Looking on the Brighter Side, Things that are good

Discussion, in general

Re: Looking on the Brighter Side, Things that are good

Postby LaChaise » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:20 pm

You confuse me with your lousy Fahrenheit degrees. For one second I thought that an unexpected number of members lived in the middle of the Sahara.

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

Postby jayman419 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:20 pm

QUOTE (LaChaise @ Apr 10 2013, 07:10 PM)
You confuse me with your lousy Fahrenheit degrees. For one second I thought that an unexpected number of members lived in the middle of the Sahara.

What's so confusing about it? Water freezes at 32 degrees, and boils at 212. It's completely logical.

What kind of system do you use? I bet you have to do all kinds of math and memorization to figure out simple things like that.

Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth "You owe me".
Look what happens with a love like that... it lights the whole sky.
~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Lindvaettr » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Oh, well excuse us for using an outdated and bizarrely convoluted and mostly arbitrary system of measurement.

It's not like Celsius is any bet-... Oh, wait. Actually, it's way better. Okay, carry on.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby LoopGuru » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:21 pm

LoopGuru Posted: Apr 10 2013, 09:22 PM

Average summer temperature here is 112 F, so that's about 44-45 C, which sounds a lot less intimidating. All our snowbirds will be heading north soon -- to actually get snowed on, sounds like.

LoopGuru
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Rebo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:21 pm

I don't know what you guys are going on about. I only give temperatures in Kelvins. Right now it is a nice 305^K.

Fuck you, I'm Mayor.
Rebo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Lindvaettr » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:22 pm

There are a lot of problems with the way we do things in America, but at least we're not France! Zing!

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby HarpingCarp » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Dammit cjlind6436, show some respect, if it weren't for the french you'd still be speaking English.

Kate threatened me to take it down. I need an adult.

Spoiler: show
<Kateness> Carp
<Kateness> Change your damn sig.
<Kateness> Hate Week's over
<Kateness> I swear to God I'll start editing links to your indiscretion with a pirate, in everything.
HarpingCarp
In The Soul Stone
In The Soul Stone

Show rep
Title: The Carpfather

Postby Lindvaettr » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Cor blimey, HC. You're right. Colour me embarrassed.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Matthew Notch » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:24 pm

JugularNotch Posted: Apr 10 2013, 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Slainte @ Apr 10 2013, 07:14 AM)
I just love everything about it from my short time there, especially the beer (Breckinridge anyone?)

For many years Avalanche was my favorite brew. My first restaurant job, the chef had it on tap. He gave me pulls of it while I was bussing the lounge area (I was 18, by the way, and NOT drinking whole glasses because THAT'S ILLEGAL). Drinks like water, by God.

Man, you guys are active! Some of these goals you guys have are cahrayzy. Make sure and keep us updated as they get accomplished!

Also yes, all units of measure in America are terrible. Pound for pound, I'd put more weight in kilos if I could.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby Matthew Notch » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:25 pm

JugularNotch Posted: Apr 10 2013, 10:40 PM

QUOTE (pickledlightshow @ Apr 10 2013, 04:02 AM)
I'm taking a cake decorating class and my first ever cake decorated didn't turn out too terribly!...
Oh and if anyone's interested, here's a picture of the cake.

It looks great! My wife, who is a skilled pastries artist, said you did a great job. Alsooooo...

QUOTE (Kate85)
I took a walk for like, 2 miles today. Which doesn't sound like much but this time last year I was basically bed-locked so that's a brighter side for me!

I don't know what caused the bedriddenness, but good for you buddy!

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:26 pm

jbobsully11 Posted: Apr 10 2013, 11:31 PM

QUOTE (D-LOGAN @ Apr 10 2013, 05:27 PM)
Yeah jbobsully11, getting wisdom teeth out is an ordeal, just had one of them and a regular tooth yanked out of my head the other week. But that was nothing compared to the Cleaning I had done by the dentist afterwards.
Seriously the cleaning hurt more than the tooth ache, and I couldn't even scream in pain or beg him to stop hurting me cause the dentist's assistant was female and the aul male pride kicked in (thank God he made me wear goggles for the light he was shining in my eyes, so you couldn't see the tears roll down my face, as is want to happen when you're crying like a baby!)

