Looking on the Brighter Side, Things that are good

Discussion, in general

Re: Looking on the Brighter Side, Things that are good

Postby sunglasses » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:34 pm

I have a new niece! And she's in driving distance. And I love her.

51375777_10156968451953050_3086479119425208320_o.jpg
51375777_10156968451953050_3086479119425208320_o.jpg (581.86 KiB) Viewed 6077 times

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby cmsellers » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:51 pm

Make sure to buy her lots of talking toys, finger paints, and fireworks. Maybe get her a pet goat as well.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:36 am

No! Don't get a goat! It'll eat the fireworks and toys. Then the goat will explode and there'll be talking goat all over the kitchen.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Anglerphobe » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:22 pm

The Benevolent deeds of Anglerphobe - Vol 1, entry 3:

I carried a large bag of hockey gear for a young girl (about 12 by the look of her) I saw struggling along with it. It was quite far to where she was going, so I think I saved her a pretty exhausting effort.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby cmsellers » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:27 am

I had an anxiety attack that I was worried might be a heart problem and spent four hours today dealing with it, which sucked. The good news is that I know all my risk factors for heart disease are moving in the right direction. My blood pressure was 104/73 today. It's always been technically "normal," but I have never seen it that low.

But what I think is better news is: I'm not OK with dying. Most of my life, if I thought I might die, I kind of felt like "eh, so much the better, I get shot of this life without guilt." I mean, I think this is good news, but honestly, realizing I actually want to live just feels surreal to me.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:43 am

cmsellers wrote:I had an anxiety attack that I was worried might be a heart problem and spent four hours today dealing with it, which sucked. The good news is that I know all my risk factors for heart disease are moving in the right direction. My blood pressure was 104/73 today. It's always been technically "normal," but I have never seen it that low.

But what I think is better news is: I'm not OK with dying. Most of my life, if I thought I might die, I kind of felt like "eh, so much the better, I get shot of this life without guilt." I mean, I think this is good news, but honestly, realizing I actually want to live just feels surreal to me.

You made a good day even greater for someone else reading that, great work cmsellers and to whoever or whatever helped you in developing this new perspective.

All of you actually (you got a good looking niece sunglasses, she's gonna be a heart breaker for sure), it's good to be back and able to read all these new happy moments.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:45 pm

104/73???? I WISH my blood pressure was that good.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:21 am

I finished the last of a five-year annual survey having to do with the end of college and my (lack of anything resembling a) career since graduating. I should be getting a link to an Amazon gift card in my e-mail soon.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby cmsellers » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:09 am

I went to another Gilbert and Sullivan concert performance (normal clothes, reading from scripts, only instrument is a piano), this time of HMS Pinafore. It was good.

Also, this is more "things that are things," but I was one of the only young people there, and ended up sitting next to one of the only black people there. This mildly amused me.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:23 am

I made corned beef from scratch. I tried cooking it in the oven bags I brined it in, which resulted in a mix of grease and water all over my kitchen floor, but despite that, it turned out pretty tasty. It's also noticeablly redder than store-bought corned beef for some reason. I wish I'd realized this use for briskets earlier, because they are wicked cheap in Texas.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:08 pm

I had a job interview yesterday that I thought went really well, and they told me that they’d let me know by the end of the week if I got it. I just got a call from the recruiter, and she said they want me to start on Monday.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:54 pm

How difficult was it to not yell "yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh boooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" into the phone?

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:57 pm

iMURDAu wrote:How difficult was it to not yell "yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh boooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" into the phone?

Not very, but “fucking fuckity f....(ten minutes later)...fuck yeah!” was more of a challenge.

Oh, and I filled out the papers earlier today, and passed the drug test and everything. So naturally, I’ve been getting calls for other jobs since then, because of course.

*Four hours later edit: My mom just texted me and said that my sister and her husband are expecting at least one offspring in November.*

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:23 pm

Oh sure now that you've got a job you can afford to buy Christmas presents for someone you've haven't even met yet.

The expectations people just shovel on you sometimes, I swear.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Wait. Jbobsully is buying me a christmas gift? That is sooo nice of you Jbob! I'm certain I'll cherish it for ever.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext