Looking on the Brighter Side, Things that are good

Discussion, in general

Re: Looking on the Brighter Side, Things that are good

Postby Typical Michael » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:06 pm

QUOTE (Ganymede314 @ Apr 9 2013, 08:42 PM)
What, are biscuits not biscuits in America? I'm in Ireland and biscuits are damn well biscuits here!

An Irish space-lady?

*be still, Typical Michael's beating heart*

"Typical... Michael... is a ddddddddddddddddddddashing individual!!! *BC punches self in face*" - ButtChocolate

"I'm like Batman, but instead of helping people I'm awful." - CleverDick

"In fairness, I was the one who brought up the goats." - JamesT
Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: ThingMaster

Postby HarpingCarp » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:09 pm

That's awesome everyone, I really liked your music JN.

I JUST heard. I got my summer internship at one of the best ad film production houses around. So I'm super excited for this summer.

Kate threatened me to take it down. I need an adult.

Spoiler: show
<Kateness> Carp
<Kateness> Change your damn sig.
<Kateness> Hate Week's over
<Kateness> I swear to God I'll start editing links to your indiscretion with a pirate, in everything.
HarpingCarp
In The Soul Stone
In The Soul Stone

Show rep
Title: The Carpfather

Postby LaChaise » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Nice! Congratulations man, you'll be one of the most prominent figures in carp advertising (carpvertising?), I just know it!

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

Postby Slainte » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Slainte Posted: Apr 10 2013, 09:14 AM

QUOTE (HarpingCarp @ Apr 10 2013, 04:18 AM)
I JUST heard. I got my summer internship at one of the best ad film production houses around. So I'm super excited for this summer.

Nice man. I just finished up with my final paperwork to start an internship with Johnson Controls next month. Good luck to ya.

As far as things I have going on, I'm 19 hours short of graduating college (took the scenic route, it'll take me 5 years to graduate) Same shit different day, trying to find my way to graduate and move to Colorado, (No I'm not going there to smoke weed), I just love everything about it from my short time there, especially the beer (Breckinridge anyone?)

Also, I'm still new to forums (This is the first forum I've ever posted on other than the odd few at PWOT), if I'm going to quote somebody... Do you just hit Alt Q and then type afterwards? I feel like an idiot because every time I quote someone I have a "Quote" in brackets.

Slainte
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby LaChaise » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 pm

You have to make sure your post contains only one [ QUOTE ] and one [ / QUOTE ] , each one to one end of what you want to quote. The automatic formatting is a bit messy sometimes on this forum, it doubles some things.

Also, best of luck to you!

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep

Postby Ganymede314 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 pm

This thread is so lovely, I have such a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside, its so nice to hear about you guys and the awesome and diverse things ye are all up to!! High fives to everyone!! :)

"The Cosmos is all that is or was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us -- there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation, as if a distant memory, of falling from a height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries."
-Carl Sagan
Ganymede314
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Space Face

Postby nerdnerdnerd » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 pm

I came 537th in a country-wide university entrance exam... out of 1.8 million people!

Too bad I have 5 more exams in June, which are just as important, and I'm supposed to be studying all day, yet yesterday I spent 3 hours reading Cracked and translating Turkish proverbs.

nerdnerdnerd
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Ganymede314 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:12 pm

nerdnerdnerd, that is incredible, congratulations! I too am supposed to be studying for my exams which are in a week, but Cracked, and now this forum, are welcome distractions when I take a break!

"The Cosmos is all that is or was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us -- there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation, as if a distant memory, of falling from a height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries."
-Carl Sagan
Ganymede314
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby HarpingCarp » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:15 pm

That's pretty sweet nerdnerdnerd. All that time spent on Cracked had to manifest itself somewhere. Congratulations.

I swear you guys. I'm not trying to brag. I just got word from my Dean. I've been accepted into a fully sponsored fall exchange semester in Sweden. It was me out of 300 other applicants. Sure it's not 537th out of (a baffling) 1.8 million people. But still.

I'm pretty kicked. An internship and THIS, all in the space of like a week.

Kate threatened me to take it down. I need an adult.

Spoiler: show
<Kateness> Carp
<Kateness> Change your damn sig.
<Kateness> Hate Week's over
<Kateness> I swear to God I'll start editing links to your indiscretion with a pirate, in everything.
HarpingCarp
In The Soul Stone
In The Soul Stone

Show rep
Title: The Carpfather

Postby Ganymede314 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:16 pm

HarpingCarp, that is freaking amazing!! Congrats, I hope it goes really well for you!

-Carl Sagan
Ganymede314
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby LaChaise » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Man, that is one kickass week! Congratulations!

LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep

Postby Blackfish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Blackfish Posted: Apr 10 2013, 06:41 PM

Not much happening in real life for me, but I just finished my first playthrough of Torchlight II as an engineer. Really fun game.

In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
Blackfish
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor

Show rep
Title: Holy Mop Master Race

Postby D-LOGAN » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:17 pm

D-LOGAN Posted: Apr 10 2013, 07:27 PM

Yeah jbobsully11, getting wisdom teeth out is an ordeal, just had one of them and a regular tooth yanked out of my head the other week. But that was nothing compared to the Cleaning I had done by the dentist afterwards.
Seriously the cleaning hurt more than the tooth ache, and I couldn't even scream in pain or beg him to stop hurting me cause the dentist's assistant was female and the aul male pride kicked in (thank God he made me wear goggles for the light he was shining in my eyes, so you couldn't see the tears roll down my face, as is want to happen when you're crying like a baby!)

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby LoopGuru » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:17 pm

LoopGuru Posted: Apr 10 2013, 08:41 PM

Just delighting in an unexpected 65-degree day in the Nevada desert. It's been getting into the 90s lately, so this is a very welcome little break.

LoopGuru
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Lindvaettr » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Considering it's 26 degrees and snowing here, in the middle of April, I think I may have just experienced the first time in my life that I wished I was in the Nevada desert.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

PreviousNext