That sucks. The only reason I knew the pain in my mouth was from wisdom teeth stabbing me from the inside out was because I made an appointment with my regular dentist. She told me that it looked like my top wisdom teeth were growing in (her x-ray machine couldn't move that far back to take pictures). I was about due for a regular cleaning anyway, so she did that and then referred me to an oral surgeon. I mostly felt fine by the time I got home after they were taken out (despite my mom insisting I'd be catatonic for a week, even though her wisdom teeth never grew in and just about everyone who knew what they were talking about said it wouldn't be that bad, but I digress).

QUOTE (Kate85 @ Apr 10 2013, 02:49 AM)
I took a walk for like, 2 miles today. Which doesn't sound like much but this time last year I was basically bed-locked so that's a brighter side for me!

That's awesome. Sounds more awesome than a year ago, anyway (whatever the reason was).

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby D-LOGAN » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:26 pm

D-LOGAN Posted: Apr 11 2013, 02:16 AM

Indeed, when my tooth started aching out of the blue, I had a feeling it would have to go but when I made the appointment with the dentist I just never figured he'd do it RIGHT THERE AND THEN! No questions about was I driving home or in work later.
It was pretty much just "Oooooh we'll have to take that out for you, SIT DOWN NOW!," and away he went. I assumed he'd want to set an appointment for a later date or something, but I'm starting to think he just likes pulling out teeth, and will take any oppertunity to do so. God help anyone who goes into that building just to ask to use the toilet.
But On The Brighter Side, I can eat ice cream again, and I'll be damned if my smile aint shinier! :p

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby MeatPuppet » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:27 pm

MeatPuppet Posted: Apr 11 2013, 03:31 AM

You go on and rock that smile, Doctor.

I've been procrastinating a lot lately and am ridiculously behind on my main subjects as a result, But On The Brighter Side (this gonna be our stock phrase for this thread?), I'm not too stressed about it. 'Cause video games and Internets.

I'm working on a few programs. One's basically a wordprocesser that's meant to be like a digital diary. Another is an on-screen keyboard to help me touch type. I'm done implementing the main features on the diary; just adding some other nifty conveniences. The on-screen keyboard should be pretty easy, having seen code from a different language with the same features. I have more ideas, but they're not set in stone.

So, yeah, I'm pretty excited.

"It's time for the meat puppet!" -- Psycho, Borderlands 2
MeatPuppet
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Knight of Arendelle

Postby jayman419 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:27 pm

QUOTE (D-LOGAN @ Apr 11 2013, 12:16 AM)
Indeed, when my tooth started aching out of the blue, I had a feeling it would have to go but when I made the appointment with the dentist I just never figured he'd do it RIGHT THERE AND THEN! No questions about was I driving home or in work later.
It was pretty much just "Oooooh we'll have to take that out for you, SIT DOWN NOW!," and away he went. I assumed he'd want to set an appointment for a later date or something, but I'm starting to think he just likes pulling out teeth, and will take any oppertunity to do so. God help anyone who goes into that building just to ask to use the toilet.
But On The Brighter Side, I can eat ice cream again, and I'll be damned if my smile aint shinier!

Nah... they make the decision on pretty much one factor... Has it abscessed yet? If so, it's antibiotics and a later appointment. If not, it's "gimme the pliers, stat!"

Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth "You owe me".
Look what happens with a love like that... it lights the whole sky.
~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Typical Michael » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:28 pm

I just came back from some night fishing with some old friends of mine. Such a beautiful night. Clear, just watched the stars, talked about life. I caught a couple of little catfish, threw them back of course. Really nice time.

"Typical... Michael... is a ddddddddddddddddddddashing individual!!! *BC punches self in face*" - ButtChocolate

"I'm like Batman, but instead of helping people I'm awful." - CleverDick

"In fairness, I was the one who brought up the goats." - JamesT
Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: ThingMaster

PreviousNext