Looking on the Brighter Side, Things that are good

Discussion, in general

Re: Looking on the Brighter Side, Things that are good

Postby Marcuse » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 pm

cmsellers wrote:Friday I tried to go to Corpus Christi and had car troubles that made me waste three hours and fucked a lot of other stuff up too. But there was a bright side to all of this.

In Nixon City, a truck was just sitting at a four-way intersection, not moving, for five minutes. I was right by a Lowe's, which is a Central Texas grocery chain, not the hardware store. So I went in to use the background, saw three brands of sausage I had never seen, and got a package of each to try. Two of them are some of the best sausages I have ever had.

Apparently there is a specific kind of central Texas sausage called Czech sausage, and it is fantastic. And I only tried two or three brands, there's apparently a ton more I haven't tried yet. I need to get on that.

So...you're saying we should Czech it out?

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Marcuse wrote:
cmsellers wrote:Friday I tried to go to Corpus Christi and had car troubles that made me waste three hours and fucked a lot of other stuff up too. But there was a bright side to all of this.

In Nixon City, a truck was just sitting at a four-way intersection, not moving, for five minutes. I was right by a Lowe's, which is a Central Texas grocery chain, not the hardware store. So I went in to use the background, saw three brands of sausage I had never seen, and got a package of each to try. Two of them are some of the best sausages I have ever had.

Apparently there is a specific kind of central Texas sausage called Czech sausage, and it is fantastic. And I only tried two or three brands, there's apparently a ton more I haven't tried yet. I need to get on that.

So...you're saying we should Czech it out?

Only if you're Hungary!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Kivutar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:23 am

I dunno, I'm still full from the Turkey on the weekend...

Spoiler: show

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:40 pm

My mom talked to someone today whose son needs a math tutor, and passed along my information. I got a call earlier, and now I (probably) will have a part-time job tutoring for the forseeable future. It was only after I hung up that I found out I could’ve charged twice as much as what I said, but I don’t care.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Sporadically Employed

Previous