Looking on the Brighter Side, Things that are good

Discussion, in general

Re: Looking on the Brighter Side, Things that are good

Postby Paradox » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:35 pm

You're all cool people and I love all of you.

Even you.
Except Nathan.

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:42 pm

You are also pretty cool Toy <3 I love all you guys

Cool Nathan too :)

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:39 pm

*starts singing Portishead's Sour Times*

Nobody loves me.... not like you do.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Sunday, finally, I have an appointment to install Google Fiber. Being seven months after it was supposed to happen I won't believe it until I see it. But I'm still excited.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:53 pm

I just got a call from a headhunter who found my resume online. I apparently didn't sound like an idiot on the phone, because she wants me to go to her office this afternoon for an interview.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby SandTea » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:36 am

To err is human; to use a fighter jet to draw a giant dick in the sky is divine. Some navy pilot(s) sky-wrote a giant phallus above Washington (state, unfortunately) and it has made my day. I thank those heroes for their service. They really are my Blue (balls) Angels.

(recommended listening upon viewing)

Spoiler: show

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:40 pm

I would have thought you'd choose Highway to the Danger Zone. 'Cause women melt at the sound of Kenny Loggins.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:52 pm

cmsellers wrote:Sunday, finally, I have an appointment to install Google Fiber. Being seven months after it was supposed to happen I won't believe it until I see it. But I'm still excited.

It happened! I got Google Fiber!

Also, I picked a bunch of ripe pomegranates from the bushes and both birds are sitting on me and behaving birdifully.

At this specific moment, things are good.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:51 pm

I met someone at a Pokemon raid and he saw my artwork on Facebook, so he asked me to talk to his high school daughter. At the next raid I sat down with them and he introduced me as "an extremely accomplished artist." The girl wants to study realist oil painting, and most art schools aren't good at teaching realism, so I was able to give a lot of advice. He also told me I should teach a workshop at her high school, which I've never done before but might be a good idea.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby DoglovingJim » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:51 am

I fitted my modified (patent pending) "Dashboard" camera onto my car, I feel like a child again since I can't think of saying anything else but that it looks sweet and works like a charm (although I have to find out where to buy wide-angle lenses for that type of video camera [Elmo SUV-CAM 2]). I'm so happy though since now when I run over someone I can replay the experience over and over again to my hearts content.

I'll try to take some pictures of it if anyone is interested.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 am

Just don't run over any toddling speed bumps please :P

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby DoglovingJim » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Ladki96 wrote:Just don't run over any toddling speed bumps please :P

Of course I won't, like pedophiles I'm one of the few people that actually slow down near kindergartens and schools.

Spoiler: show
And I'll have you know that 0.013% of the time on the roads I'm actually the best driver in the world compared to the others driving nearby me, every time.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:49 pm

I just got an e-mail from someone that I had a phone interview with last week. She wants to meet me some time next week for a face-to-face interview. *proceeds to think of twenty different ways to screw it up*

EDIT: And I just got calls from two different people about a temp job at a company that I've applied to in the past, doing the same things I would've been doing those other times. I'm not entirely convinced that this company actually does anything.

next-day edit: I just got the job that I mentioned directly above. It's 6-10 weeks, unless they either hate my work or really like it. *goes outside to jump and scream like a normal, well-adjusted person*

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby mancityfooty » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Thursday night, I'm rocking a potential ear infection, looking up urgent care sites that will take my insurance.
Joplin woman texts, says that my presence has been requested by her kids. of course she asked them a loaded question, something like "would you like to have a visitor this weekend?"
the pic is from Sat morning, you might be able to see the steam coming off the coffee faintly if you enhance enough.
gingerbread houses were made, and sugar cookies were made and frosted. she made pancakes for breakfast (with peanut butter for me), oven fries and dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner. and all I had to do was pull a boot shoelace out of that little hole in a door handle where you stick an emergency key.
I asked but she said only pack for the one night. it seems the kids can usually only handle visitors for that amount of time.
they both asked if I could stay another night.
I did.
oh, and yeah, outer ear infection.
IMG_0161.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG (198.24 KiB) Viewed 6192 times

(I'm tired of making it look like the "how's it going" in the couch section look like a personal blog)

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Postby Piter Lauchy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:17 pm

mancityfooty wrote:I asked but she said only pack for the one night. it seems the kids can usually only handle visitors for that amount of time.
they both asked if I could stay another night.
I did.

In other words, you wore the same underpants two days in a row. Gross, dude.
But seriously, I'm very happy for you and good luck with that infection.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

PreviousNext