ends in "a". Latin and some Latin derived languages use the suffix "a" to denote the feminine nominative tense, so referring to yourself as something ending in a suggests it's a feminine name by default really. Either that or you're neuter plural, which might be awkward.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Paradox » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:08 pm

Penny Arcade Rebel Alliance Design Of eXperiments

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby Popinki » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Popinki is Polish for honey mushroom. I use it because it's a riff on my Polish last name with also starts with P, and because it's less stupid than my college nickname, which was Beaker, Warrior Princess.

Popinki
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Matt the Czar » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:53 pm

Krashlia wrote:Krashlia says something to someone. Someone assumes its a girl... auuuurrgh!

um...

I may be someone. :oops:

"Operation Prepare Your Anus is considered to have been the most thoughtfully planned and masterfully executed humanitarian intervention in American history."-DTanza, alternatehistory.com

Now as a very moral person, I would never sell a pot brownie to a toddler.
I.. I would just GIVE it to them.- CMSellers.
Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:59 pm

Beaker's not a warrior princess. Beaker's a muppet.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:24 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:03 am

I am a brown recluse spider.

My username is in all caps to show I am serious.

Serious about hanging out in your kitchen!

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby Popinki » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:18 am

NathanLoiselle wrote:Beaker's not a warrior princess. Beaker's a muppet.

Obviously you never saw what he and Dr. Honeydew got up to in the lab after hours...

Popinki
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby pikajew » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:37 am

Let's get the "jew" part out of the way.
Spoiler: show
*clears throat and looks around nervously* I... am a Jew.

The "pika" part comes from a discussion my fiance's friends had about me.
Spoiler: show
I really like to watch people play video games, so if I'm frustrated from my lack of coordination to try playing myself, I like to watch my other half play. He gets a kick out of turning his mic on (in Vent, TeamSpeak, Mumble, etc.) while I'm talking because I have a particularly high-pitched voice that sounds rather cartoonish and I swear multiple times per sentence. Also, at times, particularly when I'm overtired, I wax poetic about... well, anything, really.

So, one time, fiance was playing and I was watching/listening, and I started making sound effects for what he was doing. Someone who wasn't used to my voice screeched something about me sounding like a cartoon animal, which delighted me. I couldn't think of what sound a Donna would make though, so I defaulted to my pet name "smushy." Giggles and "smushy, smush-a-smush!" set someone else off on a Pokemon tangent, which caused one of my fiance's coworkers to tell them a story about me getting so static-y that when I touched the computer, it restarted. Someone else said I'm like a clumsy, Jew Pika-Chu and I liked it. Now all my (main) video game characters are variations of Pika.

pikajew
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Darth

PreviousNext